New Income Tax For CT

JayHass

Well, the title says it all - more taxes on the horizon. .5% increase in the income tax and a hefty increase in cigarett tax.

Not a dime cut in spending.

In my view: Pandora's box has been opened.

When will this state do something to balance out the money coming in by stemming the money going out - we have already doubled our budget in roughly a decade which is INSANE. Something has to change, we are taxed to death in this state.

I hear a lot of 25-35 age group and those close to retirement saying "goodbye" because this is the straw the broke the camels back. Local talk radio was full of this type of talk.

What say you?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that tax going to be offset with decreases in property taxes and the elimination of the car tax? For most of us, this seems like a good thing right now. This will not be popular in Fairfield County, and I don't know enough about this to have an opinion regarding how the business community is going to like these ideas...

Did she mention anything about the tolls?

Isn't that tax going to be offset with decreases in property taxes and the elimination of the car tax? For most of us, this seems like a good thing right now. This will not be popular in Fairfield County, and I don't know enough about this to have an opinion regarding how the business community is going to like these ideas...

Did she mention anything about the tolls?

Well, the title says it all - more taxes on the horizon. .5% increase in the income tax and a hefty increase in cigarett tax.

Not a dime cut in spending.

In my view: Pandora's box has been opened.

When will this state do something to balance out the money coming in by stemming the money going out - we have already doubled our budget in roughly a decade which is INSANE. Something has to change, we are taxed to death in this state.

I hear a lot of 25-35 age group and those close to retirement saying "goodbye" because this is the straw the broke the camels back. Local talk radio was full of this type of talk.

What say you?

I really want to know where all the tax revenue in this state is going. I'm only 21 years old, a senior in college. But, I know we have the worst tax burden in the nation. I can't really find where in return this money is benefiting. Rural and suburban areas pay a lot of money, supposedly to Hartford and Bridgeport ... but what are they doing with the money?

At this rate, post-grad I'll probably be leaving the state or ending up somewhere like Plainfield or Danielson just to afford living.

I really want to know where all the tax revenue in this state is going. I'm only 21 years old, a senior in college. But, I know we have the worst tax burden in the nation. I can't really find where in return this money is benefiting. Rural and suburban areas pay a lot of money, supposedly to Hartford and Bridgeport ... but what are they doing with the money?

At this rate, post-grad I'll probably be leaving the state or ending up somewhere like Plainfield or Danielson just to afford living.

I have the unfortunate situation of having official residency in the 29th Senate district ... aka Don Williams territory. The only way he's getting kicked out of office is when he dies, and people might still vote the corpse in anyway. I don't understand how the vote goes so overwhelming for him, considering northeast Connecticut doesn't really benefit from the state as much as the cities do.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the unfortunate situation of having official residency in the 29th Senate district ... aka Don Williams territory. The only way he's getting kicked out of office is when he dies, and people might still vote the corpse in anyway. I don't understand how the vote goes so overwhelming for him, considering northeast Connecticut doesn't really benefit from the state as much as the cities do.

Lowerdeck:

Mr. Williams gets in because people are LAZY. They know him so it is as easy to vote for the DEVIL you know then for a new person. I wish Connecticut would get TERM LIMITS, because Florida has them and when the seats are open -- both parties - thou here the Florida Democratic Party is like the Connecticut Republican Party -- vive for the seats. In Connecticut, once in -- you're set until you get sick of the job and want to move on.

JImS

• 2 weeks later...
drc:

Yes it does need TERM LIMITS. It is time that the lawmakers are normal people -- not LAWYERS. I'd love to see business people in the legislature and farmers and aircraft enginners or a pilot or a dockworker - ENOUGH of the LAWYERS. Think what could happen if the state senate had 8 years - and the state house has 4 years. I bet both parties would be stronger - and maybe Dudd could be challenged. I think term limits would make the parties stronger.

beerBeer:

Can you say Tax and Spend, Tax and Spend? I'd say they are waisting money like drunken sailors - but it would be an INSULT to DRUNKEN SAILORS!! At least the drunken sailors are spending their money -- not ours!!!

JimS

Archived