Courtside

Southend

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the "step" effect of the floors on the back just a stage of construction, or have they "topped" off already on the far east edge?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tenth floor, I believe, is when it steps back considerably - about 50% or more - to just the units at the front. Actually, looking at the layout it appears to be about 2/3 of the building steps back and only 1/3 is remaining. It is supposed to shoot up really quickly after that.

• 2 weeks later...

i drove by yesterday and they appear to be pouring the tenth floor now (as seen from davidson street).  I guess we'll be seeing height added quickly over the next month or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, once they get the roof of the 10th, the floors shrink to about 30% of the size and then 20% on the last few levels. I notice them framing out the interiors of some of the lower levels, up to the fifth floor right now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, with this crew, it was posted the day heavy machines showed up :)

although i haven't noticed anyone mention that Court6, the baby sister project to courtside is now under construction.  i walked by today, and they are already putting in the wooden forms for foundation.

Also, courtside is about floor 12/13 now.  They are 2 floors away, i believe, from where all the floors are the very smallest footprint, which should take them the rest of the way to topping out in a matter of weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since sales went so well @ Courtside, I wish they (boulevard Centro) would go back for a re-zoning before the council and get Courtside to top out in the thirty story range. (wouldn't that be grand) :wub:

yeah, with this crew, it was posted the day heavy machines showed up :)

although i haven't noticed anyone mention that Court6, the baby sister project to courtside is now under construction.  i walked by today, and they are already putting in the wooden forms for foundation.

Also, courtside is about floor 12/13 now.  They are 2 floors away, i believe, from where all the floors are the very smallest footprint, which should take them the rest of the way to topping out in a matter of weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watch them every day from my office and they seem to cover one floor in about 7 work days. It looks like they'll be done by the middle of next month with the pouring. I have no clue how long the rest really takes, but they tell me I'll be in in November.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now this is funny! Who else was just on the Bobcat's webcam counting floors? Whoever it was...that was me jockying for camera control with you!

Nope, it's got 17 floors (the first floor is really 2 from the looks of it). There's still an equipment floor (note the elevator core) that will house mechanical and the fin is ornamental. For all purposes, it's topped out.

Quit hogging the camera!!!

Now this is funny! Who else was just on the Bobcat's webcam counting floors? Whoever it was...that was me jockying for camera control with you!

Nope, it's got 17 floors (the first floor is really 2 from the looks of it). There's still an equipment floor (note the elevator core) that will house mechanical and the fin is ornamental. For all purposes, it's topped out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry. That was me. I wanted to see this tree... I've never heard of a ceremonial tree brought up to the top of a new building...

:D

post-953-1121894619_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you are right RHJ they are counting the bottom level as two floors. I was really hoping to see one more floor added. Oh well, I am still quite pleased with the tower.

A2

Archived