Courtside

Southend

I thought the tall part of this building was supposed to be all white and glass... what gives... it doesnt look like something from the Jetsons anymore :( hehe jk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will be white, they just haven't painted it yet. From what I understand, the building will not be complete for another 4 months.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the penthouse view is great and will be for a long while. i know alot of us here were a little let down by the height reality of this building, but i think shes one of the classiest and will age nicely....Sela Ward comes to mind.

It's not really that great of a view either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although good views are all the rage, I don't see what all the fuss is about. The higher up you are, the more rooftops you see. Building rooftops are pretty ugly. Also, about the only bad view I can think of is one exclusively parking lots, a power station (such as the meeting house), or a view without light, such as be being very close to an adjacent building.

I dont know, I try to make it to the bar at Bentleys at least once a week(for drinks, cant afford to eat there). The view is amazing on all sides, I guess dont look down, but out. If your sitting in your living room on the 17th floor, your not going to see the surface lots from the couch, but the top half of all the buildings. I'll take it anyday, and would pay well for it if I had the $$$. And plenty of people in this city certainly do.

Just curious, after this discusion, how much more do you think they can get for a highrise overlooking 3rd ward park after its done. With the Park below, and the skyline above ;) good stuff...

• 3 weeks later...

I am disappointed with waht Courtside looks like from the back, but at least the front looks nice? Also, I have been driving past Brevard and....10th? Looks like the surface parking lot there has been torn up and maybe construction on something has started there?

Just think of the back of Courtside as being some of that "grit" we're missing? :rolleyes:

It's not unusual for a building to have one or even two bland sides. Perhaps Furman decided that was the most likely side to have a tower blocking it off in the future. And it could still be dressed up someday with trim or something.

The extreme example I remember in Los Angeles, were some of the flat, boring old buildings that had their windows painted over on one side. The entire face was converted to a HUUUUGE mural or billboard.

Archived