Courtside

Southend

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a self guided tour of Courtside last week. The views are just stunning. I really like the rooftop terrace which puts you right at the angled roof along the front of the building. It gives you a feeling of being in a boat or a space ship with the skyline in the background. I even liked the views from the units that don't face the skyline.

Elericseven when are you hosting the urbanplanet party on the rooftop of Courtside? :)

I took a self guided tour of Courtside last week. The views are just stunning. I really like the rooftop terrace which puts you right at the angled roof along the front of the building. It gives you a feeling of being in a boat or a space ship with the skyline in the background. I even liked the views from the units that don't face the skyline.

Elericseven when are you hosting the urbanplanet party on the rooftop of Courtside? :)

:)

What is that supposed to be with the no windows there? Are those cond's with no windows back there or something?

the painted area will be visible forever. the sections of that part with no windows are just parts of the condos that simply don't have windows.

if you referring to the lower section that is not painted. it is the parking deck, so no need for windows, but it will covered up by Court6, which they are building in the foreground in this pic.

37338332-M-2.jpg

lol... the PARTS of the condos with no windows.

however, i wonder if courtside does the same thing as some of the other towers, where some rooms do not have windows.

It is especially true of the Vue, where the second bedrooms in many of the non-corner units don't have any windows. (perhaps they have some quasi-window out to the common area, but it isn't shown in the floorplans).

I don't think Furman does that, though... typically he uses half-height walls for living space that would otherwise not have windows so that light from the living room windows flows to the sleeping areas.

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to get a few shots inside of Courtside today. The views are pretty spectacular. And those small windows in the back of the building - they appear to be all be in the hallways, which adds more light to the building, already drenched in it. Overall, I was very impressed.

A skyline view from Courtside's 9th floor post-931-1129693112_thumb.jpg

Another skyline shotpost-931-1129693202_thumb.jpg

Overlooking First Ward rooftopspost-931-1129693261_thumb.jpg

from the penthouse post-931-1129693741_thumb.jpg

..and the future rooftop terrace post-931-1129693391_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is funny to think back on all of the excitement Courtside created when first announced. We were so pumped to have a developer going up that high in Uptown. I remember right before courtside was announced I was fooling around on the internet looking at residential towers. I was looking at some of the tall ones being proposed for Vancouver and wondering when Charlotte would ever get something like a 50 floor res tower. I had no idea it would come so quickly. Since 28, 36, 50, 53, and a couple of 25 floor buildings have been announced since Courtside it has ended up being overlooked. It is amazing how we've become such high-rise residential snobs with all of these new biggies. I guess we've forgotten what it was like a year or so ago when we had no high-rises in the foreseeable future, and when Furman stepped out on a limb and the floodgates opened. No matter what, Courtside will be the one credited with starting it all.

Living on the east side of Tryon, I am most excited about Courtside and Epicentre/TwoTen.

I must say that the poor design of the eastern facade of Courtside took away some enthusiam. However, my opinion is that the human aspects to these projects are far more important than the buildings or architecture. When Courtside opens, it will bring hundreds of new residents to First Ward.

The other projects are nice and all, but Courtside will always be the tallest tower in EaCa (East of Caldwell). :).

Just got an e-mail from BLVD Centro reporting that Courtside units will likely start closing in mid January.

Oh, and they also said this:

I also wanted to let you know that Centro has been meeting with potential restaurant tenants and we hope to secure a tenant soon! If you are interested in the space or if you know someone who is interested, please contact Ashley Ackerman at Boulevard Centro.

Seems like we'll have a restaurant in the bottom of the building.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived