Courtside

Southend

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the number of posts where you bash it, I think we are all clear on your position. :P In fact, the intensity of it makes me almost swear you were an agent at a competing condo project. :whistling:

Me personally... I like it! I like all of Furman's projects.

Wow, you have figured me out ::snap:: Paranoid, are we? It is funny if someone doesn't agree with 80% of people in here, they start to lash out. It is not like what I say is going to change anything, so please, don't work yourself up over my dislike for the building.

I agree with Metro.M, it does look like the Duke Power building. And a mixture of the building with the 2 elevator shafts... The only redeeming quality is the front, which for some reason has NO good place to view it other than 6th or 7th.... and when stuff gets built there, then there will be no good view of it.

Wow, you have figured me out ::snap:: Paranoid, are we? It is funny if someone doesn't agree with 80% of people in here, they start to lash out. It is not like what I say is going to change anything, so please, don't work yourself up over my dislike for the building.

ProTip: In forum text, smilies are often used as facilitators of sarasm, levity, anger, and so forth due to absence of vocal inflections on this here ol

Those are some pretty amazing windows. Anything that lets light through is going to allow temperature variations. Also, no material is a perfect insulator, although I'm sure they've got a few tricks with films and whatnot that can cut down a bit on thermal transfer. Unless perhaps they're some type of self-polarizing double-paned storm window with a vacuum space in between the panes, which sounds pretty gawd-awful expensive. Considering the cost of most the places in the Vue are literally three times what I paid for the same sized space, I guess that some type fancy windows are possible. I doubt it is worth the money. I just work in an office with two walls having floor to ceiling windows and wouldn't really want that for my home. Too much of a good thing.

thats just what the guy at the vue sales center said, he said it was the first window like it to appear in charlotte, its been on buildings such as burj al arab, in dubai, to keep people from frying basically, these windows do exist but I don't know exactly how they work. Its a relatively new technology, you can do some amazing things with glass, have you heard about the new bullet proof glass that you can shoot through only on the inside, thats pretty darn cool, and glass that withstands a 9.0 earthquake.

The Vue's price is all the tub and windows hehe.

I agree with Metro.M, it does look like the Duke Power building. And a mixture of the building with the 2 elevator shafts... The only redeeming quality is the front, which for some reason has NO good place to view it other than 6th or 7th.... and when stuff gets built there, then there will be no good view of it.

Are you saying you like the front, and if not, which elements do you not like about, out of curiosity? I think almost everyone is more than a little disappointed with the back, but most people seem to be digging the front.

Those are some pretty amazing windows. Anything that lets light through is going to allow temperature variations. Also, no material is a perfect insulator, although I'm sure they've got a few tricks with films and whatnot that can cut down a bit on thermal transfer. Unless perhaps they're some type of self-polarizing double-paned storm window with a vacuum space in between the panes, which sounds pretty gawd-awful expensive. Considering the cost of most the places in the Vue are literally three times what I paid for the same sized space, I guess that some type fancy windows are possible. I doubt it is worth the money. I just work in an office with two walls having floor to ceiling windows and wouldn't really want that for my home. Too much of a good thing.

Actually, they are double-paned windows. The type is Low Emittance glass, also known as Low-E. They are very expensive and designed to keep heat in and cold out or vice versa.

I happen to like the front myself, but as mentioned above, there is no where to get a good look at it. Maybe we could hold a contest for someone to find a good skyline shot that includes the good side of the building.

If the breakfast club wasn't there, you'd get a great shot. It looks great from the various BOA towers, but of course it looks real short from there too.

Haha the new kid on the block is a shorty. But anyway, yea I wish that attractive side of the building could face the other way so that it would look nice in pictures of the skyline. The side closest to the CBD will of course be eventually masked by other buildings.

Looking good in the skyline, though, is just a 'nice to have'. The main benefit to this and the other residential towers, like Avenue and Trademark, are the residents they're bringing to their respective neighborhoods. Each of those three I just mentioned do little for the skyline, from most of the common angles that people see.

The front of Courtside really improves the aeshetics of the area just north of the arena. It isn't really something that has much effect from far away, but at a pedestrian level it does.

Are you saying you like the front, and if not, which elements do you not like about, out of curiosity? I think almost everyone is more than a little disappointed with the back, but most people seem to be digging the front.

I enjoy the front, but think it would look better if it wasn't 1 great side, 2 medicore sides, and 1 unsightly side, and if it were built in a different location.... When Levine builds his urban village over there, that view will become even worse... but then again, it could cause it to stick out a lot less and possibly make it less prominent... I just think that this skyscraper juxtapositioned next to the phone building (forgotten its name) creates a line of bland architecture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:wacko: Thay are adding geegaws to the back side today... I am hopeful it will pull the facade above the next door peer(Bell South bldg.) and make it something that Furman's next buyers(Quarter something) will welcome as their focal center point!

It really is hard to overcome a big flat wall with only teeny window punches(interior and exterior). When you spend the money to get such height, the view, light, orientation advantages should demand glass to get that extra value. Corners sell for more, views sell for more, back side remains back side unless it can draw from the other potential values that this height gives this building...

Um, what face to attach????? : :blink::blink::wacko:

Archived