Park Lane Tower

Since I was around in my teen years, I know that i heard there were a development about new 30 floors for Condo on byFremont and James River Freeway, somehow it disappeared in next few weeks... I know where they were supposd to build on there.... Since that area have never been built... that area have been never touch and no lease on it any. This have been buggin me a lot! The developer was David Termohlen.. I was wondered if anyone know about this? or anything... :blink:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know exactly what you are talking about. The reason it didn't happen was because the city thought the architechture was too modern for the area, and Mr. Hammons had something to do with this as well. Mr. Termohlen is the best in the business period. I am still pissed off by this and hope that he might come back and try again.

Here is an article about him....

"BIOGRAPHY OF DAVID E. TERMOHLEN Mr. Termohlen began his work in architectural research and building development in 1950, after having served many years with the Research and Development Command of the United States Air Force. He was a senior project director in the development of facilities for the testing and evaluation of experimental turbine, rocket and atomic engines. His work in the building industry immediately took on..."

I know exactly what you are talking about. The reason it didn't happen was because the city thought the architechture was too modern for the area, and Mr. Hammons had something to do with this as well. Mr. Termohlen is the best in the business period. I am still pissed off by this and hope that he might come back and try again.

Here is an article about him....

to read more this go to....http://www.buildersshow.com/Speakers/Speak...x?SpeakerId=596

• 2 months later...

Thanks Pyaxi! That makes it very clear to me. Awesome.

I think that would be an excellent place for a highrise. That must be prime real estate. I also think a tower would go great with the Cox area buildings. It would add to our "Medical District" skyline (I don't know what to call it). Too bad it has been sitting vacant for so long. I doubt it will happen, but I would love it if this gets revived.

It is so wierd...the project was set to start, approved and everything, and then nothing. I still wonder why?

It really impresses me that you can find these articles pyaxi. Do you pay to get these old aticles?

Archived