Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swampfox43

Faces of our City sculpture - new courthouse

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this in motion yet? The surprise comes at the end of the video

I think this is absolutely amazing, and IMO, one of the best art sculptures anywhere!

Yes! I watched that earlier... I can't wait to go see it. Maybe when I go to court for that morals charge. That'd probably be a good time...

Yeah, I think this is astounding. One of the best public arts projects I've ever seen.

Too bad most people won't see it, and visitors will never know it's here....hopefully!

Yeah, I think this is astounding. One of the best public arts projects I've ever seen.

Too bad most people won't see it, and visitors will never know it's here....hopefully!

I kept thinking that sculpture reminded me of something I saw in a movie, and I just remembered it. It's like the all-knowing V.I.K.I. that ran Chicago in the movie 'I, Robot'.

it tis one of the nicest public pieces i've seen.... and while brilliant in it's presentation & meaning - it's also a little creepy.

Were the movement upward of the little heads just the installation, or do they move up and down slightly to make a different composite face? Either way, this is an incredibly interesting piece of public art. I also like the big hand across the street.

The little heads move up and down to make a different face each week. There are 14 different faces. I caught the tail end of the Dedication Ceremony today and was impressed with the inside of the courthouse (including the artwork). The inside is much much much better than the outside. If you are ever in the Courthouse...make sure to go up to the 9th floor. Great view of the city from up there.

I snapped these 2 pics while there. They are not very good, but give you a sense of how large and looming this piece of art is.

face.jpg

judges.jpg

I kept thinking that sculpture reminded me of something I saw in a movie, and I just remembered it. It's like the all-knowing V.I.K.I. that ran Chicago in the movie 'I, Robot'.

By Charlotte's public-art standards, this is a friggin' Picasso. By far the best public art in Charlotte, and one of the best concepts for a sculpture that I've seen anywhere.

Fantastic Post...This is a incredible. Worth a trip to courthouse :)