Anna Nicole Smith dead

MadVlad

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read this, I just thought "what a shame."

Many people would have defined Anna Nicole Smith as a gold digger, but I somehow just feel bad that her life ended up the way it did. She obviously came from very humble beginnings and she sought to be succesful in less than "kosher" ways...

But at the same time, her life was ridden with problems right to the bitter end and I basically saw a single mom looking to give her son a better life. The way she was portrayed by the media and the way she was accepted by American society put a lot of stress on her.

Hopefully she is finding peace now that she is gone.

I won't speak ill of the dead, but in life she wasn't the sharpest tool... nor was she the nicest person. She was taking advantage of an old man for his money while screwing her attorney and everyone else, being a drug addict and a sex symbol who became famous for taking off her clothes. After seeing her family on TV once, though, it didn't surprise me one bit. Her family is the epitome of hillbilly white trailer trash and if she hadn't had the body that she did, she'd probably have only been known for being on Jerry Springer.

Death isn't funny, so don't think I'm making fun of her or the situation. I'm merely stating the facts. The girl had major problems... she was screwed up in a bad kind of way. Her life was truly like Jerry Springer on crack, so all these strange events occurring over the past 5 years in her life REALLY aren't that surprising.

Yes her life does sound amazingly like a Jerry Springer Show story.

Anna Nichole reminds me of Zsa Zsa Gabor. They were both famous, but no one knows exactly why (??) Celebrity without the slightest bit of substance. It must be hard on the people that have fame in this way.

I do have extreme empathy for people battling drug addiction. May she rest in peace.

Zsa Zsa did make a few movies, but her marriage (albeit a short-lived one) to Conrad Hilton did much more to get her in the public eye than her talent. As for Anna Nicole Smith, she always seemed as though she had been plucked from the trailer park. That isn't to say that there is not something sad about the whole trashy episode. Let her rest in peace and let's move on to something better.

I don't understand why this is the leading news story on all of the national news oiutlets in this country. She is a playboy bimbo that managed to marry a old rich man and collected his money when he died. There is nothing new to this and I don't see why her death is more important than the hundreds dying everyday in Iraq, or than the host of many many other news worthy items in the world at this time. At best it should get a mention and that is it.

I don't understand why this is the leading news story on all of the national news oiutlets in this country. She is a playboy bimbo that managed to marry a old rich man and collected his money when he died. There is nothing new to this and I don't see why her death is more important than the hundreds dying everyday in Iraq, or than the host of many many other news worthy items in the world at this time. At best it should get a mention and that is it.

I'll just say this because I am always reading entertainment news, Howard K. Stern, her lawyer/alleged husband. He has a connection to both her death and her son's death. It is sad, but she was always a wealth of entertainment to me. R.I.P., Vicki Lynn aka Anna Nicole Smith.

Darn, I must be psychic! I mentioned Zsa Zsa in this thread yesterday, and today she is in the news regarding Anna Nichole!!!

metro, I agree with you 100%. It's beyond me how on earth the death of this "celebrity" (if you wanna call her that) is all over the headlines! We all are saddened by someone's death, but does her death warrant front page news??????

It reminds me of something I noticed a while back. It was a day in which the news from Iraq was particularly horrific, but all over the headlines was the news that Julia Roberts was pregnant! It hit me like a ton of bricks--just how warped and ridiculous our culture can be.:( Julia's pregancy was apparently more of an interest than a hideous war in which human beings are being killed like there's no tommorrow.

Our culture has some inexplicable priorities~~~

SBC, isn't that a trip? LOL .:)

I think it's kind of mean how the media keeps mentioning her "humble" beginings. Lots of people come from humble beginings, and they don't get called "white trash" etc.

Like John Edwards--he grew up in extremely meager circumstances, but overcame it. No one ever says he came from "white trash". It's not fair to say that about Anna Nichole either.:(

I continue to be amazed how our culture turns the most unlikely people into celebrities.......Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, Ivana and Ivanka Trump, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Marla Maples, Jackie Stallone, and of course Anna Nicole. I am about as interested in what Ivanka Trump is up to as I am what my neighbor's cat is up to~~heheee

Most read stories from Foxnews.com:

"Final footage of Anna Nicole Smith sells for $500,000, turns up on German TV, Web Site"

"Anna Nicole Smith Autopsy Inconclusive; No Evidence of Crime, No Illegal Drugs Found"

"Ice Skater's Face Slashed by Partner's Blade During Competition"

"Charges of Bigotry Fly in John Edwards Blogger Flap"

"Statement From PETA on Anna Nicole Smith's Death"

"Prison For Man Convicted of Tossing Kittens Into Fireplace"

"Gates: U.S Has Evidence That Iran's Helping Insurgents in Iraq"

"Did Motherhood Kill Anna Nicole Smith?"

"Police: Los Angeles Hospital Dumped Paraplegic Man on Skid Row"

"Lawyer Fires First Shot in Battle Over Anna Nicole's Baby"

"Anna Nicole Smith Dies After Collapsing At Hotel"

Top read stories at CNN.com

"Town mourns 10 killed in blaze"

"Teen surrenders on murder charge"

"3 U.S troops killed"

"Wiesel accosted at conference"

"Obama: I'm running for president"

"Libby trial provides a rare look inside the grand jury"

"Putin: U.S force fosters nuke use"

"Recruiters demoted in sex case"

"Smith autopsy: No foul play"

"Murder-suicide near day care"

You tell me which news site has the more sensationalist readers. I'm sorry, but Fox News is a sad excuse for a news outlet... "get your conservative, sensationalist, shallow celebrity news at FOX NEWS!"

Most read stories from Foxnews.com:

"Final footage of Anna Nicole Smith sells for $500,000, turns up on German TV, Web Site"

"Anna Nicole Smith Autopsy Inconclusive; No Evidence of Crime, No Illegal Drugs Found"

"Ice Skater's Face Slashed by Partner's Blade During Competition"

"Charges of Bigotry Fly in John Edwards Blogger Flap"

"Statement From PETA on Anna Nicole Smith's Death"

"Prison For Man Convicted of Tossing Kittens Into Fireplace"

"Gates: U.S Has Evidence That Iran's Helping Insurgents in Iraq"

"Did Motherhood Kill Anna Nicole Smith?"

"Police: Los Angeles Hospital Dumped Paraplegic Man on Skid Row"

"Lawyer Fires First Shot in Battle Over Anna Nicole's Baby"

"Anna Nicole Smith Dies After Collapsing At Hotel"

Top read stories at CNN.com

"Town mourns 10 killed in blaze"

"Teen surrenders on murder charge"

"3 U.S troops killed"

"Wiesel accosted at conference"

"Obama: I'm running for president"

"Libby trial provides a rare look inside the grand jury"

"Putin: U.S force fosters nuke use"

"Recruiters demoted in sex case"

"Smith autopsy: No foul play"

"Murder-suicide near day care"

You tell me which news site has the more sensationalist readers. I'm sorry, but Fox News is a sad excuse for a news outlet... "get your conservative, sensationalist, shallow celebrity news at FOX NEWS!"

Archived