The United States; A Good Nation or Bad Nation?

tamias6

Is the United States; A Good Nation or Bad Nation?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Under all that negative comments about this country as well as what our parents and teachers have told us, Is The United States a Good Nation or Bad Nation?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Unsure

I don't know about that, several interviews I've watched have said that the sentiment shared by most soldiers in Iraq is one of frustration because the citizens clearly do not want them there and there is not much for them to do except avoid death, which is a consistently occurring event there. This is why recruitment is at a trickle back here in the US and that stress levels among the troops is so high.

I am not a soldier or veteran so do not want to speak for them, but I find what I've seen to be clear evidence that supporting our troops means getting them out of Iraq. I imagine this whole talk of libs and dems and pubs to be quite irrelevant and annoying when the issue is really about your platoonmates dying on a daily basis and you are powerless to stop it because there is no conventional enemy to fight, and knowing that your own death will likely serve no purpose.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really think you can speak for the troops. I'd bet that a good many of them (but not all, of course) know exactly what they are fighting for and believe in the cause very much. Heck, I would even bet that some of them actually like being in the fight. I despise how both dems and republicans can't seem to accomplish anything other than trying to look like they care about "the troops" the most.

I chose good. I will say that have become very disappointed in my fellow citizens, though.

I think the comments I agree with most are Moonshield saying the fundamentals are good and Metro saying we have lost our way in the eyes of the world. I hope those fundamentals are strong enough to help us find our way once again.

Archived