Pla d

g-man430

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is really interesting is George Hincapie's association with the original Pla d'Adet. Here is an article from CyclingNews.com, posted in September 2005.

Here is an interesting quote from the article:

"My cycling has improved dramatically since I've lived in Greenville. I think it's the weather, plus I have a great network of friends and family and a cycling community that help me. My favourite climbs are Caesar's Head and Paris Mountain, and that's where I test my fitness," says the winner of the mountainous Tour de France Pla d'Adet stage. "People are always asking why I live in Greenville and I think it's my little hidden paradise," said Hincapie. "It's the best place to ride your bike in the country."
more:

He says his summer win on Pla d'Adet was definitely the high point of his career.

Is anyone else tired of having bicycling shoved down their throats?

I am surprised that Hincapie is partnering with PHC. That whole office condo/townhome mess that they made back off of Woodruff Road (name escapes me) makes me think that they wouldn't know good design, quality construction, or high-end if it hit them on the head.

I am surprised that Hincapie is partnering with PHC. That whole office condo/townhome mess that they made back off of Woodruff Road (name escapes me) makes me think that they wouldn't know good design, quality construction, or high-end if it hit them on the head.

It's not high end, but they did the Vinyards at North Main, which turned out pretty nice. Good infill.

Nope. Not a bit.

Looking forward to more cycling news in Greenville in the future. Cycling brings in an EXCELLENT demographic. :thumbsup:

Most cities would give anything to have a famous cyclist live in their city and be in love with their city the way George is with Greenville. The dollars he has brought here.....USPRO Championship, his clothing company, the other cyclist he gets to visit the area, the new Pla d'Adet development.........George is great for the Greenville economy!

It's not high end, but they did the Vinyards at North Main, which turned out pretty nice. Good infill.

They also did The Park on E. Park Ave. and are doing The Brick Street Lofts.

Is that that mess between Rotary Park and Townes St.?

No That is the Edge on N. Main and is being done by Hogan Properties

They also did The Park on E. Park Ave. and are doing The Brick Street Lofts.

The Park leaves something to be desired. Brick Street Lofts should be great when completed!

No That is the Edge on N. Main and is being done by Hogan Properties

This mess makes me want to vomit every time that I drive by. I live around the corner. They have had that mess down there for the last year and constantly leave construction equipment parked on the street (Croft). On Earle Street, where I live, the City and the Neighborhood Assn would be all over their butts... one block away, they can do whatever they want.

I don't want to say anything to get myself banned from Urban Planet but my name is Keary Warner and I'm an employee of PHC. I've been lurking on this board for quite a while now and what I've learned from having visited Urban Planet on and off for the past couple of years is that not only are the vast majority of the members of this board passionate about their interest in real estate development but they are also very thoughtful and insightful about about their ideas (for example, many of you were calling for the redevelopment of County Square well before it was ever announced in the local media). Having said that, unfortunately there appears to be least one of you that would rather resort to petty name calling than to debate the actual merits of a proposed development. Mr. Downtown, all I can say is you simply don't have a friggin' clue what you're talking about and that's the reason we're the developers and your just an amateur wannabe. We at PHC are very proud of our work and the opportunities that we give many first-time homeowners and small business owners to start building equity in themselves rather than writing rent checks to a landlord every month. By the way, if you can tell me the names of any projects you've done, I'll check them out and let you know my honest opinion of them. But don't worry, I won't be holding my breath to hear back from you on that.

I don't want to say anything to get myself banned from Urban Planet but my name is Keary Warner and I'm an employee of PHC. I've been lurking on this board for quite a while now and what I've learned from having visited Urban Planet on and off for the past couple of years is that not only are the vast majority of the members of this board passionate about their interest in real estate development but they are also very thoughtful and insightful about about their ideas (for example, many of you were calling for the redevelopment of County Square well before it was ever announced in the local media). Having said that, unfortunately there appears to be least one of you that would rather resort to petty name calling than to debate the actual merits of a proposed development. Mr. Downtown, all I can say is you simply don't have a friggin' clue what you're talking about and that's the reason we're the developers and your just an amateur wannabe. We at PHC are very proud of our work and the opportunities that we give many first-time homeowners and small business owners to start building equity in themselves rather than writing rent checks to a landlord every month. By the way, if you can tell me the names of any projects you've done, I'll check them out and let you know my honest opinion of them. But don't worry, I won't be holding my breath to hear back from you on that.

Welcome to the forum, Keary Warner! It's great to have you join in on the discussion. :thumbsup:

Since you work for PHC, perhaps you can shed some light on the Tower at Falls and Broad development. A couple of us have recently sent emails to PHC to ask about the project, but have not heard anything. If you have any info, it would be greatly appreciated!

Our discussion of the project can be found at http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25310

Archived