Pla d

g-man430

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone have any news on how this development is progressing?

The article below says that Hincapie will host a CEO Cycling Challenge event riding a route to Pla d'Adet. The event, which will be in November, is for CEO's from around the country who are interested in cycling. Sounds like a cool event, and more good exposure for the local scene.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2008/6/prweb1024054.htm

• 7 months later...

Glad to see this development is going well.

I tried to find the development one Saturday while in the mountains, but couldn't find it. Does anyone have detailed directions? The directions on the website are a bit vague.

Take Highway 25 north. After you go past highway 11, take Old Highway 25 eastbound. The exit will look like an off-ramp kind of and it will be on your right. If you come to the Cliffs Valley course on Highway 25 than you've gone too far and have missed the exit. Stay on Old Highway 25 eastbound for several miles until you come to Wood Hayes Road. When you get to Wood Hayes Road, take a right onto it and continue along that road until you come to the development.

If this is going so well, then why hasn't the final plat for phase 1 been recorded? The county still shows the property as a whole. I have not gotten the impression that this development was taking off like the developers had hoped. I would also venture to guess that in this economic climate that some of those "Sold"s are not really sold. They were most likely "Hold"s that will be closed, when and if the time comes.

Besides, it is 2+ years into the project, and only 24 of the lots out of 57 have been "Sold".

This is not your typical Ryan Homes style cheap carbon copy suburban neighborhood. Considering the quality of the development, the cost of the properties, and the current economic climate, I would say that having nearly half sold is not bad progress yet. As with nearly every large-scale development right now (except retail, which is doomed), allow a bit more time before condemning it as a failure. I guess the best thing to do would be to contact the developer and gather information about its status. Having not driven by the property recently, I have no real insight into the current status beyond what is shown on the website.

• 3 years later...

Good question. I imagine the extended economic recession (primarily the luxury real estate market collapse) played a significant role in the current status of this development. Hincapie Sportswear is expanding and plans for a "cycling center" on the company's property in downtown were unveiled more recently. Hincapie's retirement from competitive professional cycling was inevitable and should not adversly affect his business endeavors.

Archived