Pla d

g-man430

I don't want to say anything to get myself banned from Urban Planet but my name is Keary Warner and I'm an employee of PHC. I've been lurking on this board for quite a while now and what I've learned from having visited Urban Planet on and off for the past couple of years is that not only are the vast majority of the members of this board passionate about their interest in real estate development but they are also very thoughtful and insightful about about their ideas (for example, many of you were calling for the redevelopment of County Square well before it was ever announced in the local media). Having said that, unfortunately there appears to be least one of you that would rather resort to petty name calling than to debate the actual merits of a proposed development. Mr. Downtown, all I can say is you simply don't have a friggin' clue what you're talking about and that's the reason we're the developers and your just an amateur wannabe. We at PHC are very proud of our work and the opportunities that we give many first-time homeowners and small business owners to start building equity in themselves rather than writing rent checks to a landlord every month. By the way, if you can tell me the names of any projects you've done, I'll check them out and let you know my honest opinion of them. But don't worry, I won't be holding my breath to hear back from you on that.

So you guys decide to add more sprawl to Woodruff Road, no excuse me "the seventh circle of hell" instead of building a tower by the name of "The Tower at Falls and Broad" downtown instead? Hmm...that makes sense. NOT.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you guys decide to add more sprawl to Woodruff Road, no excuse me "the seventh circle of hell" instead of building a tower by the name of "The Tower at Falls and Broad" downtown instead? Hmm...that makes sense. NOT.

The MARKET determines what gets built. Developers respond to demand for the most part. I wish some of the folks that keep building onWoodruff would head intown as well, but it's their money and their decision. Making DT more desireable is the only option to turning the tide on that.

I think some of the apprehension about PHC doing a development like this, is that there is very little on their resume that we can see of this type of development. Most of what we can look to is high density infill, like the Park development, and affordable housing, like the Woodruff Rd development. Mr. Warner alludes to this fact with his statement that PHC is proud of their ability to provide opportunities for ownership to first-time homebuyers and small business owners.

The question is does this type of previous development experience translate to something more upscale like the development in question? I think it can. While we may or may not like what we have seen from them, they have taken some risks that happened to hit a market, like the Park. This was probably the first semi-upscale/mid-range townhome/condo development not in the CBD. Additionally, the Charleston style "duplexes" next the the Vineyards were also well received.

I personally think there is some risk associated with a biking community; however, Hincapie's name should take care of that, as well as the fact that there are only 85 lots.

^ Great points.

Ultimately I think his name will be the reason for success as this development is more than just 85 homes. It's also the training center, conference center and hotel that will house cyclist from all over the world. That portion alone, should be a definite success. :thumbsup:

^ Great points.

Ultimately I think his name will be the reason for success as this development is more than just 85 homes. It's also the training center, conference center and hotel that will house cyclist from all over the world. That portion alone, should be a definite success. :thumbsup:

Well said. And I also think it will serve as the unofficial "headquarters" for the US Pro Cycling Championships each year. If nothing else, its presence should help keep the race in Greenville. :)

G-man, that reply just wasn't necessary. The fact is, if you don't like Woodruff Road, you don't have to go there. But while you're at it, you might want to stay away from the suburbs of nearly every big city around the nation, since Woodruff Road is built up in a similar manner. Ever been down U.S. 123 in Easley around rush hour? White Horse Road? Pelham Road?, Fairview Road in Simpsonville? They experience their fair share of gridlock throughout each day. In case you didn't notice, this particular development on Woodruff Road was infill, not sprawl. Why did they decide to back out of The Tower at Falls and Broad? It was their decision, but it was related to many elements out of their control. In case you haven't noticed, this is not the first developer to suffer the same setbacks.

Pla d'Adet is PHC's version of The Cliffs Communities, which are clearly world-class in every sense. I think it will prove to be most successful in the long-term. These types of residential developments are very popular in our community, and provide exposure beyond the initial investment.

^^^I go down highway 123 every day Monday-Friday on the way to and from Tri-County Tech. Woodruff Rd. is the ONLY place with a Best Buy except for Anderson and I sure as hell am not driving all the way down there. Who does like Woodruff Road? Nobody does. This is off topic, but why is there only one Best Buy in Greenville if there are two Circuit City's? The developers of TAFAB never even tried to get this off the ground. They gave up immediately after construction prices went up. Why can they build the Peacock Hotel and Spa, Terrace at Riverplace, and the Pinnacle on Main but not this? I thought the Greenville metro area was in a shortage of Class A office space. Was it not?

^^^I go down highway 123 every day Monday-Friday on the way to and from Tri-County Tech. Woodruff Rd. is the ONLY place with a Best Buy except for Anderson and I sure as hell am not driving all the way down there. This is off topic, but why is there only one Best Buy in Greenville if there are two Circuit City's? The developers of TAFAB never even tried to get this off the ground. They gave up immediately after construction prices went up. Why can they build the Peacock Hotel and Spa, Terrace at Riverplace, and the Pinnacle on Main but not this? I thought the Greenville metro area was in a shortage of Class A office space. Was it not?

You are correct, it is quite off topic.

^^^Thanks, I think. :unsure: Thank god the county blocked that development at the intersection of Highway 14 and Woodruff Rd. At least they did something the residents wanted for once. Now people are going to start arguing with me over saying that, but I don't care. It's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

:offtopic: Also, the reason not many people like me on this forum is not only because I break the rules, but it's also because I disagree with everybody on things. Everybody thinks it was stupid the county stopped the plan for development at Highway 14 and Woodruff Rd. Well, I think different. I'm personally glad the county stopped this plan like the area residents wanted. I think Woodruff Crossing is sprawl even though nobody else does. It's my opinion guys, so stop hating me for having my own opinions about things.

...but that's just my opinion and everybody has theirs.

And that's exactly what this forum is supposed to be about... opinions. Just because I like or dislike a development or a certain type of development doesn't make me an idiot. That is my opinion.

I'm glad that people on here have opinions, better yet, different opinions.

That's what makes great ideas.

P.S. g-man, just a general statement on this thread - not on your comment. I agree with your comment.

It would be cool, indeed. Then you could tell him yourself that you think he's an idiot for partnering with PHC Communities for Pla d'Adet. :)

You've got it all wrong Greenville. I'm glad George Hincapie is building this community and is using PHC Communities. Just look at who started the thread for proof. PHC Communities is a good developer. I'm just saying I wish they would of focused getting the TAFAB built, instead of Woodruff Crossing. :)

You've got it all wrong Greenville. I'm glad George Hincapie is building this community and is using PHC Communities. Just look at who started the thread for proof. PHC Communities is a good developer. I'm just saying I wish they would of focused getting the TAFAB built, instead of Woodruff Crossing. :)

So you wouldn't lump George Hincapie in together with Jim Anthony then? You are so inconsistent. :wacko:

^^^This is NOT excellent news, it is terrible news. Jim Anthony is an idiot. All he does is go up to our mountains that used to be full of lush forest and just cuts down all the trees for the few wealthy to enjoy, so the general public can't. It is :sick: that Greenville County still allows this to continue up in the northern part of the county. Why can't Jim take his stupid developments and build them somewhere else like the desert. If you go up to the Cliffs Valley, there are some places where mountains used to be with only forests, but now the sides are half-way stripped of trees and there are houses built left and right. :angry:

Archived