The Promenade At Chenal

7 hours ago, adman0468 said:

That is property that is for sale. The original intent was for it to be the Dillard's location. When that died, I guess they held out hope that another department store would take it. If that were to happen, I could see a row of stores being built from J Crew/Lululemon back toward that lot. 

Macy's seems most likely and even that really doesn't seem very likely.

Agreed.  This center is missing two major things: direct access to major arterial/interstate and a department store.  I can't imagine they'd bail on that...Macy's does seem to be the best fit BUT they're not going to do just one store in this market.  I could (maybe) see a McCain site in addition if they were to enter the market.

I though I read something about Macy's going through a restructure and closing locations, if that is indeed the case I really do not see them opening a location in this area and even if they did I would think it would do better somewhere with more access like even out at Gateway Town Center. The should just build more restaurants and stores on the back side, the at the very least the space is being used and it just flows better. 

-R

On February 11, 2016 at 8:25 AM, SangreRaVen said:

I though I read something about Macy's going through a restructure and closing locations, if that is indeed the case I really do not see them opening a location in this area and even if they did I would think it would do better somewhere with more access like even out at Gateway Town Center. The should just build more restaurants and stores on the back side, the at the very least the space is being used and it just flows better. 

-R

I agree that Macy's will do better in a heavy traffic location like Gateway Town Center or MCCain Mall. Maybe Macy's will take Sears building in MCCain Mall if Sears close.

I would see Gateway Town Center over McCain mall for sure, they are going to look at space for one, McCain mall has some growth issues, even after the remodel it still has several issues. Park Plaza has it beat by a mile though even it has some issues here and there. I confirmed back in Dec/Jan is when Macy's reported of store closings and even letting ppl go... so not a very good time for them to be opening new locations unless they are for sure it would be one that would do well... and it would need to make use of a new hot location so that pretty much rules out McCain Mall granted it sits off 67 but and that is assuming that Sears goes out. Gateway Town Center is new and up and coming, they would be able to build a new structure to meet their needs size wise to a point. It also sits off 30/430 in a major area. Now the other slightly more out there possibility would be Shackledford Crossings which honestly has done rather poorly.. besides Wal Mart and some restaurants and being surrounded by several hotels, that shopping center sits mostly empty.. JC Penny has been on its way out for a while, as a company it has struggled with trying to redo its brand and recover from losses. If JC Penny were to go out that would leave a major hole and remove 1 of 2 main anchors. The building itself is of good enough size that something like a Macy's would easily fit.. add it that it does sit right off 430 and is right near the heavy traffic WLR 430/630 area and you would have a good boost.. not to mention that it would be a welcome development for that shopping center and might even kick off a few more stores opening... the safer bet would be Gateway though just in my opinion. 

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen

The Outlets at Little Rock is the outlet part of the center, Gateway Town Center is made up of several different sub projects including The Grove and whatever else they can throw in behind it. I don't see a Macy's coming in period to AR due to issues with that company. It would be a clear logical choice for something to go in at though, as again the Outlets part is only part of the overall idea that the developer had in mind when he first pushed to get Bass Pro out there. 

-R

On February 12, 2016 at 11:44 AM, SangreRaVen said:

The Outlets at Little Rock is the outlet part of the center, Gateway Town Center is made up of several different sub projects including The Grove and whatever else they can throw in behind it. I don't see a Macy's coming in period to AR due to issues with that company. It would be a clear logical choice for something to go in at though, as again the Outlets part is only part of the overall idea that the developer had in mind when he first pushed to get Bass Pro out there. 

-R

I could see a Backstage by Macy's outlet located in the Outlets of Little Rock but not a full service department store. The Promenade at Chenal does have enough traffic to generate profit for Macy's department store. This could also be the reason for Dillard's to cancelled plans for a Promenade location.

9 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

I could see a Backstage by Macy's outlet located in the Outlets of Little Rock but not a full service department store. The Promenade at Chenal does have enough traffic to generate profit for Macy's department store. This could also be the reason for Dillard's to cancelled plans for a Promenade location.

Isn't that sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy?  The center doesn't generate as much traffic largely due to the fact that it does NOT have a department store (that, and its remote location).

On February 19, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Architect said:

Isn't that sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy?  The center doesn't generate as much traffic largely due to the fact that it does NOT have a department store (that, and its remote location).

If Red Development  would develop the Promenade where Shackleford Crossing ( which is pitiful by the way) currently stands and market it as an upscale shopping center, then we will have all sorts of new to the market stores and restaurants that are still not present in the state.

Edited by ecity3138

2 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

If Red Development  would develop the Promenade where Shackleford Crossing ( which is pitiful by the way) currently stands and market it as an upscale shopping center, then we will have all sorts of new to the market stores and restaurants that are still not present in the state.

Agreed!  This was discussed extensively years ago when all of these competing, mid-sized developments were happening in parallel.  I don't know why a few didn't pool their resources.  Central Arkansas would have been MUCH better off had that happened...

Who is the developer/property management company for Shackleford Crossings?  For all the comments that "Promenade is too far away from a major thoroughfare", Shackleford Crossings is sitting there, ready and available.  I'd be pissed if I owned that center and that's all the stores the property manager could fill.  

4 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

Who is the developer/property management company for Shackleford Crossings?  For all the comments that "Promenade is too far away from a major thoroughfare", Shackleford Crossings is sitting there, ready and available.  I'd be pissed if I owned that center and that's all the stores the property manager could fill.  

That answer to your question is long and complicated...you might be best served to go back and review earlier postings about the development in the Shackleford Crossings thread.

45 minutes ago, SangreRaVen said:

Shackleford Crossing sadly always has been a long drawn out complicated mess up full of missed opportunities.

-R

I wish the city would let Simon build Summit Mall on that land rather than Shackleford Crossing. I remember the city made a big deal about the traffic issues surrounding the land and the affect of business at the now defunct University Mall and Park Plaza.

the only true way to save SC would be to draw in a large brand anchor that could attract, sadly there is not much room for anything else because everything is almost totally built out even if it is very empty. Another option would be to try to draw some pubs and music venues over in those areas, could help ramp up the crowd and draw traffic for the other stores and restaurants. 

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen

23 hours ago, Architect said:

That answer to your question is long and complicated...you might be best served to go back and review earlier postings about the development in the Shackleford Crossings thread.

I know the history behind it, but my question was "Who is the developer/property management company for Shackleford Crossings?"

3 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

I know the history behind it, but my question was "Who is the developer/property management company for Shackleford Crossings?"

That, I do not know.

But honestly guys, the only thing that is "empty" is the smaller, core retail center...by SF, the center is about 90% leased.

That being said, the "perception" of the empty (and non significant tenantized) storefronts is off-putting.

On February 22, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Arkanzin said:

Clary Development was the original developer of Shackleford Crossing. I believe it is now own by Retail Connection. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On August 7, 2016 at 8:59 PM, adman0468 said:

A building permit in the paper appears to be for the Loft space. Doesn't say who the incoming tenant is and I didn't know Loft had closed. In fact, the store is still listed on the Promenade's website and on Loft's.

I'm guessing that may be a mistake?  I didn't notice Loft being closed, and that would be surprising at best in a center as trafficked as this...