The Promenade At Chenal

In the 8/06 plan, the last one published it was not. However, since then the plan has been modified so the "street" providing main access from Chenal Pkwy extends through the development, that is the original plan has a building behind the fountain in the development's center and now this is divided in half allowing traffic to flow behind it as well.

That said, the land is still listed for sale with Chenal Properties.

Interesting. If they truly are 100% leased, I can't imagine that they wouldn't jump on the opportunity to develop the adjacent property. The size (and location on axis) see perfect for a major tenant/dept. store!

I thought it was something different based on what I've heard but I and/or the person I talked to could've misunderstood.

Also, I think there is quite a bit of development being planned a little bit East of there, near the Kroger.

The development near the Kroger....is the NEW Kroger isn't it? I had the impression that Kroger owned the land adjacent to the current store and that they were building a bigger store next to it. Wasn't that reported on here?

The development near the Kroger....is the NEW Kroger isn't it? I had the impression that Kroger owned the land adjacent to the current store and that they were building a bigger store next to it. Wasn't that reported on here?

It was but there's more than just that. That whole area is about to be developed, which is why the city is getting that portion widened to 6 lanes.

I posted several weeks ago that I spoke with someone at Arvest about the large piece of cleared land next to the Kroger on Chenal. She told me that Kroger owned the land and was planning on building a bigger store than the current one and even bigger than the one being built in Maumelle. She said that Kroger actually owns the open piece of land but they do not own the land where the current store is located. She said she had no idea what would happen to the current store when the new Kroger is built.

talk about a waste! Its to bad that no restaraunts have gone up by the current kroger. But thats going to be a large piece of land with nothing on it. But it shouldnt stay that way for long.

But back to topic. Is there more land behind the new shopping center that could be developed?

While I do want some restaurants, I kind of like the lack of fast food joints on Chenal. I think it does class up the area.

Also, I guess most of you already know Acxiom will be moving out of the Chenal office building (as well as the corporate HQs in Riverdale) and those employees will go to Conway and River Market. I heard rumors about a large consulting firm that services national retailers like Dillard's and Wal-Mart moving in. No idea about that.

The last thing i want is fast food on Chenal! They need to block all that with everything they can. I want sit down restaurants. They dont have to be fancy, but sit down is alot better than fast food. If anything fastfood like, i would want something like a fazolis but thats gone. I dont want to see a golden arch. its like billboards.

Speaking of junk along Chenal "Boulevard" (as if - this city hasn't even had the decency to plant trees in what's left of the median), what's up with that tacky sign up at the center with Purple Cow? It looks like a Kindergartener went bananas in a lettering bin and picked out random fonts and colors. That !@#&! center has been an eyesore from day one, and this only adds to its poor aesthetics.

It does look nice.

Here's a link to something else I ran across today. If this has already been posted I apologize. It's the "Coming Soon" link from the theater...nothing new I suppose.

http://www.dtmovies.com/IMAX/Little_Rock/L...coming_soon.htm

I hadn't seen that, thanks. It looks essentially the same as the visible exterior so far, so I bet it's an accurate rendering.

You can add Aeropostale to the list now. They have confirmed.

So the complete list of tenants so far reads..

Dick's Sporting Goods

JCrew

Apple

Bebe

Victoria's Secret

Coldwater Creek

Dickinson Theater/IMAX

Ethan Allen

Chili's

Bravo

Portrait Innovations

Ann Taylor Loft

Journeys shoes

Finish Line

American Eagle

Lids

Select Comfort mattresses

Kay Jewlers

Bath and Body Works

Limited Too

Talbots

White House {sodEmoji.|} Black Market

J Jill

DSW

I imagine there will be a few cell phone shops thrown in the mix. Some good restaurants will be necissary because if nothing else it will assure foot traffic.

We have seen a lot of retail confirmations, but I wonder when we will start to see some confirmed restaurants. I know Chili's and Bravo have been talked about, but I have not seen anything official. I know Panera wants to open four stores in LR over the next few years. Could the Promenade be one of those locations? I think it would fit very well. I hope we hear more regarding restaurant options very soon...

We have seen a lot of retail confirmations, but I wonder when we will start to see some confirmed restaurants. I know Chili's and Bravo have been talked about, but I have not seen anything official. I know Panera wants to open four stores in LR over the next few years. Could the Promenade be one of those locations? I think it would fit very well. I hope we hear more regarding restaurant options very soon...

I wonder when the official tenant listing will be released. We are almost 2 months away from the grand opening.

I was recently told by a major central Arkansas contractor that the Promenade at Chenal has gone up faster than about anything they've witnessed - noting that they must have 1,000 workers on site. Vratsinas, of Little Rock, is constructing the center, and they're a nationwide juggernaut in constructing large scale retail Lifestyle centers and malls (for example, Vratsinas built much of Atlantic Station in Atlanta, a billion dollar project as I understand it...).

I was recently told by a major central Arkansas contractor that the Promenade at Chenal has gone up faster than about anything they've witnessed - noting that they must have 1,000 workers on site. Vratsinas, of Little Rock, is constructing the center, and they're a nationwide juggernaut in constructing large scale retail Lifestyle centers and malls (for example, Vratsinas built much of Atlantic Station in Atlanta, a billion dollar project as I understand it...).

...gone up faster.... let's hope that's not a bad sign in regards to quality.

Atlantic Station is a nifty place, I didn't know they were involved in that.

...gone up faster.... let's hope that's not a bad sign in regards to quality.

Atlantic Station is a nifty place, I didn't know they were involved in that.

Vratsinas must've built half of the major shopping centers in DFW and Atlanta. DFW is their largest market, I know that.

They were very organized at Promenade at Chenal. The crews for each task (concrete foundation, steel beams, roofers, masonry, etc) would start at one building, then go to the next, etc in such a way that each crew was continuously working the whole time and at any given time something was being done on each building. Watching them build it was a hallmark of efficiency. The other thing is that site prep was remarkably quick. Clearing the land and leveling it took a fraction of the time it does on similar projects, they brought in enough equipment to get the job done much more quickly.

Note construction on the outbuildings doesn't seem to have started. I wonder why.

From the Arkansas Times blog:

Tenants for Promenade at Chenal...

DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse), J. Crew, bebe, J. Jill, Talbots, Coldwater Creek, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Select Comfort, American Eagle Outfitters, Kay Jewelers, Aeropostale and the Imax movie theater.

Apple was missing from the list and Ark Times said they pulled their plumbing permit.

Could they jump to Midtown or Park Ave?

From the Arkansas Times blog:

Tenants for Promenade at Chenal...

DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse), J. Crew, bebe, J. Jill, Talbots, Coldwater Creek, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Select Comfort, American Eagle Outfitters, Kay Jewelers, Aeropostale and the Imax movie theater.

Apple was missing from the list and Ark Times said they pulled their plumbing permit.

Could they jump to Midtown or Park Ave?

I think the pulled plumbing permit is a first on this board. That is interesting because they were hiring...

The only other reason I have to go there now is the IMAX movie theater.

They might jump, but they also may be reacting to the economy. Most folks I talk to say that the current administration is just trying to hold it together until after the elections. No one is sure they can even do that.

Doesn't pulling a permit generally mean you've obtained the permit? As in, "We pulled our permit for grading today, we can start right away."

The verbage on the Arkansas Times blog is somewhat confusing as well. Generally, in most places you get a permit and it expires within a few months. I would think it would be uncommon for someone to surrender a permit. You usually get one and if you use it fine, if you don't you aren't getting a refund. The charge is generally for the administrative review of plans pertaining to the permit. I don't know... Regardless, it appears from the inference, as you say, Apple is trying to pull out.