The Promenade At Chenal

I have very high hopes for this shopping center. I do hope it does well, but does anyone else worry that being so far from the interstate will make it difficult to ever be a citywide draw? If the Apple store happens, that will certainly attract people, but for many people, it will be quicker to go to, say, Coldwater Creek at Park Plaza than one out there. While it's good news for Park Plaza, I just think getting there may be an issue for some. Especially since some don't notice Pleasant Ridge and its just a half-mile off the interstate.

Good point on the dining. At least one inclusion, one would figure, should be firmly in the fine dining category. Question is, what form would that possibly take? Steaks and seafood are the centerpieces of such establishments, and with Bonefish Grill already at Pleasant Ridge, a chain steakhouse such as Ruth's Chris seems a potentially good counterweight to put at the Promenade. (Even if my gut tells me it still would be a good fit at Park Avenue over in midtown.) Maybe it might even wind up being something heretofore not in the rumor mill, like Texas de Brazil.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

Abuelos Mexican Embassy and Carrabbas are other possibilities. Both of them are in NWA and had planned to locate at Shackleford Crossing but pulled out when Wal-Mart was announced.

Unfortunately Ruth's Chris is at least 2 years out. I would expect to see it at Park Ave. if we see it in Little Rock at all. Ideally, I would like to see it grab the Crew spot at Pleasant Ridge, but thats not likely to happen.

Edited by bchris02

Good point on the dining. At least one inclusion, one would figure, should be firmly in the fine dining category. Question is, what form would that possibly take? Steaks and seafood are the centerpieces of such establishments, and with Bonefish Grill already at Pleasant Ridge, a chain steakhouse such as Ruth's Chris seems a potentially good counterweight to put at the Promenade. (Even if my gut tells me it still would be a good fit at Park Avenue over in midtown.) Maybe it might even wind up being something heretofore not in the rumor mill, like Texas de Brazil.

I think a place like Texas de Brazil would work better downtown to accomadate large groups/conventions staying in hotels downtown. Its more of a touristy destination. It is a nicer chain and would fit in well in the River Market.

I think a place like Texas de Brazil would work better downtown to accomadate large groups/conventions staying in hotels downtown. Its more of a touristy destination. It is a nicer chain and would fit in well in the River Market.

I agree. The one I remember seeing specifically is in downtown Memphis - part of the Peabody Place development as I recall.

Abuelos Mexican Embassy and Carrabbas are other possibilities. Both of them are in NWA and had planned to locate at Shackleford Crossing but pulled out when Wal-Mart was announced.

Unfortunately Ruth's Chris is at least 2 years out. I would expect to see it at Park Ave. if we see it in Little Rock at all. Ideally, I would like to see it grab the Crew spot at Pleasant Ridge, but thats not likely to happen.

Ruth's Chris will be in LR eventually, it's in several smaller markets already. It wouldn't make any sense to put it right across the street from Arthur's, which has a packed house most nights and is equivalent or superior to RC in quality.

Ruth's Chris will be in LR eventually, it's in several smaller markets already. It wouldn't make any sense to put it right across the street from Arthur's, which has a packed house most nights and is equivalent or superior to RC in quality.

I agree, the Promenade is not right for Ruth's Chris. Pleasant Ridge or Park Ave. would be perfect.

A person I work with has a sister who works at Banana Republic Park Plaza. They were sharing with me that to their knowledge, BR had decided not to locate a store at Promenade primarily b/c there was no anchor tenant (supposedly, they were originally planning a location when Parisian was linked to this development at the very beginning). Also, this person's sibling interviewed with Apple and as I understand it, BCBG, but BCBG supposedly decided not to put in a store there for the same reason (no anchor tenant - worried about traffic). This person assumed Apple was still on go.

Admittedly, this is second hand, but it was coming from someone who has a connection to the actual retailers. Anyway, for what its worth.

p.s. I hope Promenade secures some high-end stores, but the more I think about it, I'll actually be glad if BR doesn't put in a second location there b/c I think it will only hurt the Park Plaza store. Hopefully Promenade can mainly pull in tenants that AREN'T currently at Park Plaza so that a) we have more/new options and b) it won't undermine current stores.

A person I work with has a sister who works at Banana Republic Park Plaza. They were sharing with me that to their knowledge, BR had decided not to locate a store at Promenade primarily b/c there was no anchor tenant (supposedly, they were originally planning a location when Parisian was linked to this development at the very beginning). Also, this person's sibling interviewed with Apple and as I understand it, BCBG, but BCBG supposedly decided not to put in a store there for the same reason (no anchor tenant - worried about traffic). This person assumed Apple was still on go.

Admittedly, this is second hand, but it was coming from someone who has a connection to the actual retailers. Anyway, for what its worth.

p.s. I hope Promenade secures some high-end stores, but the more I think about it, I'll actually be glad if BR doesn't put in a second location there b/c I think it will only hurt the Park Plaza store. Hopefully Promenade can mainly pull in tenants that AREN'T currently at Park Plaza so that a) we have more/new options and b) it won't undermine current stores.

That is a shame. Although I don't personally care about BCBG, its a new store that would be a good fit. There are probably a lot of other stores that have been turned off for the same reason. I agree about Banana Republic. I don't want this to end up being an exact replica of Park Plaza. I think Apple is one of the more important tenants and I will be tremendously disappointed if it doesn't end up being in the final tenant mix. I think if the Sephora and Anthropologie rumor is true, it will really help this center. Remember more than half of the tenants have not been announced yet, either officially or through plumbing permits, so I hope we get some pleasant surprises and not more of the same stuff thats in Park Plaza and more cell phone and nail shops. I would like to see an anchor in this center eventually...but not Dillard's. Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks, etc would be a good fit. Unfortunately with the economy the way it is right now I don't see this likely in the near future.

I drove out to the development the other day. Its coming along real nicely and looks very nice, totally opposite of Shackleford Crossings.

Edited by bchris02

That is a shame. Although I don't personally care about BCBG, its a new store that would be a good fit. There are probably a lot of other stores that have been turned off for the same reason. I agree about Banana Republic. I don't want this to end up being an exact replica of Park Plaza. I think Apple is one of the more important tenants and I will be tremendously disappointed if it doesn't end up being in the final tenant mix. I think if the Sephora and Anthropologie rumor is true, it will really help this center. Remember more than half of the tenants have not been announced yet, either officially or through plumbing permits, so I hope we get some pleasant surprises and not more of the same stuff thats in Park Plaza and more cell phone and nail shops. I would like to see an anchor in this center eventually...but not Dillard's. Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks, etc would be a good fit. Unfortunately with the economy the way it is right now I don't see this likely in the near future.

I drove out to the development the other day. Its coming along real nicely and looks very nice, totally opposite of Shackleford Crossings.

If it really is 100% leased, there should be no worries about having quality tenants, the nail salons don't sign up preconstruction. I have no idea if it's true but there have been a couple of announcements stating that as fact.

I would presume that the project is 100% leased already. That was my interpretation of the post at least.

Why has there not been more action on the www.healthyarkansas.com/eng/planreview/PLUMB/Pulaski.htm and www.healthyarkansas.com/eng/planreview/ENG/Pulaski.htm sites related to Promenade? The activity for the line-up we're all aware of occurred mostly in November and December. There is only one "white box" plan. I'd guess that would be the IMAX.

According to the plumbing permit site we can add Maggie Moo's Ice Cream and Treats. There is a location in NWA but it will be new to LR. Does anybody know if this is any good? I was hoping for a Ben and Jerry's.

Memphis has one in the Peabody Place. I like Marble Slab (flavor choices) better, was hoping to get one. I'm happy we are getting another ice cream shop, I love ice cream...we are working on a baby...I'm sure I'll be there.

Ben & Jerry's would have been nice. This sounds like just another Cold Stone, but considering their lines, there's definitely a demand for the place.

I kind of like Marble Slab, even though I guess it's also "just another Coldstone". They have a pina colada ice cream that's just awesome in the summertime.

Is this a big catch so to speak?

It's something that is appropriate for the market size of LR. Shreveport and Tulsa have them and they usually are large enough they aren't traditional mall tenants, they go in nearby in nice shopping centers but they are showing up a lot in freestanding lifestyle centers. They have a nice selection and probably are equal in prestige to say a Nine West. It beats Payless, that's for sure.