The Promenade At Chenal

I confirmed yesterday that Apple HAS NOT SIGNED THEIR CONTRACT for the Promenade at Chenal and is looking around.... although the Pleasant Ridge feels they'd be a long shot for a move there..

Then why is it still listed under jobs? <_< How exactly did you confirm this and through who?

Edited by citylife

I'll be in Memphis attending a wedding this weekend. The church is only a half mile or so from Saddle Creek so I'll try to get by the Apple Store and see what I can find out about the LR store.

Just had to put in a plug for one of my favorite nearby restaurants, should the opportunity to visit present itself. Germantown Commissary, which has excellent barbecue, is very close as well

Some additional musings about Apple:

First, I REALLY hope it lands somewhere. It would be a big blow for it to not materialize.

Second, while I posted earlier that Midtowne seemed like a better fit, I'm rethinking this. While the high-end Midtowne tenants are more typical of Apple store locations, Midtowne admittedly is not a hotbed of youth and/or pedestrian activity. I drove by Promenade this evening, and let's be truthful: that place will be TEEMING all hours of the day and evening, with activity around the movie theater, youth-oriented retail outlets, the larger number of stores. What is Apple thinking? Ugh....

I just don't know what to think at this point. Apple is a destination unto itself, so perhaps my concerns are overly heightened.

First, I REALLY hope it lands somewhere. It would be a big blow for it to not materialize.

Second, while I posted earlier that Midtowne seemed like a better fit, I'm rethinking this. While the high-end Midtowne tenants are more typical of Apple store locations, Midtowne admittedly is not a hotbed of youth and/or pedestrian activity. I drove by Promenade this evening, and let's be truthful: that place will be TEEMING all hours of the day and evening, with activity around the movie theater, youth-oriented retail outlets, the larger number of stores. What is Apple thinking? Ugh....

I just don't know what to think at this point. Apple is a destination unto itself, so perhaps my concerns are overly heightened.

I hope this isn't the case, but I have a feeling Apple is rethinking this market (or at least putting it on hold) due to the economic uncertainty and the possible loss of one or more of our major white-collar employers.

I hope this isn't the case, but I have a feeling Apple is rethinking this market (or at least putting it on hold) due to the economic uncertainty and the possible loss of one or more of our major white-collar employers.

They wouldn't have had any idea about Alltel's news, and while the economy COULD be affecting their decision, I doubt it. Their numbers are proving to be pretty resilient despite the general economic malaise. Their stores absolutely rake in the cash to boot.

I dont see apple in Park Ave. unless the design/layout is changed. This or Midtown would be great for it.

As for Alltel, This could be a major blow. But i dont see that as a major reasoning. LR retail may have to wait a couple of years for what we want or at least though we would get this year. If all this was happening a year or 2 ago, it would be great. Im sad to see this comming. Its does not look good. I hate to be a doom and gloom, but its like WOW. talk about hitting a brick wall!

looks like the new stop lights they added are blinking - but not working yet. these are the stop lights that allow you to turn in and out of the center on chenal parkway...just down the way a bit from rahling road. i can't wait to see how the place looks by friday, when the theater is opening.

speaking of the theater, anyone else hearing the radio spots about the grand opening? they are saying this weekend all popcorn and drinks will be $.50...all proceeds going to charity. how great! we are desperately trying to find a sitter so we can see sex and the city at the new theater.

saw the aeropostle sign, too.

like architect said, i think it would be a great location for apple b/c you KNOW the kids and teens will be hanging out at this mall. with the theater and shops and restaurants and ice cream shop...apple would have great business from that demographic. i am still holding out hope apple with come to the promenade. maybe we should all start calling steve jobs and demand the store go in at the promenade. if he hears some of our voices, maybe he'll move it forward. of course, i'm kidding...but it wouldn't hurt to call and try. :)

The site is live. Not a whole lot of info on there. Basically it just mentions the theater, Portrait Innovations and Maggie Moos (which opens June 26). The directory just mentions Claire's Boutique, DSW Shoes (Aug. 28), Just for Dogs, Fitness Together (Aug. 28) and James Eyecare, . It didn't mention that customer service is under a green awning off LaGrande, but it's not open yet.

No mention of Apple, but there's also not a mention of Coldwater Creek or Aeropostale, or the maternity store, all of which have signs up already.

www.chenalshopping.com

Edited by adman0468

Was able to drive around the shopping center last night! it looks really nice with the lights and some of the signs up. Plus the new imax theater will just bost the area. Im hoping that Apple does pop up there. It would be a perfect Fit. I just wish RED would come out with a full list now!

What are the demographics of Apple customers? I think without a doubt that Apple is a destination store. A LR store will succeed regardless of location.

What are the demographics of Apple customers? I think without a doubt that Apple is a destination store. A LR store will succeed regardless of location.

I think their demographics are generally young, but they pull from every age group.

And I agree, its a destination retailer, so they will succeed anywhere...I guess there are pros and cons to either location (Midtowne or Promenade).

I think their demographics are generally young, but they pull from every age group.

And I agree, its a destination retailer, so they will succeed anywhere...I guess there are pros and cons to either location (Midtowne or Promenade).

Living in Hillcrest I'm a bit prejudiced in favor of Midtowne.

Living in Hillcrest I'm a bit prejudiced in favor of Midtowne.

I also live in Hillcrest and I'm partial to Midtowne. However...again, I can't help but think there will be more pedestrian activity and a measurable "youth" orientation to the demographic that would tend to favor Apple's retail outlet with a Promenade location.

I also live in Hillcrest and I'm partial to Midtowne. However...again, I can't help but think there will be more pedestrian activity and a measurable "youth" orientation to the demographic that would tend to favor Apple's retail outlet with a Promenade location.

It would be interesting to see a demographic breakdown by product line of Apple's products. I wonder if sales by units ( iPods etc.) would be to young customers but sales by dollars to a somewhat older group.

Went to the Chenal 9 yesterday. I didn't see the IMAX film, but the theater is very nice. It reminds me a lot of the Rave, but quite a bit smaller. The auditorium I was in seemed a bit shallower than the Rave's, but the screen was just as big and the chairs were more comfortable (they even recline). And they're a vinyl/leatherette instead of fabric, which should stay cleaner.

The shopping center is blocked off, but you can see progress being made. There's a water feature in front of the theater and an outdoor fireplace not too far down the main street. It'll be good when the rest of the parking lot is done. Traffic is a bit congested around the theater right now. I could picture a very bustling center with lots of restaurants and shoppers. It will probably be fall before that is fully realized, but the start is good.

According to the plumbing review site, you can add Lucky Brand Jeans to the Promenade list. This is a surprise and definately a welcome tenant into our market.

That is a surprise. It's the perfect shopping center for them. I hope they do well, but I'll never pay $100+ for jeans. But when they have a sale...

Cool! thats new to the market. Even though they carry that brand in Dillards, A brand store is still nice. Bring a Fossil now!

New to the market and first in the state. With this, J Crew and bebe the Promenade is going to have a hip edge to it, especially if Apple decides to stay there.

Where can you look at the Plumbing Permits? Whats the Site called? Plus what about an updated site map of the property. all i can find is one from 06, which is way off.

Their new website has a basic map that isn't thorough, but helps with the outparcels a lot. It would have Chenal Parkway across the bottom and Rahling along the right side.

http://chenalshopping.com/stores.asp