The Promenade At Chenal

That is a surprise. It's the perfect shopping center for them. I hope they do well, but I'll never pay $100+ for jeans. But when they have a sale...

They have an outlet in Allen, outside of Dallas, where I buy a lot of my jeans. They're dirt cheap there and you can get any size and style. My wife will be glad, they have cool accessories.

Went to the Chenal 9 yesterday. I didn't see the IMAX film, but the theater is very nice. It reminds me a lot of the Rave, but quite a bit smaller. The auditorium I was in seemed a bit shallower than the Rave's, but the screen was just as big and the chairs were more comfortable (they even recline). And they're a vinyl/leatherette instead of fabric, which should stay cleaner.

The shopping center is blocked off, but you can see progress being made. There's a water feature in front of the theater and an outdoor fireplace not too far down the main street. It'll be good when the rest of the parking lot is done. Traffic is a bit congested around the theater right now. I could picture a very bustling center with lots of restaurants and shoppers. It will probably be fall before that is fully realized, but the start is good.

Wife and I went to the IMAX with our son to see Kung Fu Panda. the screen and sound are great. I agree, the seats are the best theater seats I've been in, nicer that what they had at the nicest Dallas theaters or the Rave.

That firepit was interesting, I wondered if a restaurant is going in adjacent to it. Brazilian steakhouses like Gaucho's love the firepits in front.

The website (www.chenalshopping.com) has updated store listings now. Looks like a couple of things aren't opening until 09 (Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works) But several things will be open at the end of August, including J Crew. There's a Nails So Pretty going in. How many of those places do we need?

I should take some pictures. They have three on their website, but it doesn't show you the scope of the project.

So, based on their website and the plumbing permits, we know the following stores:

Chenal 9 IMAX, Claire's, DSW Shoes, Limited Too, Aeropostale, American Eagle, J Crew, bebe, Coldwater Creek, Victoria's Secret, Kay Jewelers, Bath and Body, Nails so Pretty, Select Comfort, Just for Dogs, Fitness Together, James Eyecare, Portrait Innovations, Maggie Moo's, Lucky, Mimi Maternity, J Jill, White House/Black Market.

Shaping up to be a sizable list. Add in the Apple store, which I still think is going in, plus it really needs some restaurants (we don't know what the outparcel under construction is) and it should be fairly full after the first of the year.

Am I leaving out any stores we know for sure?

Edited by adman0468

I was in the Saddle Creek Apple Store this afternoon. The staff there was putting out no information concerning the LR store except to say that it was coming. As one of them said "Apple is notoriously closed mouthed".

Glad to hear they think its still coming, but honestly they probably aren't in the current "know" on what is happening. I'm sure hoping that Apple is jumping on a slot at Midtowne since the Bombay slot opened up.

Glad to hear they think its still coming, but honestly they probably aren't in the current "know" on what is happening. I'm sure hoping that Apple is jumping on a slot at Midtowne since the Bombay slot opened up.

Right, it was a shot in the dark, however I remember a Williams Sonoma employee in Memphis telling me they were opening in LR before I ever heard it officially.

Its been a while since we have had a rough list of possible stores in the P@C. As we move closer to the grand opening, what are some of them? What are some of the stores that were once said as to have a spot there, but not now. I would like to see if there is an evolution of the stores said to be there, to the stores that are going to be there.

Now that the final site map is out for Park Ave, and i doubt Macys will be included, i would like to see a Macys at P@C.

I wish we could know some of the out lying stores/restaurants.

Its been a while since we have had a rough list of possible stores in the P@C. As we move closer to the grand opening, what are some of them? What are some of the stores that were once said as to have a spot there, but not now. I would like to see if there is an evolution of the stores said to be there, to the stores that are going to be there.

Now that the final site map is out for Park Ave, and i doubt Macys will be included, i would like to see a Macys at P@C.

I wish we could know some of the out lying stores/restaurants.

Dick's Sporting Goods was actually mentioned at one time. Now that they've been kicked out of Park Avenue, that could happen, maybe.

Chili's and Bravo Italian have never been confirmed.

Banana Republic disappeared after Dillard's pulled out.

Dick's Sporting Goods was actually mentioned at one time. Now that they've been kicked out of Park Avenue, that could happen, maybe.

Chili's and Bravo Italian have never been confirmed.

Banana Republic disappeared after Dillard's pulled out.

I always wondered about Dick's - it's a little big box for Prom at Chenal. I think the best place for it would be Shackleford Crossing.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the new Chenal 9 today. It was great. I had my ups and downs, but over all, a very nice asset to P@C. IT was completely packed, and this was a 10:15 showing. That is a very good sign.

After the movie, my friend and I did a little looking around by walking up and down the center of the Shopping Complex. Its very nice. One of the highlights i like about it is the Fire Pit. I think it's going to add a touch of elegance. plus some street side dinning would be great to. I also saw the making of a couple water features. The plantings are all nice. It's moving along really well. I do hope there is music like what you see at Pleasant Ridge. The out laying buildings seem to be progressing. I would assume groundwork should begin once the center is finished.

I did notice a list of stores that are for sure going to be in the complex. Those include:

Victoria Secrete.

J. Jill

J.Crew

BeBe

Lucky Brand

American Eagle.

Aeropostale

Cold Water Creek

DSW

Portrait Innovations

Some Mattress store(Why do we need another matters store?)

Maggie Moos

A Coffee Shop of some sort. Not Starbucks

A Eye Glass store.

Limited Too.

Claire's.

Bath & Body Works

Ann Taylor Loft

I'm sure there's more, I just don't remember.

I would like to see:

Apple(some info PLEASE)

Fossil

Hollister Co.

A Department Store aka Macys (Behind the complex)

MORE RESTAURANT

A couple Boutique shops.

Edited by LRguy21

I visited Chenal 9 Friday night. I concur with previous posters that the center is coming along very well. The theater is spectacular and the digital clarity puts other local theaters to shame.

Let me weigh in here about the theater. Its nice, but not outstanding by any stretch...certainly it isn't as grand or well done as the Rave. The entry is underwhelming, the finishes are basic, and the theaters are noticeably smaller than average - not that that's bad or good. It doesn't have anything on UA Breckenridge. The one plus is that it does have the IMAX...I have yet to watch a film in there, but my family has.

The center however holds promise, and the theater does in fact - from the exterior (finishes and scale) - complement the center well.

You can drive through the center now, if you enter from the Chenal Parkway side or from the southeast end (opposite the theater). Several of the vacant storefronts have names listing tenants that are coming soon. Not necessarily in that specific space, but in the center in general. Ann Taylor Loft was listed. I know that name has been mentioned before, but now it's confirmed, I guess. Two restaurant names were listed that I hadn't heard mentioned before. Here are there websites:

www.newkscafe.com

www.yiayias.com

Overall, I think they're good additions to the LR market, at least they're both new to the market. One's more casual - just sandwiches and pizzas. The other is a little bit nicer, but not too fancy. I've never heard of either chain. Anyone have a personal experience?

Edited by adman0468

Let me weigh in here about the theater. Its nice, but not outstanding by any stretch...certainly it isn't as grand or well done as the Rave. The entry is underwhelming, the finishes are basic, and the theaters are noticeably smaller than average - not that that's bad or good. It doesn't have anything on UA Breckenridge. The one plus is that it does have the IMAX...I have yet to watch a film in there, but my family has.

The center however holds promise, and the theater does in fact - from the exterior (finishes and scale) - complement the center well.

Yea, the theater was just average. I thought it could have been bigger, but it fits the area well. i think its meant to be a local theater. but if UA Breckenridge goes out, then the Chenal 9 will have to pick up the slack. The reason i say this is, when Midtown gets a theater, will UA, Rave, Dickson, Midtown, & Riverdale beable to stay? I would say Riverdale goes before UA. Also the NLR LAkewood is being remodeled. Thats something good.

Also, is the theater in Benton or Bryant still open? \

They are starting on the Sign on Chenal for the Shopping center. Corner of Chenal & LaGrand

Tinseltown 14 in Benton is still open. It draws from outside the Little Rock area from places like Malvern (2 screen theater) and Arkadelphia (No theater). However, its lacks digital I believe, which one can get in Hot Springs now.

Edited by hogwash

• 2 weeks later...