The Promenade At Chenal

Maggie Moos is open. Its right in front of the theater. Good location.

ITs all coming together very nicely. I cant wait to see the finished product.

About Apple, according to a guy who works at the apple booth in Best Buy, he thinks the store isnt happening. He did say the plan was to put a store in the P@C, but it aint happening. Its only a rumor...................

I will believe we get a store when we have a store.

Maggie Moos is open. Its right in front of the theater. Good location.

ITs all coming together very nicely. I cant wait to see the finished product.

About Apple, according to a guy who works at the apple booth in Best Buy, he thinks the store isnt happening. He did say the plan was to put a store in the P@C, but it aint happening. Its only a rumor...................

I will believe we get a store when we have a store.

He would be one that would know, but it doesn't sound like he does. Apple's own site lists the Promenade at Chenal, so it's not a rumor. If they have subsequently decided to reconsider that option, I suppose that could be true. Hopefully its b/c they are considering a mid-town location - either Midtowne or Park Avenue. Its unfortunate if they are delaying a decision since this market certainly should be or have already been serviced by Apple at this point given other comparable markets with their retail outlets.

Agreed. I find it hard to believe that they would be reconsidering the market...perhaps only the development.

Obviously it's the issue. It fits better at Midtowne than Chenal, and maybe that's the holdup.

There's something to this or the Apple name would be listed with the rest of the tenants on the building.

• 2 weeks later...

There looks to be a road or something being built on Kanis by Stewart Rd. Any chance this will go to the back side of the promenade??

That is the extension of Rahling Road The master plan is for Rahling to continue past the Promenade and eventually cross Kanis. Champognelle, from the older part of the Chenal subdivision, will extend east to meet Rahling, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article in the Arkansas Business Journal.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.as...=5&view=all

Provides some details and insight into what is happening behind the scenes regarding a lack of openings. Some of it is obvious (recent economic concerns), and some of it is less obvious (co-tenancy clauses).

They provided a list of named tenants in a PDF file which I'm attempting to upload. Nothing new there other than that Region's bought one of the out-parcels (which perhaps was known, but I guess I didn't know that). In the article, the same old unnamed tenants pop up...including Apple. We'll see...

ab_Promanade_Tenants_08.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice there's no coffee shop at Promenade?

Starbuck's was mentioned when the shopping center was first announced, but I'm not surprised to see that disappear. The layout of the center does seem to be perfect for a coffee house. Maybe the Coffee Beanery could move from their current location across the street.

Starbuck's was mentioned when the shopping center was first announced, but I'm not surprised to see that disappear. The layout of the center does seem to be perfect for a coffee house. Maybe the Coffee Beanery could move from their current location across the street.

Yeah, if this was 2007 and not 2008, we would most likely see a TON of tenants that have pulled because of economic conditions, like Starbucks, Urban Outfitters, Apple (for sure), Anthropologie, Coach, etc.

Yeah, if this was 2007 and not 2008, we would most likely see a TON of tenants that have pulled because of economic conditions, like Starbucks, Urban Outfitters, Apple (for sure), Anthropologie, Coach, etc.

Here's to hoping that improved economic conditions this next year reverse course of hesitant retailers.

Rumor has it that Red Development is not in good financial shape and that this shopping center may be up for sale soon. Also, some of the shops there now may not be doing well and may pull out.

What shops not doing well!? To my knowledge, currently there is only the theater and an ice cream shop...both of which are quite busy. I would question this assertion.

Rumor has it that Red Development is not in good financial shape and that this shopping center may be up for sale soon. Also, some of the shops there now may not be doing well and may pull out.

Apple is no longer listed on the Promenade web site. I think the near future looks dim for this center

Apple is no longer listed on the Promenade web site. I think the near future looks dim for this center

If so, I think its just a near-term consequence of the economy. There is no question that this center will do quite well in the long run.

Also, I wasn't aware that Apple was EVER on the Promenade website. To my knowledge, they never publicized them as an official tenant. I'm not refuting the fact that they may have pulled out, but I'm not sure that is evidence of this.

If so, I think its just a near-term consequence of the economy. There is no question that this center will do quite well in the long run.

Also, I wasn't aware that Apple was EVER on the Promenade website. To my knowledge, they never publicized them as an official tenant. I'm not refuting the fact that they may have pulled out, but I'm not sure that is evidence of this.

I reckon you're right about that but it was on the site plan a year or so ago and I'd never looked at the Promenade's until today and assumed Apple was also on it at one time. Is an Apple store for LR still on Apple's site?

I reckon you're right about that but it was on the site plan a year or so ago and I'd never looked at the Promenade's until today and assumed Apple was also on it at one time. Is an Apple store for LR still on Apple's site?

Good question about Apple's site...the last time it was mentioned on here, it was still listed (at Promenade). But admittedly, it was on the "Job Opportunity" section buried somewhere on the site. Perhaps someone can enlighten us with a link - I couldn't seem to find it on my own the last time I browsed Apple's site looking for it.

Good question about Apple's site...the last time it was mentioned on here, it was still listed (at Promenade). But admittedly, it was on the "Job Opportunity" section buried somewhere on the site. Perhaps someone can enlighten us with a link - I couldn't seem to find it on my own the last time I browsed Apple's site looking for it.

Try this link, then just pick Arkansas:

http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=2&...owPickLocations

What shops not doing well!? To my knowledge, currently there is only the theater and an ice cream shop...both of which are quite busy. I would question this assertion.

Quite right. I meant may pull out of any tenant deal. And yes, I hope the rumor is wrong. I would love the see the center do well.

I agree - both of those are crammed. Coldwater Creek and Aeropostale are just opening. If stores weren't doing well, they'd have to be open more than a few days. Also, stores won't pull out with a signed lease.

It's VERY early to pass judgment on store performance at this point. I went there on Labor Day evening (during admittedly stormy-looking conditions) and the look of the center overall to me is as nice as any I've ever seen in Little Rock. The stores are starting to file in, but it's slower coming than I had figured it would be.

Remember that J. Crew was to be open around this time, according to earlier plans; that name is nowhere among those mentioned on temporary signage now up on the center's various buildings. What is open at the center is nice, but few places I would call an outright destination outside of the IMAX (which is the ONLY way to see The Dark Knight, in my opinion). Limited Too is now also part of those tenants open, along with Destination Maternity, which takes over for the Mimi Maternity store which vacated Park Plaza. Stores such as DSW have yet to open but could in the coming weeks, while Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works won't be a part of the mix until sometime in 2009. I want to believe that The Promenade will hold up well and eventually gain a second phase to include a Macy's. But the first phase has to work first.