The Promenade At Chenal

Thats good! Did he say anything else about new stores?

On a side note, Charming Charlie opened up.

He didn't say anything else about new stores other than the four we already know about (The Wine Loft, Blanc, Bravo, Charming Charlie).

For what it's worth, I was also told by the developer quite a while back that they actually had a signed lease by Apple. Of course, you can get out of anything...

I believe they did have a signed lease but it was contingent on certain factors (occupancy, specific tenants, etc) that Red was unable to deliver on. So Apple walked from the initial agreement.

I believe they did have a signed lease but it was contingent on certain factors (occupancy, specific tenants, etc) that Red was unable to deliver on. So Apple walked from the initial agreement.

Wow. Again, you're then implying that they're actively looking for other options?

Apple posted record high earnings for Q2 2010 (per Macrumors.com) - note retail store guidance (in bold):

Apple today announced financial results for the first calendar quarter and second fiscal quarter of 2010. For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $13.50 billion and net quarterly profit of $3.07 billion, or $3.33 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $9.08 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.62 billion, or $1.79 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 41.7 percent, compared to 39.9 percent in the year-ago quarter, and international sales accounted for 58 percent of the quarter's revenue. The numbers represent the best non-holiday quarterly revenue and earnings in Apple history.

Conference Call Highlights:

- CFO Peter Oppenheimer giving overview of quarterly results, notes that PC industry grew 24% year-over-year, while Mac grew 33%.

- Breaking out iPod results, iPod touch grew 63% year-over-year, with iPod revenue up 12%. Apple maintains over 70% share of MP3 player market.

- iTunes Store brought in $1.1 billion, with over 4 billion App Store downloads so far.

- Thrilled with iPhone sales, 8.75 million is most ever. Growing at three times the overall market rate.

- Very happy with iPad sales so far. 3G on track for April 30th in U.S. Nine more countries coming in late May.

- Retail store sales up 22%, and 50% of retail store Mac purchasers continue to be new to Mac.

- Apple on track to open 40-50 new stores this fiscal year.

Phenomenal growth all the way around. If they're not opening here, its certainly not because of any economic or retail store concerns.

Wow. Again, you're then implying that they're actively looking for other options?

I'm not privy to current negotiations at this exact moment but I am aware that there was an "electronics/specialty" tenant looking to occupy the Wet Seal location on the bottom floor of Park Plaza. This was about a year ago. Probably can't say more than that.

I'm not privy to current negotiations at this exact moment but I am aware that there was an "electronics/specialty" tenant looking to occupy the Wet Seal location on the bottom floor of Park Plaza. This was about a year ago. Probably can't say more than that.

Wet Seal is on the upper level isn't it? You mean the Forever 21 location that's actually occupied?

Agree. I'm confused.

BTW, Forever 21 was planned and opened a lot longer ago than one year.

Sorry to be confusing. From what I understood, Forever 21 was not doing as well as hoped and had made mention of moving to a smaller space in the mall or to a different location all together. The "electronics/specialty" tenant believed to be Apple was eyeing that particular spot (where Forever 21 was and currently is) in Park Plaza. This was a year ago. I am not privy to ongoing negotiations with Park Plaza but I do know that there has been talk about Apple at Park Plaza or Park Avenue within the last six months. All of my sources are local and are telling me the exact same story. So I would believe it to be true. Hope that clears it up...now that I've run my mouth way too much about it.

Sorry to be confusing. From what I understood, Forever 21 was not doing as well as hoped and had made mention of moving to a smaller space in the mall or to a different location all together. The "electronics/specialty" tenant believed to be Apple was eyeing that particular spot (where Forever 21 was and currently is) in Park Plaza. This was a year ago. I am not privy to ongoing negotiations with Park Plaza but I do know that there has been talk about Apple at Park Plaza or Park Avenue within the last six months. All of my sources are local and are telling me the exact same story. So I would believe it to be true. Hope that clears it up...now that I've run my mouth way too much about it.

I hope Apple goes to Park Plaza before Park Avenue. And if it does end up in the Forever 21 spot, it seems like it would be a pretty big store if I'm thinking correctly. And back to the promenade, does anyone know an opening date for Bravo or Blanc? Has The Wine Loft even started construction? Any other news?

I hope Apple goes to Park Plaza before Park Avenue. And if it does end up in the Forever 21 spot, it seems like it would be a pretty big store if I'm thinking correctly. And back to the promenade, does anyone know an opening date for Bravo or Blanc? Has The Wine Loft even started construction? Any other news?

I had always thought that Apple could go into the old Luby's location. Good visibility from University, too, if they did something to the exterior.

I think Bravo is supposed to open at the end of May. Construction has started on Blanc, but it looks to be a ways away. No construction has started on the Wine Loft yet.

Charming Charlie's is open and Anthropologie is under construction. I think that's all the development for now.

Driving through the promenade, I noticed a sign that said Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was hanging on the building that Blanc is going into. Also the bebe sign was ripped up, it wasn't completely gone, but it was very scratched up.

Driving through the promenade, I noticed a sign that said Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was hanging on the building that Blanc is going into. Also the bebe sign was ripped up, it wasn't completely gone, but it was very scratched up.

The RMCF sign says something about 'franchises available.' I guess they want someone to put one in the location, but as far as I know there are no plans to right now.

Not surprising about the bebe sign. I think that's been out of the picture for a while.

Does anyone know if there was ever a "Master" list of proposed stores for the Promenade? I remember hearing about quite a few new to the market stores.

I'm still wishing for J Crew and Fossil. How is it that NWA can have a Fossil, but Little Rock cant? I wish they would come out with some news or something, get a little excitement going for this place. I cant wait for the new restaurants to open, i think it will add more life to the center, much more than any stores will.

As for apple, I personally want them at the Promenade. If they don't go into this development, i wounder what was the tipping point that killed the deal. I tend to see Apple assoicated with developements that include J Crew and Anthropologie. I dont see them at Midtown, There is no place for them. Apple is usually not associated with developments such as Midtown. Promenade.........yes, Park Plaza........yes, Midtown........no, Park Ave........perhaps.

Does anyone know if there was ever a "Master" list of proposed stores for the Promenade? I remember hearing about quite a few new to the market stores.

I'm still wishing for J Crew and Fossil. How is it that NWA can have a Fossil, but Little Rock cant? I wish they would come out with some news or something, get a little excitement going for this place. I cant wait for the new restaurants to open, i think it will add more life to the center, much more than any stores will.

As for apple, I personally want them at the Promenade. If they don't go into this development, i wounder what was the tipping point that killed the deal. I tend to see Apple assoicated with developements that include J Crew and Anthropologie. I dont see them at Midtown, There is no place for them. Apple is usually not associated with developments such as Midtown. Promenade.........yes, Park Plaza........yes, Midtown........no, Park Ave........perhaps.

Why "no" on Midtown but "perhaps" on Park Avenue? I see Midtown as much higher end than Park Avenue is planned. After all, it has Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonona, The Container Store, etc! In fact, you could argue it's currently higher-end than Promenade. Midtown's one drawback is its lack of scale. It's not very big!

Why "no" on Midtown but "perhaps" on Park Avenue? I see Midtown as much higher end than Park Avenue is planned. After all, it has Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonona, The Container Store, etc! In fact, you could argue it's currently higher-end than Promenade. Midtown's one drawback is its lack of scale. It's not very big!

I just was thinking no because it follows the outlet mall style and I just don't know about apple being in this style of a development. The Promenade is different because it is more pedestrian friendly and the same can be said for Park Avenue because it has the same style plan as the Promenade. You usually find Apple in a Park Plaza or Promenade style mall. But you are right on the "higher-end" aspect.

I do wish that Midtown was bigger and i do think that it does have room to expand when the time comes for it. Perhaps Macy's will find a home there. Wasn't it originally suppose to be larger than it currently is? It currently has no big draw, other than the few specialty stores. If has a huge empty space that is still empty.

I just was thinking no because it follows the outlet mall style and I just don't know about apple being in this style of a development. The Promenade is different because it is more pedestrian friendly and the same can be said for Park Avenue because it has the same style plan as the Promenade. You usually find Apple in a Park Plaza or Promenade style mall. But you are right on the "higher-end" aspect.

I do wish that Midtown was bigger and i do think that it does have room to expand when the time comes for it. Perhaps Macy's will find a home there. Wasn't it originally suppose to be larger than it currently is? It currently has no big draw, other than the few specialty stores. If has a huge empty space that is still empty.

I guess I don't follow what you mean about the "outlet mall style" - if you mean aesthetics, I happen to think it looks higher-end with its understated look than Pleasant Hills (for example). If you mean the layout, well, I think that was simply a product of the limited space and parking requirements. I happen to think the Promenade is nothing if not totally contrived with it's "pretend" street. Regardless, Apple will go where the higher end tenants are, not so much the style or layout (example: the Apple store in Memphis is in a center almost identical in style and layout to Midtown).

I guess I don't follow what you mean about the "outlet mall style" - if you mean aesthetics, I happen to think it looks higher-end with its understated look than Pleasant Hills (for example). If you mean the layout, well, I think that was simply a product of the limited space and parking requirements. I happen to think the Promenade is nothing if not totally contrived with it's "pretend" street. Regardless, Apple will go where the higher end tenants are, not so much the style or layout (example: the Apple store in Memphis is in a center almost identical in style and layout to Midtown).

I just think that if Apple had wanted to part of midtown, they would have already gone into the center. Same can be said for Park Plaza. I just think that because they were banking on the Promenade and that bet has stalled or failed, they have to go with plan B. But what is Plan B? That's the question we are all trying to figure out! I just have a hunch that we will see an Apple store in the next 2 years.

Sheesh...let's hope it's sooner than two years. If it's not open in the next 12 months, they're not coming.

Ya seriously, it's getting really annoying being one of the biggest areas without an Apple store when we were supposed to get one two years ago. I would rather it be at the promenade, but at this point I just want one to open in Little Rock.

Sheesh...let's hope it's sooner than two years. If it's not open in the next 12 months, they're not coming.

...gonna be sooner than 12 months IMO. They are actively negotiating. I agree that they wouldn't be a good fit @ Midtown, not big enough. But in all fairness, they are located in a similar center in Bartlett, TN outside Memphis.

So i gues its just a view of opinions, but i would prefer to see them at the Promenade. I think the center deserves Apple. I would also like to see a new mens upscale boutique style store there, similar to evolve at Midtown.

I think its a matter of when, not if that some body jumps on the land behind the promenade. I think a new to the market department store would do well there.

I wounder if the Bath and body works and victoria secret stores of the world will make their return to the promenade.