The Promenade At Chenal

The Promenade posted on Facebook today that they "would have SUPER exciting news this Wednesday 5/1!" The responses to the post have been from people hoping for Dave & Busters, Dick's and Macy's. Not sure if it will be any of those or even a new store at all. It may just be a new festival or something that they're going to have to boost traffic. 

Guess we'll find out Wednesday.

Well, highlighting "SUPER" in all caps "should" imply it is significant, but who knows in today's overhyped marketing world...here's hoping for a department store, and hopefully something we don't currently have.

Well, highlighting "SUPER" in all caps "should" imply it is significant, but who knows in today's overhyped marketing world...here's hoping for a department store, and hopefully something we don't currently have.

So the "SUPER exciting news" was just a sweepstakes they are offering to win a shopping spree. 

You're kidding. That is super lame.

I agree. I thought there was going to be a major retailer or restaurant locating at the Promenade at Chenal. The sweepstake is not a significant news IMO. The sweepstake was just to get more people to the mall. They need to bring some major stores and restaurants that is new to the state to attract people from outside Little Rock instead of a Chinese restaurant which Little Rock don't need.

There is a new store coming. The press release says it's new to LR, but when I google the chain, they have some kind of location on Kavanaugh. I don't buy overpriced stretchy clothes, so I don't know any more details.

http://www.chenalshopping.com/about/blog/details.aspx?ID=52

http://www.lululemon.com/stores/

I guess the one in the Heights is considered a "Showroom" and not a "Store" so whatever.  Guess this one is just going to be bigger.

Correct. The Lululemon in the Heights is a showroom and they only have a few items from their clothing line there.  The location in the Promenade will be a full-line store.  I'm surprised that Lululemon is putting a store in Little Rock at all.  I've been to their stores in other cities but doubted one would come to LR.  It will be interesting to see how it does.  There's not even a Lululemon store in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Jackson, Shreveport, Springfield, or Wichita according to their website.  Of those cities, only Oklahoma City and Tulsa have a showroom.   At most of the other stores I've been to, they have yoga classes and scheduled group runs from the stores.  

The Promenade At Chenal has again posted on Facebook:

"We've just heard of another NEW Merchant Announcement for The Promenade to be released this Thursday!! So excited!! Stay tuned..."

After guesses were made, The Promenade said this:

"This merchant will be locally owned & has made it on our most requested list numerous times...Watch for the announcement on Thursday!"

So, what will it be?  

"This merchant will be locally owned & has made it on our most requested list numerous times...Watch for the announcement on Thursday!"

So, what will it be?  

Other than the note about local ownership, it's hard to say.  Dillard's was attached to the project long ago, but I'd bet that 1) it's not necessarily as frequently requested as some out-of-state concerns, and 2) it wouldn't be the business in question anyway due to limited developed space.  The upscale atmosphere could lend itself well to something like a branch of Tipton Hurst, though that seems just as unlikely.  I would hope for more than another restaurant or ladies' boutique, but we'll see by Thursday.

The Promenade At Chenal has again posted on Facebook:

"We've just heard of another NEW Merchant Announcement for The Promenade to be released this Thursday!! So excited!! Stay tuned..."

So, what will it be?  

ZaZa's?

Somehow I interpreted this to be something other than a restaurant.

Not a full-scale restaurant, but a café, apparently.  The business itself probably wasn't as heavily requested as the TYPE of business, as this is the first location of Café Brunelle.  Details from the Promenade's website, and café owner/developer Krisht Co. LLC.

http://www.chenalshopping.com/about/blog/details.aspx?ID=53

http://cafebrunelle.com/

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

• 3 weeks later...

Saw an ad in the paper today that Rock Paper Scissors is moving to Pleasant Ridge. Then, on a bike ride through the Promenase today I noticed that Kay Jewelers and the Sunglasses place have both closed. All signage has been removed.

This is not a good direction for the center.

Fundamentally, the center is too small and too remote to support retailers that are not "destination" oriented and that depend upon collective traffic for their survival.  At a minimum, it needs a department store to create real buzz (and critical mass).

p.s.  The theater is a great idea, but it's horrible as a movie place...it's run extremely poorly.

• Like 1

Fundamentally, the center is too small and too remote to support retailers that are not "destination" oriented and that depend upon collective traffic for their survival.  At a minimum, it needs a department store to create real buzz (and critical mass).

p.s.  The theater is a great idea, but it's horrible as a movie place...it's run extremely poorly.

I agree that the center is too small and too far away from the populated area of the town. In order for this center to survive, it needs to expand and attract retailers and restaurants that are not current in the market as well as a department store beside Dillard's. I'm not surprise that Kay Jewelers close their doors consider that they have two central Arkansas locations already in Park Plaza and MCcain Mall. The center needs to have exclusive stores such as H&M, Lucky Brand Jeans, Urban Outfitters and restaurants such as Fleming's Steakhouse or The Cheesecake Factory in order to become a destination center in the state. In terms of restaurants, there's really nothing that stands out for people to drive that far to eat at the shopping center with the exception of two restaurants. For example, how many people are going to drive that far just to eat at A.W Lins Chinese restaurant when there are so many other chinese restaurants around town that is just as good if not better than A.W Lin's. That's why it is important for the shopping center to lure something that is unique to the market.

I also think the movie theater would be great if they expand it to at least 12-15 screens and is managed properly.

Edited by ecity3138

I agree that they need more destination-type stores, but we often drive from NLR to eat at Big Orange, shop at Anthropologie, J Crew, Nike, and Apple.  I don't think the center is in trouble with tenants like Apple, etc.  My opinion would be they lowered their retail tenant standards to fill the center.  I do think they need some more exclusive stores to Arkansas to continue to broaden their base of appeal in the LR Metro.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that they need more destination-type stores, but we often drive from NLR to eat at Big Orange, shop at Anthropologie, J Crew, Nike, and Apple.  I don't think the center is in trouble with tenants like Apple, etc.  My opinion would be they lowered their retail tenant standards to fill the center.  I do think they need some more exclusive stores to Arkansas to continue to broaden their base of appeal in the LR Metro.

I defintely agree with you on that. It needs something that will attract people from all over the state such as the ones mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is odd.  I saw an email ad from them just Friday?

RK Collections apparently is still maintaining an e-commerce presence, if not a brick-and-mortar store.  If I recall correctly, there were rent issues for RK back when they occupied a space in Bowman Curve, as a friend of mine who at the time was in property management told me.

RK moved its physical store into the Cantrell Heights Shopping Center, near Taziki's and across from Pavilion in the Park, in late August according to their Facebook page.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

• 5 months later...