The Promenade At Chenal

The fourth page of this pdf shows where the newest tenants (Region's and Del Frisco's) will be.

http://www.reddevelopment.com/Post/sections/20/Files/The%20Promenade%20at%20Chenal%20Property%20Snapshot%201-27-15.pdf

BTW: Ate at Bonehead's this weekend and was not at all impressed. My chicken tacos were just okay. Their signature piri piri sauce was nothing to write home about and my husband's fish was overcooked, but pricey ($12.99 for a fast casual place?).

The fourth page of this pdf shows where the newest tenants (Region's and Del Frisco's) will be.

http://www.reddevelopment.com/Post/sections/20/Files/The%20Promenade%20at%20Chenal%20Property%20Snapshot%201-27-15.pdf

BTW: Ate at Bonehead's this weekend and was not at all impressed. My chicken tacos were just okay. Their signature piri piri sauce was nothing to write home about and my husband's fish was overcooked, but pricey ($12.99 for a fast casual place?).

Also ate at Bonehead's.  My catfish was pretty good but the seasoning on the fries was about the worst thing I have ever tasted on french fries. I agree it is a bit pricey for order at the counter type stuff.

• 4 months later...

The Nike Factory Store has been announced for the Gateway Town Center. I'll assume that means the end of the one in the Promenade. Not good because that's a huge space to try to fill.

Also, the Lucky store has announced for the GTC. That was originally proposed for the Promenade back when it was first under construction.

• 1 month later...

The current issue of AY has an ad for the Promenade which lists "Lily Rain" as coming soon. Based on the store's website, it appears to be a women's clothing, jewelry and accessory store with locations in a handful of states, including two in the Dallas area. Their website says that it is coming to the Promenade in Winter 2015 in probably the old RK Collections space.

On a separate note, I dined at Del Frisco's Saturday night and was impressed. Everything our table tried left a good impression. The steaks are top-notch and the sides and other entrees are good, too. Service was a little overzealous and occasionally bumpy, but pretty good for an opening night. I see it eating into Ya Ya's business, as it reminds me a lot of it, but a hair pricier.

I dined at Del Frisco's Saturday night and was impressed. Everything our table tried left a good impression. The steaks are top-notch and the sides and other entrees are good, too. Service was a little overzealous and occasionally bumpy, but pretty good for an opening night. I see it eating into Ya Ya's business, as it reminds me a lot of it, but a hair pricier.

We tried to go Sunday for lunch but they required reservations that day.  The building/space sure looks cool!  I'm glad to hear the food follows suit...

Edited by Architect

On a separate note, I dined at Del Frisco's Saturday night and was impressed. Everything our table tried left a good impression. The steaks are top-notch and the sides and other entrees are good, too. Service was a little overzealous and occasionally bumpy, but pretty good for an opening night. I see it eating into Ya Ya's business, as it reminds me a lot of it, but a hair pricier.

We went to the free practice run at 1230 on Saturday and really enjoyed everything we tried.  I was impressed with the food and the overall setup, plus really big portions!  We will be going back soon!

• 1 month later...

The Democrat-Gazette yesterday said that Pei Wei will be opening a new location in the Promenade. It will share a building between McDonald's and Del Frisco but the other tenant has not signed a lease yet.

This link shows the location.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/95BAF4F2-B060-4EA6-9297-2FF2426D674F.pdf

I'm glad to see the outparcels fill up (the one behind HomeGoods is still just dirt) but I wish the center itself wouldn't have so many vacancies. The DSW building is half empty and they haven't found anything yet to replace that women's store next to Lululemon. 

Edited by adman0468

The Democrat-Gazette yesterday said that Pei Wei will be opening a new location in the Promenade. It will share a building between McDonald's and Del Frisco but the other tenant has not signed a lease yet.

This link shows the location.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/95BAF4F2-B060-4EA6-9297-2FF2426D674F.pdf

I'm glad to see the outparcels fill up (the one behind HomeGoods is still just dirt) but I wish the center itself wouldn't have so many vacancies. The DSW building is half empty and they haven't found anything yet to replace that women's store next to Lululemon. 

About time!  Very strange...the manager at the Midtown Pei Wei told me - literally years ago - that they were putting a location out west (I think at the time I thought it would be at Pleasant Ridge...when that Bassett store originally went up, I thought that would be the Pei Wei outparcel).

We've all said it before, Promenade is either a freeway (not happening of course) or a department store away from being a heavyweight center.  Short of this, it's designed to remain what is essentially a niche, relatively high-end neighborhood retail center.

As much as the new Gateway Town Center is a bit uninspiring (outlet theme and all), it has ALL the right components to be a hit...absolutely stellar visibility and access (intersection of two freeways), pretty solid retail mix, and new-to-market heavyweight destinations like Dave & Busters, and (presumably) Cheesecake Factory and Joe's Crab Shack.

Edited by Architect

I heard that Schickel tried pretty hard to get Pei Wei but wasn't successful. Not sure what the problem was. 

I'm a little surprised that A.W. Lin's doesn't have a no-compete clause, but maybe sit-down Asian vs. fast-casual Asian are considered two separate things, kind of like Big Orange and McDonald's.

I heard that Schickel tried pretty hard to get Pei Wei but wasn't successful. Not sure what the problem was. 

I'm a little surprised that A.W. Lin's doesn't have a no-compete clause, but maybe sit-down Asian vs. fast-casual Asian are considered two separate things, kind of like Big Orange and McDonald's.

First, what is A.W. Lin's?  I've never heard of it.

Regardless, I can't imagine why or how Pei Wei would see the Promenade as a preferable location to Cantrell/I-430.  Their locations are (typically) stand-alone, outparcels, so you'd think the visibility along Cantrell and the accessibility from I-430 would be compelling.

First, what is A.W. Lin's?  I've never heard of it.

It's the sit-down Asian restaurant in the Promenade. Pretty good food. Prices are a hair above Fantastic China or Fu Lin, but not much. And the quality is very good. It's never seemed busy though. And Chi's has their version of Pei Wei basically across the street, so it will be interesting to see who survives.

It's the sit-down Asian restaurant in the Promenade. Pretty good food. Prices are a hair above Fantastic China or Fu Lin, but not much. And the quality is very good. It's never seemed busy though. And Chi's has their version of Pei Wei basically across the street, so it will be interesting to see who survives.

Strange...here I think I'm generally in the know and I'm not aware about EITHER of these existing Asian outlets!  Ha!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, theman said:

Today's THV is reporting that Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works and Pei Wei are coming to The Promenade next year.

While I wish that these were names that were new to the city, I still think it's a good thing. I assume Pei Wei will be an outparcel, but the others should occupy some of that empty space in the main shopping area. I assume one will take over the old W location and the other can take another vacant area or even the never-developed section next to DSW.

I think Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were both on the original list before the center opened. Maybe a few of those other names will end up arriving, too.

10 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

While I wish that these were names that were new to the city, I still think it's a good thing. I assume Pei Wei will be an outparcel, but the others should occupy some of that empty space in the main shopping area. I assume one will take over the old W location and the other can take another vacant area or even the never-developed section next to DSW.

I think Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were both on the original list before the center opened. Maybe a few of those other names will end up arriving, too.

Agreed.  I think overall this is a sign of confidence by those retailers for both this development (Promenade) and for the market (LR).

4 hours ago, schwilj said:

it would have been nice to have a new store in the same vein like The Body Shop perhaps... but maybe one day. good to see more stores will move in to the empty slots

The empty area next to DSW is the worst to me. It's a huge vacant area and appears dark at night. Extra traffic in that area would help the things across the parking lot as well. The Just For Dogs, Paul's Shoes, Portrait Innovations is a weak draw compared to what is happening at the other end of the center.

Body Shop is similar to Bath & Body Works I guess.  It started in the UK back in the 80s.  The company didn't test its products on animals and used products that were sustainable and natural.  Though it was bought by L'Oreal a few years ago, it has remained pretty true to its core.  I use their products.  They have great men's products.  I order online but stock up when I find a store on out-of-town visits.  

• 1 month later...

This link shows the tenant map updated just a few weeks ago. You can see where Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works will be. Also, there will be a Unique Threading in the same building. Mattress Firm will share Pei Wei's building. Doing a rough calculation of available square feet, there seems to be less than 40,000 sq. feet not taken. 

Personally, I see the lot behind Home Goods as the perfect place for H&M and some of the space across from Anthropolgie as ideal for Urban Outfitters. Then the rest can be filled in with a few more retailers. But that's just wishful thinking right now.

https://reddevelopment.egnyte.com/dl/xPVGuwf0Y0

I wonder if they will try to build anything on the backside of the complex after the front part and empty stores are filled, seems like there might be some room back there between the back parking lot and the road to add a few more places. It would also have the benefit of adding more traffic / security / lighting to the back parking lot. 

-R

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

I wonder if they will try to build anything on the backside of the complex after the front part and empty stores are filled, seems like there might be some room back there between the back parking lot and the road to add a few more places. It would also have the benefit of adding more traffic / security / lighting to the back parking lot. 

-R

That is property that is for sale. The original intent was for it to be the Dillard's location. When that died, I guess they held out hope that another department store would take it. If that were to happen, I could see a row of stores being built from J Crew/Lululemon back toward that lot. 

Macy's seems most likely and even that really doesn't seem very likely.