The Promenade At Chenal

9 hours ago, Architect said:

I'm guessing that may be a mistake?  I didn't notice Loft being closed, and that would be surprising at best in a center as trafficked as this...

Drove by there last night and the Loft sign is gone and the windows are all papered over. Not good for the shopping center to lose another big name tenant, but at least something new is going in. Odd that it's still on the website.

1 hour ago, adman0468 said:

Drove by there last night and the Loft sign is gone and the windows are all papered over. Not good for the shopping center to lose another big name tenant, but at least something new is going in. Odd that it's still on the website.

Wow. Strange. It's still listed on the Loft website.

I did forget however that a new Loft opened at the outlet mall, so that made 3...and now there's only 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed that they have started some construction on the corner lot down near the theater, I know I heard from an employee of Pei Wei that this is set to be the location for the WLR Pei Wei set to open in late Oct.. which seems a little fast but then again if the building is mostly prefab guess it could be open by then. 

-R

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Noticed that they have started some construction on the corner lot down near the theater, I know I heard from an employee of Pei Wei that this is set to be the location for the WLR Pei Wei set to open in late Oct.. which seems a little fast but then again if the building is mostly prefab guess it could be open by then. 

-R

The Pei Wei is already nearly complete near McDonald's. So it can't be that. Must be something else

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Architect said:

I noticed that last weekend.

We just ate at Menchie's this last Saturday. The sign on the door I'm pretty sure said closed to some kind of work/renovation. It did not sound permanent.

EDIT: It is no longer listed on the Boneheads website

2 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Less than two years after it opened, Boneheads has closed. Based on the one time I ate there, I'm not surprised. Hopefully they'll find something to take its place.

I was also not impressed. We ate there the first week it was open and thought maybe the kinks had not been worked out yet but it did nothing to bring us back.

Edited by Smith

• 2 weeks later...

The Arkansas DemGaz reported today that three new national retailers are opening stores at the Promenade:

Madewell

Evereve

Kendra Scott

All women's stores, with Madewell being owned by J Crew, occupying the former LOFT space.  These join other recent national brand openings Pei Wei and J Jill.  I think J Crew's investment in the Promenade at Chenal, along with the other, recent new stores (Victoria's Secret, Pink, etc) shows confidence in the center by national retailers.

On 11/15/2016 at 6:13 AM, SangreRaVen said:

well I guess that is one way to get more shoppers out there, though they may want to get some more places for guys to shop as well so they have a place to go if they come with their girl or just come out there in general. 

-R

Amen to this! There's J Crew and... not too much else. That imbalance has long been a flaw in making the Promenade a truly well-rounded shopping destination.

22 minutes ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Amen to this! There's J Crew and... not too much else. That imbalance has long been a flaw in making the Promenade a truly well-rounded shopping destination.

I still think an H&M and maybe Urban Outfitters would be possibilities. I doubt Banana or Gap would happen - two stores in LR are enough.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, adman0468 said:

I still think an H&M and maybe Urban Outfitters would be possibilities. I doubt Banana or Gap would happen - two stores in LR are enough.

Urban Outfitters arguably has the slightest of edges, since Anthropologie is already up and running. But I'd easily prefer H&M.

For something like Urban Outfitters or any set of stores to take off downtown, it would need an atmosphere like Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. 3 or 4 blocks of retail, restaurants, and hotels in a downtown urban setting. East Village maybe once it gets up and going or even along 3rd/4th streets with the mini hotel boom. SoMa might just slightly be too disconnected to get the right kind of foot traffic.

On 11/18/2016 at 3:07 PM, Smith said:

For something like Urban Outfitters or any set of stores to take off downtown, it would need an atmosphere like Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. 3 or 4 blocks of retail, restaurants, and hotels in a downtown urban setting. East Village maybe once it gets up and going or even along 3rd/4th streets with the mini hotel boom. SoMa might just slightly be too disconnected to get the right kind of foot traffic.

SoMa is less remote than East Village.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, adman0468 said:

To the Promenade or to just "somewhere"?

I could see the Promenade. I could also see Park Plaza. The Outlet mall doesn't seem as likely anymore.

Not sure...I saw it on a FB feed where a B98.5 personality was asking for suggestions on what people would like to see come to the LR market...as a morning talk show topic.