The Promenade At Chenal

AR Business says that 3 acres near the Promenade may become a boutique hotel. I assume this is the land behind the shopping center the was originally supposed to be an anchor store? Guess that means no Macy's or Nordstrom's there. Although with the department store seeming to die a slow death, it was probably never going to happen anyway.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/115189/boutique-hotel-may-open-near-promenade-at-chenal

29 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

AR Business says that 3 acres near the Promenade may become a boutique hotel. I assume this is the land behind the shopping center the was originally supposed to be an anchor store? Guess that means no Macy's or Nordstrom's there. Although with the department store seeming to die a slow death, it was probably never going to happen anyway.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/115189/boutique-hotel-may-open-near-promenade-at-chenal

That just seems like an odd place to put a hotel.  

20 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

That just seems like an odd place to put a hotel.  

Specifically, yes.  Generally, no.  There's not ANY hotel out Chenal past Financial Center.  For that matter, name one hotel on Cantrell.  ANYWHERE on Cantrell (save for those backed up to La Harpe downtown).  Strange, no?

1 hour ago, Architect said:

Specifically, yes.  Generally, no.  There's not ANY hotel out Chenal past Financial Center.  For that matter, name one hotel on Cantrell.  ANYWHERE on Cantrell (save for those backed up to La Harpe downtown).  Strange, no?

Anywhere? Holiday Capri Motel in Booneville is on Hwy 10. I know you meant in LR but I wanted to see how far your would actually have to go.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vbfl85 said:

Lets not forget the Burgundy on Market St.  Which is just off Rodney Parham. That's probably as far west as any hotel in LR. 

Embassy Suites is just a tad farther west, and that's still just over 4 miles away from the Promenade. Nothing else after that for now, though there's long been an intent to land a hotel near Pleasant Ridge Town Center.

Could this be the hotel development approved by the planning commission back last June for Rahling Circle on the hill across Chenal from the Promenade?  Documents called for a 5 story 106 room hotel fronting Rahling Circle and overlooking the Promenade.  With the new spur going up the hill from Chenal at the entrance to the Promenade, it would have easy access to both the shopping center and surrounding office parks.  Page 85-95 of this link: http://web.littlerock.state.ar.us/weblink/0/doc/125158/Page1.aspx 

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Today's Demozette listed a building permit for Gandolfo's Deli. It will be in the old Boneheads location. They are in several states but this will be Arkansas' first. Haven't heard of them, but it seems like a good fit for the center. Anyone ever been to one?

https://www.gandolfosdeli.com

That's good news! I wish the mall could open a Nordstrom Rack in the large empty space next to Dress Barn. That space had sat empty for a long time. Nordstrom Rack would be a good fit for the shopping center.

1 hour ago, ecity3138 said:

That's good news! I wish the mall could open a Nordstrom Rack in the large empty space next to Dress Barn. That space had sat empty for a long time. Nordstrom Rack would be a good fit for the shopping center.

Dress Barn? You aren't talking about the Promenade?

1 minute ago, ecity3138 said:

I mean DSW. Sorry about that. Nordstrom Rack would be a great addition to the Promenade Mall.

I agree. That large empty spot is the biggest sore spot in the center. Otherwise, most of the available space is smaller. I had hoped for H&M but that won't be happening now. Not sure what else could go there (or on the empty outparcel on the other side of DSW).

10 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

I agree. That large empty spot is the biggest sore spot in the center. Otherwise, most of the available space is smaller. I had hoped for H&M but that won't be happening now. Not sure what else could go there (or on the empty outparcel on the other side of DSW).

I thought maybe A&F and/or Hollister might relocate, but not after reading how they're bleeding cash and are intentionally not renewing leases across the country to lower their store count.

3 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Nordstrom Rack seems doubtful in that spot, since I think they'd prefer a freestanding or end-cap spot. And RED probably would like to keep as many full-price retailers as possible, at any rate.  Whoever takes it, I would hope it to be a retailer that adds to men's apparel selections, which have always been at a disadvantage in the development.  Not saying it would have to be Brooks Brothers necessarily, but something of similar caliber wouldn't hurt.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, vbfl85 said:

It appears that AMC is taking over the Chenal 9 theater.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/planreview/PLUMB/99770.htm

Not a bad thing...the early years of this theater's history were poorly managed.  I suppose it's been better as of late, but a "brand" name theater will certainly bring elevated standards and resources.

On 5/20/2017 at 10:53 AM, Architect said:

Not a bad thing...the early years of this theater's history were poorly managed.  I suppose it's been better as of late, but a "brand" name theater will certainly bring elevated standards and resources.

Good. The last time we went, it was gross. Sticky floors, ripped wall paper. It was awful. That place isn't that old. Rave's renovations I'm sure had taken a lot of their business too.

• 2 weeks later...

Chenal 9 Imax has officially closed for renovation, looks like it will be closed until mid to late July while the first phase of the redo is completed. Once it opens back up though there will still be additional work being done to finish out the complete AMC Branding and Upgrades. 

-R

2 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Chenal 9 Imax has officially closed for renovation, looks like it will be closed until mid to late July while the first phase of the redo is completed. Once it opens back up though there will still be additional work being done to finish out the complete AMC Branding and Upgrades. 

-R

Yikes...right in the heat of the Summer blockbuster run.  Seems like terrible timing to close.

well, they may have figured it was worth it to go ahead and get the big stuff done in one shot. It is a much smaller theater compared to Rave which did stay open during their remodel. If they get the big stuff done and out of the way, then they can be ready for other big films down the line.

-R

44 minutes ago, SangreRaVen said:

well, they may have figured it was worth it to go ahead and get the big stuff done in one shot. It is a much smaller theater compared to Rave which did stay open during their remodel. If they get the big stuff done and out of the way, then they can be ready for other big films down the line.

-R

If they install the comfy recliners seats it will replace Breckinridge as my go to theater. A dine in and bar would also be neat but I won't get my hopes up.