The Promenade At Chenal

6 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Last I heard no real work has been done on the theater.. I believe there were some issues with the remodeling company and even the city so who knows when or if it will reopen in the future. 

-R

Very strange...it's a high profile location and a new-ish building.  I can't imagine what the problems would be, unless they're concerned about competition with all other theaters going reclining/assigned seats, not to mention the new Movie Tavern coming online.  I wouldn't care other than this is the only IMAX location.

45 minutes ago, Architect said:

Very strange...it's a high profile location and a new-ish building.  I can't imagine what the problems would be, unless they're concerned about competition with all other theaters going reclining/assigned seats, not to mention the new Movie Tavern coming online.  I wouldn't care other than this is the only IMAX location.

I agree. The new Movie Tavern theater will not affect ticket sales at the planned AMC Theater. There will still be people who prefer AMC theater due to the only IMAX theater in the area. 

I’m sure mall management is frustrated as well to see an vacant theater closed that long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So with Del Frisco's closing, has anyone heard anything about Ruth's Chris going in there? Not sure how accurate it is but heard a rumor about them looking at that location. Not sure how it would do or if it would run into any of the same issues Del Frisco's ran into. That being said, the building itself I imagine would be a good fit for them and only need minor redoing to match it to their styling. 

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen

1 hour ago, SangreRaVen said:

So with Del Frisco's closing, has anyone heard anything about Ruth's Chris going in there? Not sure how accurate it is but heard a rumor about them looking at that location. Not sure how it would do or if it would run into any of the same issues Del Frisco's ran into. That being said, the building itself I imagine would be a good fit for them and only need minor redoing to match it to their styling. 

-R

I have not heard that...tough market with Arthur's across the street (though moving a bit down the street to the old Acura dealership).  I'd rather see Pappadeaux's!

7 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

I was thinking it would be rather hard as well but seeing as they have been interested in LR for a few years but this is kind of remote... if a Pappadeaux was even interested in coming in I would wonder if it would do better out near the Outlet Mall. 

-R

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t Ruth’s Chris have an interest in a downtown location near Robinson a couple years back? It would be nice to have one in town, however I too worry that it would undercut Arthur’s in the realm of high-end steakhouses in Little Rock considering market size and relative proximity (should they move into the Promenade as rumored).

7 hours ago, Architect said:

I have not heard that...tough market with Arthur's across the street (though moving a bit down the street to the old Acura dealership).  I'd rather see Pappadeaux's!

Ha! Now wouldn’t that be something?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 1:25 PM, Architect said:

Maybe an upscale restaurant such as Houston’s or a seafood restaurant can open in the former Del Frisco Grille space. 

Pappadeaux is not coming to Arkansas anytime soon. I’ve contact their headquarters in Houston and  been told that Arkansas is not in their construction plan within the next five years which is disappointing.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Littlerock499 said:

According to Arkansas Business, there are rumors that Ruth's Chris will be taking the closed Del Frisco's location at the Promenade.

Hmmm...pretty interesting development given the fact that Ruth's Chris often likes to locate in downtown areas close to business travelers, and this was their initial intent a year or two ago with the prior Cromwell building across the street from the Robinson Center.  I trust it will do well at the Promenade - it's certainly a very nice building - but they will be going head-to-head with Arthur's, which is not an inconsequential competitor.

p.s.  I was in Dallas this past weekend and drove through one (of many) new huge, high-end mixed use developments - Legacy West (J.C. Penny HQ), at the SW intersection of the Dallas North Tollway and Sam Rayburn Pkwy - and noticed their very similar Del Friscos outlet, but this one branded a "Double Eagle Steakhouse" - of course, Del Friscos is a Dallas-based restaurant, with their (now) ill-fated Little Rock venture being the first out-of-state.

15 hours ago, Architect said:

Hmmm...pretty interesting development given the fact that Ruth's Chris often likes to locate in downtown areas close to business travelers, and this was their initial intent a year or two ago with the prior Cromwell building across the street from the Robinson Center.  I trust it will do well at the Promenade - it's certainly a very nice building - but they will be going head-to-head with Arthur's, which is not an inconsequential competitor.

p.s.  I was in Dallas this past weekend and drove through one (of many) new huge, high-end mixed use developments - Legacy West (J.C. Penny HQ), at the SW intersection of the Dallas North Tollway and Sam Rayburn Pkwy - and noticed their very similar Del Friscos outlet, but this one branded a "Double Eagle Steakhouse" - of course, Del Friscos is a Dallas-based restaurant, with their (now) ill-fated Little Rock venture being the first out-of-state.

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is actually the flagship concept and Del Frisco's Grille is the faster, cheaper concept (relatively speaking). I have seen both concepts in many major markets (NYC, Chicago, Boston, DC, Nashville, Denver, Houston) so its a shame we couldn't support a location in Central Arkansas but if the rumors are true I bet Ruth's Chris will do great. The location in Rogers has always been busy when I've been so hopefully that bodes well for a Little Rock location.

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is actually the flagship concept and Del Frisco's Grille is the faster, cheaper concept (relatively speaking). I have seen both concepts in many major markets (NYC, Chicago, Boston, DC, Nashville, Denver, Houston) so its a shame we couldn't support a location in Central Arkansas but if the rumors are true I bet Ruth's Chris will do great. The location in Rogers has always been busy when I've been so hopefully that bodes well for a Little Rock location.

Interesting. I thought when I read the article about it closing, the paper said it was their first venture outside Texas. But you’re right, Google shows quite a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like Pei Wei @ The Promenade is closing :( sucks to... I went there nearly every week at least once.

Email notice sent out:

It has been our pleasure to serve the community at our Promenade restaurant location (17701 Chenal Parkway, Little Rock, AK 72223). 

Our last day of service at this location will be Saturday, August 25, 2018 following normal business hours. 

But it’s not over between us, right? We’d still love to see you at one of our other nearby locations. In fact, we're inviting you to dine at a nearby location by October 5th to receive a free Small Plate.* Simply show this offer and mention the keyword C2ZL49F9 to your cashier and enjoy your handcrafted item. If ordering online, use code C2ZL49F9 to get this deal! 

J. Hedrick
Chief Executive Officer

Well, looks like Pei Wei @ The Promenade is closing default_sad.png sucks to... I went there nearly every week at least once.

Email notice sent out:

It has been our pleasure to serve the community at our Promenade restaurant location (17701 Chenal Parkway, Little Rock, AK 72223). 

Our last day of service at this location will be Saturday, August 25, 2018 following normal business hours. 

But it’s not over between us, right? We’d still love to see you at one of our other nearby locations. In fact, we're inviting you to dine at a nearby location by October 5th to receive a free Small Plate.* Simply show this offer and mention the keyword C2ZL49F9 to your cashier and enjoy your handcrafted item. If ordering online, use code C2ZL49F9 to get this deal! 

J. Hedrick
Chief Executive Officer

Wait, what?!! Why in the world would they close it? I can’t imagine it wasn’t busy, next to a well trafficked high-end development with Apple, et al (though admittedly I eat at the Midtown Pei Wei literally ten times more often since it’s more convenient to where I live and work). They couldn’t at least wait until the largish Aloft Hotel opened next door? This is not a good sign. Sheesh.

p.s. Perhaps a victim of the enigma that is the “location” of the Promenade, which is decidedly suburban, and nowhere near any major arterials or freeways, and never will be...not in this era.

I spoke to their new GM a few months ago and he even said then that location was struggling.

Looks like Pei Wei is closing several locations across the country the same day. I noted one in the KC area, and it would seem there are none left in KC.

Hopefully the one near Park Plaza stays open, it has been there for a long time. Sadly that location is no where near as well kept as the Chenal location. Tables are always sticky and dirty when you go in there, they also need to remodel it and make it a little more updated feeling like the other location was. Chenal also had a patio which was used by ppl when the weather was good, something that other location did not even offer. I wonder if it would have done better if they would have put it further up Chenal instead of so far out. 

-R

Hopefully the one near Park Plaza stays open, it has been there for a long time. Sadly that location is no where near as well kept as the Chenal location. Tables are always sticky and dirty when you go in there, they also need to remodel it and make it a little more updated feeling like the other location was. Chenal also had a patio which was used by ppl when the weather was good, something that other location did not even offer. I wonder if it would have done better if they would have put it further up Chenal instead of so far out. 

-R

It’s interesting how people have different experiences because both my experience (and Facebook reviews, 3.4 vs 4.4 for Midtown) would say the opposite. Midtown is well established, always exceptionally managed, and was in fact remodeled in the past few years. I imagine it’s well entrenched and not going anywhere.

I have did their customer survey thing on several occasions and commented how dirty the place tends to be. On more than one occasion I have seen other customers looking for tables that are not sticky and dirty and they have actually commented on that being what they are doing.  The food is usually good at that location and I agree it most likely is pretty well set in that location with the mall, a major hospital and stadium nearby as well as other shopping, a university and various living areas. 

The one on Chenal was located behind YaYa's next to a mattress store  and across from the now closed Del Frisco's. 

-R