The Promenade At Chenal

I read the article after I wrote that. Yeah, it sounds like only a small portion of the West side of the development will be changed and that part is actually across the Rahling Road extension from the rest of the development anyway (that part would've been separated).

That said, I think there must be a significant revision of the plan based on what we're seeing in the sitework and the drawing on the signage so I'm eager to see what Red's done with the project since the initial drawings.

I'm anxious to see as well. Though the overall size was reduced (in square footage) from the inital concept with Dillard's, I trust that's primarily from the loss of gross area from a large department store(s). Hopefully the contingent of specialty stores will still be ample and commensurate with similar (or even larger) facilities that may have a few anchor stores. Other than a high-end department store such as Sacs or Macy's (more-or-less), the selection of the typical stores are what I'm looking forward to...

I'm anxious to see as well. Though the overall size was reduced (in square footage) from the inital concept with Dillard's, I trust that's primarily from the loss of gross area from a large department store(s). Hopefully the contingent of specialty stores will still be ample and commensurate with similar (or even larger) facilities that may have a few anchor stores. Other than a high-end department store such as Sacs or Macy's (more-or-less), the selection of the typical stores are what I'm looking forward to...

I'm hoping that the initial development will be a big enough draw that the large amount of commercial land available nearby will create an upscale commercial cluster around it, particularly with some nice restaurants we don't have locally. Maybe it will even eventually draw a nice department store into the mix. They really build these off from the rest of the development in the new "town center" style - like Pinnacle Hills Promenade, Firewheel Towne Center, etc.

So long story shot..........for a person who lives about 5 mins away from the Park Plaza of WLR, What can we expect out of this? Im assuming that it will still open next summer? What about the stores? i saw a list of them in previous threads................but is any of that final? What about that long awaited Nordstorms, saks or Macy's? It was great when Parisian came in.....but i dont know how the sell of them to Belk ( is it just me or should have Belk kept the Parisian name) will effect the "upscale" of the store? not to say that i still wont shop there, its just a very nice refressing place to shop when compared to the old Dillars that is in Park Plaza. Im so excited to see it. It will be just like Park Plaza execpt i dont have to drive down Chenal Parkway(any futher than i would have to) and I630.

Arkansas Business is reporting that Dick's Sporting Goods is looking at the Promenade for a location. It also mentioned that they were looking at LR for a location for Golf Galaxy (which is owned by Dick's). Both stores would be their first in Arkansas.

Dick's showed up on a preliminary tenant list for the Promenade the Ark Times printed a couple mos ago. Golf Galaxy is supposed to go in Shackleford Crossing unless something's changed in the last few mos.

• 4 weeks later...

The only ones that are for sure are Dickinson IMAX, Dick's Sporting Goods, and DSW.

Others that are on the site plan, but not yet signed: Ethan Allen, Chili's, Bravo, Select Comfort, J.Crew, Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Limited Too, American Eagle, Aeropostale, Apple, Claire's, Finish Line, Maurice's, Hollister, Starbucks, White House Black Market, Coach, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor Loft, J.Jill, Coldwater Creek, Talbots, Gap, Mother's Work, Carter's, Gymboree.

Chenal Woods, a retirement type community is going to be on the western edge of this property.

Is Chenal Woods going to be a retirement community or just regular condominiums?

There's an assisted living community called Chenal Heights that is nearly finished on Chenal Valley near Rahling and Lamarche Drive. Across the street they are building a condo community called Vallon Circle.

There's also a very large retirement/assisted living project near Shinall Mtn at Chenal Valley and Chenal Parkway just before you go down the hill towards Highway 10.

Is Chenal Woods going to be a retirement community or just regular condominiums?

There's an assisted living community called Chenal Heights that is nearly finished on Chenal Valley near Rahling and Lamarche Drive. Across the street they are building a condo community called Vallon Circle.

There's also a very large retirement/assisted living project near Shinall Mtn at Chenal Valley and Chenal Parkway just before you go down the hill towards Highway 10.

I guess you are right that this isn't soley a retirement community although the advertisements I've seen suggest that kind of lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also read on the AR Times website that these tenants have also been "penciled in":

Ethan Allen

Bravo - an Italian restuarant chain? - http://www.bestitalianusa.com/

Select Comfort

Claire's

Maurice's

Banana Republic

Mother's Work

I've eaten at the Bravo restaurant in Metairie several times while living down there. It was very good and different from the Italian restaurants currently in the LR area but then this was the Metairie Menu and maybe slight different from LR menu....hope not too much. It's white table cloth and is comparible to Carraba's which would be nice too have as well. Sure wish someone would come in and open a Cafe Du Monde (similiar) shop out at the promenade.

• 2 weeks later...

New user here. I found this thread when googling for info on the development, which I pass every day as I take my kid to school. The kid looks forward to driving by to see what's happened at the site.

Good for the area. I'm particularly interested in seeing what restaurants commit. A little concerned that some of the smaller places in the Heights/Hillcrest area may be negatively impacted but on balance more competition for the dining dollar is good for the consumer.

PS. This site doesn't render correctly in Firefox.

New user here. I found this thread when googling for info on the development, which I pass every day as I take my kid to school. The kid looks forward to driving by to see what's happened at the site.

Good for the area. I'm particularly interested in seeing what restaurants commit. A little concerned that some of the smaller places in the Heights/Hillcrest area may be negatively impacted but on balance more competition for the dining dollar is good for the consumer.

PS. This site doesn't render correctly in Firefox.

I think Promenade will have mostly chains, not the locals places like Imagine and Crew that are more direct competition with Hillcrest and the Heights.

I'm not even sure the chains will be all that high end, we know Chili's is locating there and that's hardly upscale.

I live out there as well and I love driving by and seeing the construction. I think they really will be able to open in the Spring.

I think Promenade will have mostly chains, not the locals places like Imagine and Crew that are more direct competition with Hillcrest and the Heights.

I'm not even sure the chains will be all that high end, we know Chili's is locating there and that's hardly upscale.

Good point. Bravo would be a nice addition to take it toward the mid-high end.

Looks like they're making good progress, though probably not all that much this week due to the steady cold rain.

PS. As a sidebar, I really like Imagine. Haven't eaten at Crew largely because the menu looks like a traditional bar food menu. Recommended?

Edited by iMike

Good point. Bravo would be a nice addition to take it toward the mid-high end.

Looks like they're making good progress, though probably not all that much this week due to the steady cold rain.

PS. As a sidebar, I really like Imagine. Haven't eaten at Crew largely because the menu looks like a traditional bar food menu. Recommended?

Crew's definitely not bar food, the dinner menu is quite diverse and I've had 3-4 different entrees that were all good. The lunch menu is basically a soup/salad/sandwich menu. Prices are moderate for the quality. The bar is good but it is definitely secondary to the restaurant.

I agree about Imagine.

Ann taylor loft, Journeys, Finish Line, and American Eagle are now on the plumbing site so they are confirmed for the Promenade now. Anyone heard of any DEF. confirmations?

These stores are OK, but I am hoping for tenants that will be new to the market. Any new news on possible tenants?

On a side note, I was watching tv tonight and saw a commercial for a soccer tournament at Burns Park that was sponsered by Dick's Sporting Goods. I know they have been linked to the Promenade and I thought it was interesting that they were sponsering a local event without even having a store in the area. Maybe that means they are definately coming to the Promenade.