The Promenade At Chenal

17 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

White walking around Promenade over this past weekend, I noticed another larger store looks to be gone or maybe something else was going on with it. Maybe it was gone before and I just did not notice it, it was the store on the round about in the center of the complex across from the Jewelry store that recently closed (same side as Big Orange and  Bravo and circled below) not sure of the name. I noticed guys working on the front of the building at that location, almost looked like taking down the sign and filling the holes ect. Their map on their site is out of date as well as I am pretty sure Charming Charlie has been gone for a while. 

image.png.8eb68e829af93f25629871a5ce4b9cf9.png

-R

White House Black Market used to be there.   Don't know when it left though. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Does anyone know how’s the AMC Chenal 9 theater performing? There’s very little talk of the rebranded theater

Based on personal experience, it usually decently busy whenever I have gone to see a movie there.  I tend to not go to this theater unless it is for the specific purpose of the IMAX theater or if I am already at the Promenade anyway.  

• 1 month later...

I actually think this shopping center has accidentally  positioned itself really well for the future. More and more of these development are going to be restaurant and activity heavy. The foot traffic is incredible even on weeknights due to the collection of restaurants and the theater. I think they should work hard to add things like gyms, etc, and move all the way towards a lifestyle center with a smaller retail presence. 

Any word on what's going into the old Tavern location? They always seemed busy and there's a need in the market for that kind of restaurant - decent food but a great place to gather.

Sadly I have not heard of anything going in that spot which is a shame seeing as it is in a decent spot. Oddly I know one of the complaints some of the places that left Promenade over the last year made was lack of foot traffic during the week / earlier hours. Weekends did not seem to be an issue, add that with the leases being so high out there I imagine at some point they may have to change their vision for that center in order to attract new businesses. 

-R

On 5/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, SangreRaVen said:

Sadly I have not heard of anything going in that spot which is a shame seeing as it is in a decent spot. Oddly I know one of the complaints some of the places that left Promenade over the last year made was lack of foot traffic during the week / earlier hours. Weekends did not seem to be an issue, add that with the leases being so high out there I imagine at some point they may have to change their vision for that center in order to attract new businesses. 

-R

I think when they added HomeGoods, McDonald's and a Nike Outlet, they had changed their original vision. Remember, this center was theoretically for upscale companies like Coach, Banana Republic and Lucky. None of which ever made it.

17 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

I think when they added HomeGoods, McDonald's and a Nike Outlet, they had changed their original vision. Remember, this center was theoretically for upscale companies like Coach, Banana Republic and Lucky. None of which ever made it.

...and won't...retail as we've known it historically is imploding (in every market).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Looks like it's going to be an apartment complex according to Huffman's website.  Fitzroy Promenade. Not to be confused with Fitzroy Chenal...

Just noticed this while at the Promenade. I guess this isn’t surprising given the brick and mortar retail environment, but that parcel was originally slated for a department store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Dillard's. I don't think Macy's was ever tied to it.

You’re correct. Dillard’s was suppose to come to the Promenade but back out at the last minute. 

I’ve recently contact  mall management regarding new development at the center and was told that a tenant will anchor the shopping center on the Southwest Side of the shopping center across from Home Goods but could not released any other details at this time. I’m wonder what tenant could it be?

Edited by ecity3138

On 9/7/2019 at 11:20 PM, ecity3138 said:

You’re correct. Dillard’s was suppose to come to the Promenade but back out at the last minute. 

I’ve recently contact  mall management regarding new development at the center and was told that a tenant will anchor the shopping center on the Southwest Side of the shopping center across from Home Goods but could not released any other details at this time. I’m wonder what tenant could it be?

It's supposed to be a freestanding Japanese restaurant...cause there's not enough of those around already or anything....  But hey at least it's not another Mexican place, pizza joint, bank, or burger place.  It's also not 100% set in stone.  

I've often wondered - if the department store had taken that space, it would have been somewhat removed from the existing shops. Do you think there were initial plans to connect the existing road to the department store with another row of stores (so that it made a T shape that leads to the department store).

It's immaterial now, but just curious about what coudabeen

9 hours ago, LRretail said:

It's supposed to be a freestanding Japanese restaurant...cause there's not enough of those around already or anything....  But hey at least it's not another Mexican place, pizza joint, bank, or burger place.  It's also not 100% set in stone.  

Not too impressed with another Japanese restaurant. I was expecting something unique like Ruth Chris Steakhouse that was rumored to go in the former Del Frisco Grille.

• 1 month later...

Article on Rock City Eats mentions all three Ohia Poke locations including the one at Promenade have closed. I have never seen the other two but as for the one out at Promenade I can honestly say I am not surprised. I do not think I have ever seen anyone in the place eating nor do I know of anyone who has ever been in there.  The various times I have walked past it, the open sign was turned on but no one was inside or even at the counter so. I am sure the lease on this location was crazy as it was, cannot imagine how much money they lost with no real customer traffic coming in. 

https://www.rockcityeats.com/rumbles-food-hall-of-fame-nominations-ending-ohia-poke-closes/

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen