The Promenade At Chenal

Article on Rock City Eats mentions all three Ohia Poke locations including the one at Promenade have closed. I have never seen the other two but as for the one out at Promenade I can honestly say I am not surprised. I do not think I have ever seen anyone in the place eating nor do I know of anyone who has ever been in there.  The various times I have walked past it, the open sign was turned on but no one was inside or even at the counter so. I am sure the lease on this location was crazy as it was, cannot imagine how much money they lost with no real customer traffic coming in. 
https://www.rockcityeats.com/rumbles-food-hall-of-fame-nominations-ending-ohia-poke-closes/

-R

I’m not even sure what a Poke restaurant is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I realize this is anecdotal, but I’ll have to say, the center is always pretty busy...frankly it seems busier than it has in the past. However, it will forever (practically) have to overcome its relative isolation. Heck, maybe that was part of its original intent, as a high-end center serving its high-end demographic exclusively.

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t think it’s been mentioned, but the Promenade’s website lists a restaurant called Pies and Pints as coming soon. Not 100% sure where in the center it will be but I imagine it’ll be the old Tavern space. Looks nice. The Tavern was a great spot for casual drinks in WLR that didn’t close too early so hopefully it fills that void. 

Looks neat, I can see something like that working where the old Tavern was for sure, granted US Pizza is right across the street from it now.  I noticed on The Promenade website it listed "17815 Chenal Parkway, STE F 101 Little Rock, AR 72223" as the address for it. Building F houses Tavern and several other empty suites... but seeing as this looks like a sports bar it would make the most sense to take the old Tavern location seeing as that would have a kitchen, bar and restaurant space already established unlike the other suites.  

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed stories today of upper market retailer Lush locating to the Promenade.  This is good news for a center that is on a bit of life support.  However, I will disclose that the entire Chenal area is about to get very interesting with a bit of awesome news coming down the horizon over the next few months.  Although I'm uncertain of how this will fill the no less than four strips currently under construction along the westbound (home) side of Chenal.  There's some developers with some big balls betting huge on Chenal.  Only time will tell.  Lastly, I will say that if you're in the market to buy a home in the $350,000+ range and you don't buy one in Chenal or in WLR from Bowman on west you're just flat out making a bad mistake. 

• Like 1

Confirmed stories today of upper market retailer Lush locating to the Promenade.  This is good news for a center that is on a bit of life support.  However, I will disclose that the entire Chenal area is about to get very interesting with a bit of awesome news coming down the horizon over the next few months.  Although I'm uncertain of how this will fill the no less than four strips currently under construction along the westbound (home) side of Chenal.  There's some developers with some big balls betting huge on Chenal.  Only time will tell.  Lastly, I will say that if you're in the market to buy a home in the $350,000+ range and you don't buy one in Chenal or in WLR from Bowman on west you're just flat out making a bad mistake. 

Excited to see what’s planned! Regarding Lush, I’m not familiar with them - sounds like a big catch for LR?

On 2/12/2020 at 11:02 PM, LRretail said:

There’s a new neighborhood being developed across Kanis from Chenal Downs. It’s been cleared and they’re doing the dirt work now. I’d bet the houses will be in the $350k+ range. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 11:02 PM, LRretail said:

Bump. Wondering what the bit of awesome news is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 9:11 AM, LRretail said:

Yeah can’t go there yet.  Might be a few weeks.  But it’s definitely big news. Sorry for the suspense. 

Can you give all of us some relief from the hectic life and give a hint at what it is? It’s been a few weeks now. 

7 hours ago, Aleck said:

Can you give all of us some relief from the hectic life and give a hint at what it is? It’s been a few weeks now. 

I wonder if this is part of it or it in general: https://katv.com/news/local/amazon-buys-80-acre-site-in-little-rock 

Otherwise if its related to something else, who knows if its still happening on time or at all due to the COVID-19 stuff going on. 

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen

I wonder if this is part of it or it in general: https://katv.com/news/local/amazon-buys-80-acre-site-in-little-rock 
Otherwise if its related to something else, who knows if its still happening on time or at all due to the COVID-19 stuff going on. 

-R

No, because he inferred it would be a development in west Little Rock.