The Promenade At Chenal

On 4/8/2020 at 7:39 AM, SangreRaVen said:

Well then who knows and that's assuming it has not been delayed now. 

-R

My two guesses would be someone is going to develop the cleared hillside on Rahling, or the Rock Creek Commons is finally moving forward. I noticed that there is some white tape around several trees at the Rock Creek Commons property where the Kanis/Chenal intersection is. I think this is new, possibly marking which trees to keep when dirt work starts. 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:31 PM, SangreRaVen said:

Well the site plan calls for office buildings in addition to retail / restaurant. Maybe someone big is moving in :P

-R

There's now a sign at the front of the property as a notice for Rezoning request.  

2 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Sounds like something fell through then. 

-R

The development group has had it available for 3 years, and there has not been anyone come along with interest to do anything.  There was a "plan" that was more like a vision for what to be there, but nothing actually seriously planned to go there.  The website said its zoned for office, so there could be someone wanting mixed use, hotel, retail, or residential.  The website has designs with retail/apartments/hotel, so its likely that it has always been zoned office, and they haven't messed with getting it rezoned until someone came along with plans to build something.

• Like 2

Ahhhh, makes sense then but there is a lot of available retail space in that area and bound to be more after this COVID mess lessens some as a number of places will likely close for good. I will be curious to see what if anything happens in the foreseeable future with this spot.

-R 

• 2 weeks later...
Costco considering a location at Chenal and Kirk Road?  

'tis a rumor going around. 

Confirmed. Southwest corner of Kirk & Chenal/southeast corner of Kanis & Chenal. Site plans and renderings in the link below.

https://www.kark.com/news/breaking-news/costco-coming-to-little-rock/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to have been absent from this thread.  Information about Costco was the news that I was going to disclose at some point.  The planning commission apparently beat me to it as Costco and the property developers thought to keep it quiet until a little bit further down the path.  Things in Chenal looking to get interesting!  I welcome it.  Although I like Sam's very much, every Costco I've ever been to blows Sam's out of the water.  

• Like 1

I noticed it looks like Gearhead's is closing at this location, either that or they are remodeling. I was driving past there the other day and there was a big truck behind the building loading stuff up and the inside of the store looked like they were clearing things out. Anyone heard anything?

-R

4 hours ago, LRretail said:

Sorry to have been absent from this thread.  Information about Costco was the news that I was going to disclose at some point.  The planning commission apparently beat me to it as Costco and the property developers thought to keep it quiet until a little bit further down the path.  Things in Chenal looking to get interesting!  I welcome it.  Although I like Sam's very much, every Costco I've ever been to blows Sam's out of the water.  

Do you know what other sites they considered - either seriously or somewhat seriously?  Honestly, I wish it would have located at the old Sears site - MUCH better visibility and freeway access.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, Architect said:

Do you know what other sites they considered - either seriously or somewhat seriously?  Honestly, I wish it would have located at the old Sears site - MUCH better visibility and freeway access.

Great location but making a left turn heading north on University would have been insane.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, Architect said:

They’ve been working on this for about 5 years. Old summit mall location where Shackleford crossing is now as well as Hwy 10 and N Rodney Parham are a couple of sites. Old Sears location j think may have been considered but previous ownership was prohibitive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While passing through this complex yesterday I noticed the Nike store appears to be closed. The windows all had brown paper over them as did the doors and the store appeared to be shut down. Gearhead's is also for sure closed as the store is now empty looking inside but both of them still are listed on the website store directory for this shopping center. 

-R

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

While passing through this complex yesterday I noticed the Nike store appears to be closed. The windows all had brown paper over them as did the doors and the store appeared to be shut down. Gearhead's is also for sure closed as the store is now empty looking inside but both of them still are listed on the website store directory for this shopping center. 

-R

Yep.  The Nike store is no longer listed on the Nike website.  

The Gearhead store in the Promenade, as well as the Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Shreveport locations, are listed as "temporarily closed.  Other stores in the chain are listed as open.  

Edited by Arkanzin

Yep.  The Nike store is no longer listed on the Nike website.  
The Gearhead store in the Promenade, as well as the Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Shreveport locations, are listed as "temporarily closed.  Other stores in the chain are listed as open.  

Isn’t there still a Gearhead at Park Plaza? It moved to the exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/27/2020 at 6:17 AM, SangreRaVen said:

-R

Nike is consolidating their locations in the central Arkansas market to the location at the Outlet Mall. The store in the Promenade was technically an outlet store anyway; no sense in having two outlet stores 15 minutes away from each other, especially given the trajectory of brick-and-mortar retail that was going on before the large shutdowns and economic downturn of the last three months.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 5:53 AM, SangreRaVen said:

I walked up to the Gearhead's location and looked in the window, all the merch is gone for sure but there is still stuff inside that clearly belongs to the company. I wonder if they are using this time to do a remodel on the store or something. 

-R

I think Gearhead is remodeling and/or expanding. I remember when they closed the Park Plaza location, they sent out an email saying that they would be making the Promenade store “bigger and better.” 

Also, Sephora has applied for a plumbing permit at the Promenade. It says space G-109, which I think may be the center spot where White House Black Market was. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Aleck said:

There is work going on at the old Pei Wei location. Not sure if it was just normal maintenance or if someone is working on the inside.

There is also work going on around the Promenade. 

In between Aloft Hotel and Chenal Pines Retirement resort, they've started clearing some trees.

There's also dirt work going on next to the Perfect Vision HQ building.  

Anyone know what these are?

• 2 weeks later...