The Promenade At Chenal

• 3 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 9:13 AM, Arkanzin said:

It will be located where Charming Charlie was.  

So I don't live in Little Rock anymore and was looking for a map of the center on their website. They no longer have one, which I assume is because there is so much empty space and maps make that obvious. 

Can anyone tell me what holes exist in the center? If this replaces Charming Charlies, that helps. I know Bravo is gone. And the Paul's Shoes,/Just for Dogs corner is a big empty space. Aren't there still several spaces that have never been leased since the place opened, like near DSW.

Any guesses on the occupancy rate?

So I don't live in Little Rock anymore and was looking for a map of the center on their website. They no longer have one, which I assume is because there is so much empty space and maps make that obvious. 

Can anyone tell me what holes exist in the center? If this replaces Charming Charlies, that helps. I know Bravo is gone. And the Paul's Shoes,/Just for Dogs corner is a big empty space. Aren't there still several spaces that have never been leased since the place opened, like near DSW.

Any guesses on the occupancy rate?

I don’t sense there’s much open space, or any more than usual. The only thing that’s closed recently is the Nike store, and that’s only because it was/is duplicated at the Outlets of Little Rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

There are signs up indicating that Sephora is locating a store at the NE corner of the main circle/intersection in the Promenade. This, along with Urban Outfitter being added is a good sign for the center.

In a related matter, a newly constructed retail section was added to the south end on the west side of the main drive (opposite the back of Home Goods)...the stop signs in the north-south section were removed, essentially extending the center farther south.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:13 AM, Arkanzin said:

It will be located where Charming Charlie was.  

The plumbing permit says it will be in Suite H-117, which is an outparcel next to Gandolfo's Deli.  I'll admit, your suggestion sounds much more probable...surely they are locating it within the main shopping thoroughfare.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, Architect said:

The plumbing permit says it will be in Suite H-117, which is an outparcel next to Gandolfo's Deli.  I'll admit, your suggestion sounds much more probable...surely they are locating it within the main shopping thoroughfare.

According to NewMark's website and click on the leasing guide for H-117,  it is in the main shopping thoroughfare.  It's also marked as "Lease Pending."  

Newmark Promenade Leasing Guide

42 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

According to NewMark's website and click on the leasing guide for H-117,  it is in the main shopping thoroughfare.  It's also marked as "Lease Pending."  

Newmark Promenade Leasing Guide

When I look at H-117, it says "Available" in the interactive list (are you referring to the site plan where it says "Lease Pending"?).  I wonder which is more current.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone on Reddit is reporting that it looks like J. Crew is closing at the Promenade.  Coincidentally, I just bought some things there a few weeks ago, and it seemed fine then.  I'm a bit surprised, given the recent buzz of new openings at the center by new managing realtors Newmark Moses Tucker (Sephora, Urban Outfitters, etc).  Seems like a VERY odd time to close 1-1/2 weeks before Christmas.

On 12/16/2020 at 9:40 PM, Architect said:

Someone on Reddit is reporting that it looks like J. Crew is closing at the Promenade.  Coincidentally, I just bought some things there a few weeks ago, and it seemed fine then.  I'm a bit surprised, given the recent buzz of new openings at the center by new managing realtors Newmark Moses Tucker (Sephora, Urban Outfitters, etc).  Seems like a VERY odd time to close 1-1/2 weeks before Christmas.

That was me :)

when I was in there Wednesday they had small signs saying their last day was Jan 24.

They did file for bankruptcy earlier this year and seem to have come out of it. I think their focus will be more online and catalog for now though it seems.

2 hours ago, schwilj said:

That was me :)

when I was in there Wednesday they had small signs saying their last day was Jan 24.

They did file for bankruptcy earlier this year and seem to have come out of it. I think their focus will be more online and catalog for now though it seems.

I found an article that said post-bankruptcy, they were still planning on not renewing up to ±64 leases, so I presume this must be one of them - sadly (which is strange, given I think their relative success with Madewell at the Promenade, which is also a part of that retail group).

• 4 months later...

Just discovered that Madewell is closed, which is unfortunate…I think it was considered quite a “get” when it opened, as it’s only in larger markets. I think it’s part of the Anthropologie chain, which of course has a location at the Promenade. I guess it’s a COVID casualty.

Too bad it didn’t make it, along with J Crew, since some new stores are opening (Urban Outfitters, Sephora, etc.).

On 5/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, Architect said:

Just discovered that Madewell is closed, which is unfortunate…I think it was considered quite a “get” when it opened, as it’s only in larger markets. I think it’s part of the Anthropologie chain, which of course has a location at the Promenade. I guess it’s a COVID casualty.

Too bad it didn’t make it, along with J Crew, since some new stores are opening (Urban Outfitters, Sephora, etc.).

It is hard to get to the point to where you have the right mix for all to prosper these days. Clearly some stores gone could have benefitted from the new stores and vice versa. 

As a former Memphian and someone with family there.. I have seen upscale centers change over the years like I have seen with Saddle Creek. Saddle  reek keeps reinventing itself and stays nearly full. Now it has gain a Trader Joe's as the areas only one as a nearby neighbor along with A Container Store. Gone now is Lucky Jean's storefront.  It would be best suited for the outlet mall in Southhaven.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, Architect said:

Madewell is actually owned by J. Crew, both of which closed a lot of stores during bankruptcy. Still unfortunate, but makes a bit more sense given the overall struggles of the company. Anthropologie is owned by the same parent as Urban Outfitters, so their addition to the center surely indicates some level of success at the Anthropologie location.

Hopefully we don’t see anymore COVID casualties… I wonder if the pizza place (Pies & Pints, I believe) is still planned for the old Tavern spot?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Arkansas Money and Politics (AMP), is reporting that Sullivan's Steakhouse is coming to the Promenade.  The article states it will be over 9,000 SF, and AY Magazine is reporting that it will occupy the existing, free-standing building that originally house Del Frisco's.

https://armoneyandpolitics.com/sullivans-steakhouse-little-rock/

It will be the 14th location, and only one in Arkansas.

2 hours ago, Architect said:

Arkansas Money and Politics (AMP), is reporting that Sullivan's Steakhouse is coming to the Promenade.  The article states it will be over 9,000 SF, and AY Magazine is reporting that it will occupy the existing, free-standing building that originally house Del Frisco's.

https://armoneyandpolitics.com/sullivans-steakhouse-little-rock/

It will be the 14th location, and only one in Arkansas.

Seems like I recall Pies & Pints opening in the Promenade some time ago.  Has that gone kaput?