Colorado Photo of the Day

RestedTraveler

Yes. Monument Valley Park.

from springsgov.com

Monument Valley Park was among General Palmer's most treasured gifts to the people of Colorado Springs. Between 1904 and 1907 two miles next to Monument Creek became a "park for the people" with elegant gardens, winding walks, bridged ponds, a tennis court, playgrounds and an arboretum displaying Colorado tree and shrub species and Palmer's Colorado Wildflower Garden.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scenes like this makes me long for the peaceful country, the slower pace, & less daily urban grind & unrest...Is one's imagination greater in the country & dreams more vivid? I wonder...Whatever. You're perfect for Colorado. Location, doesn't matter.

Edited by Zahc

Thanks, Zahc! Ironically enough, one of the reasons we're moving to Denver is to be in a more urban setting than what we have here; however, at the same time, I realize that an escape from urban grind isn't far out of reach there. I'm certainly looking forward to targeting some of this amazing natural beauty with my own lenses...as well as the urban scenes, such as this one by Patrick Boury from there in your city.

2097813157_1e55ab6db6_o.jpg

Photo Attribution under Creative Commons

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...