Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firefox

S.C. BlueCross unit to cut 700 jobs

7 posts in this topic

S.C. BlueCross unit to cut 700 jobs

Medicare subsidiary coping with loss of two major contracts

A key BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina subsidiary will lay off about 700 employees

Definitely NOT good news. This makes landing the Google facility much more important. It will help the job figure in the long run.

I may be out of the loop here, but I thought NC landed that Google Center? I don't really read any of the posts in the NC forum but I have seen them talk about it.

There was never any one Google center out there that was up for grabs. Google made it clear several times that they were considering several sites, and they have confirmed that they have an interest in sites in Berkeley and Richland counties.

While I am sure you know i am pro Richland I would like to see Berkely get the site to help that county. Now would be the time for Sandfart to get off his dead ass and do something so we are awarded this thing.

While I am sure you know i am pro Richland I would like to see Berkely get the site to help that county. Now would be the time for Sandfart to get off his dead ass and do something so we are awarded this thing.