Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Power Supplier moves to downtown

11 posts in this topic

FirstLight Power Resources, the company that bought Northeast Utilities Power Plants, is moving it's headquarters from Rocky Hill to Hartford, in the Stilts building. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come....

Take that, Rocky Hill!!!

Story about this on Fox61news at 10 last night.

They also had a good story about downtown hartford retail compared to buckland/west hartford

FirstLight Power Resources, the company that bought Northeast Utilities Power Plants, is moving it's headquarters from Rocky Hill to Hartford, in the Stilts building. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come....

Take that, Rocky Hill!!!

Excellent news indeed. Glad to see the Stilts building is finally starting to fill up.

Take that, Rocky Hill!!!

I think Bank of America is also adding more to their downtown location.

Sweet! That's great news!

(And see you guys thought I was a sprawl supporter. ;) )

I think Bank of America is also adding more to their downtown location.

Good news! Now if we could just get some real momentum going we can start replacing what Mass Mutual and WFSB have taken away. We already know Aetna will reoccupy the tower building on Farmington, so ING is really not that much of a loss. If we can retain Metlife then I'd say we're doing OK. Remember Travelers is still adding 500 jobs Downtown as well. Things are moving along. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Metlife and the city can work something out.

MetLife is HUGE. This should be an imperative for Perez.

Also, I agree WFSB is a really big loss, and if I were part of the city government, I would be pursuing every possible angle toward getting WVIT to leave W. Hartford.

Me too. That would be great. I'd be happy if Fox61 increased it's news programming for the evenings and mornings as well.