Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeeper12

Reed Chevrolet Demo

11 posts in this topic

The demo is well underway on the westernmost building. I had hoped these dealerships would remain (mostly unimproved) until the land values justified a move of the business and a redevelopment of the site to something much more intense (and mixed). If they are simply going to build new dealership buildings I'm afraid the future for this very interesting corridor may not be so bright after all. Mr. Palmer should be very interested in their plans.

I noted the demo a few weeks ago. I too am curious as to what will come of this. Someone commented that they were just removing/demolishing for possible future plans but nothing had been confirmed, discussed, or proposed.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that they're clearing space for a parking lot.

Brain, you can be a betting man, but I'll be the dreaming man. Perhaps they're clearing out a place to build something to house what they use on Church street as secondary showrooms. Those beautiful old buildings on Church deserve much better than a showcase window for a Tahoe. The Church District is prime for revitalization and certainly like to see these classic street front brick buildings better utilized with a bit of eclectic pizzazz than what is basically a garage. Just a thought, just a hunch, just a hope. The value on Church is escalating dramatically, so who knows.

^ Yes, those old warehouses on Church are priceless. The one you mention and the one at 17th Ave across from the Bank of America building. I'd like to see new life in them.

Hmmmm, the entire Subaru dealership is gone now. Wonder what gives? Let's call 'em.

okay, five minutes later:

I just called and the receptionist said a new building was going up on the corner. She couldn't answer my question about street front, but said the crews were putting up a billboard as we speak with a rendering. Someone quick, get over there, let us know. I'm holding my breath....cautiously. We can only hope they'll extend the street-side display windows as in the other buildings and put the parking in the back.

....looking for my car keys.

I was just by there earlier tonight and it was totally leveled....but no rendering. They had in the windows Hyundai, and I don't thinkn it was a Hyundai dealer before.....so maybe it's going to be a new dealership? Not a huge step up, but you never know.

So far the "parking lot" concept prevails. Cars moved in as fast as the dump trucks moved out !

Midtown

Thanks for the not so great info, MidTown. And welcome to our forum!

The corner where the demolition was will have the new building for Hyundai. I believe it will come to the street. There's a large billboard on the lot closest to the loop with a rendering, but it's a bit hard to determine the exact look. I'll take another look this weekend when traffic will let me take my eyes "off" the road.

As old as you are Dave, better not take your eyes off the road. Maybe you can just park and walk overthere. I think there is a handicap space close by. :lol::o:shok:

By the way did you ever find your car keys. :lol: