Mardi Gras Pictures

byrde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! Thanks for making this thread, byrde! :) Now I can't wait to share my photos. I'm at the office now, and on the way here I drove down the Shreveport parkway. It's like a 3-mile long tailgate party, and it was only 9:00 am. I'm probably going to have to park in Bossier and walk across the bridge just to enjoy the parade.

I saw those girls on top of that ride. They were loud and wild, they forgot to show us something....

BR has more than the Spanish Town parade now, hopefully soon the city will start celebrating mardi gras day.

oh yea and I don't know whats up with the net tonight, my comp is moving in slow mo now, I done everything including a defrag. its still louisiana slow.

I saw those girls on top of that ride. They were loud and wild, they forgot to show us something....

BR has more than the Spanish Town parade now, hopefully soon the city will start celebrating mardi gras day.

oh yea and I don't know whats up with the net tonight, my comp is moving in slow mo now, I done everything including a defrag. its still louisiana slow.

I'd love to be able to celebrate Mardi Gras in BR on Fat Tuesday. I always roll over to Lafayette to enjoy their parades on Mardi Gras Day.

The parades this year have been very good. It would have been great if we could have Jupiter roll between the Mystique and the Orion parades. The crowd last night for Orion was the largest I've seen for a BR parade other than Spanish Town.

Thunder, there's something going on with your pics. They are taking forever to load.

Here are just a handful of my 500+ photos from this weekend. These are all I've processed so far. I was near the beginning of the Centaur parade, so it was daylight. I probably won't have any good nighttime parade photos until the Aesclepius parade on Fat Tuesday. I MIGHT get some nighttime photos during Gemini and Highland next weekend, but I'm not sure yet.

Krewe of Centaur, Shreveport

388822767_40a32d2c54_b.jpg

388822771_6684a84f7c_b.jpg

388822776_1e2c5dcc47_b.jpg

388822778_aeb5e45e04_b.jpg

388822781_41583f40d7_b.jpg

388822762_723f3c3d28_b.jpg

Krewe of Barkus & Meoux pet parade, Shreveport

388793317_0b232eafd0_b.jpg

387438538_fc6038b426_b.jpg

Great Pics SBC. We also have a pet parade. Ours is call the Krewe of Mystic Mutts.

Haha great name! :) I believe New Orleans has a Barkus parade as well.

It was a lot of fun... more fun than I thought I'd have around a bunch of pets in costume. There were ponies, miniature ponies, a mule, a monkey, a great dane with an afro, a group of Boxer dogs wearing boxer shorts... lol

Great looking pictures, guys! I'll be all over the place for Mardi Gras in New Orleans this weekend and on in to Fat Tuesday. Here are some of the major parades I'm planning to attend:

Saturday

• Endymion

Sunday

• Bacchus

Monday

• Orpheus

Fat Tuesday

• Zulu
  • Rex

I believe New Orleans has a Barkus parade as well.

Yes indeed, Brian. Barkus rolled through the French Quarter this past Sunday.

Great looking pictures, guys! I'll be all over the place for Mardi Gras in New Orleans this weekend and on in to Fat Tuesday. Here are some of the major parades I'm planning to attend:

Saturday

• Endymion

Sunday

• Bacchus

Monday

• Orpheus

Fat Tuesday

• Zulu
  • Rex

Cool, dude! So can we expect photos? :) It's not Mardi Gras without NEW ORLEANS represented!!

Yes indeed, Brian. Barkus rolled through the French Quarter this past Sunday.

I thought so. That's the same day ours was held on. I've always assumed Barkus was a play on Bacchus.

a few photo's from Baton Rouge's last 2007 Mardi Gras parade

Cool photos... but surely it's not over already for '07??

We still have Gemini tonight, Highland tomorrow, and Aesclepius on Tuesday. Man, I'd think with Baton Rouge being so close to New Orleans that they'd have parades all the way up to Fat Tuesday.

We still have Gemini tonight, Highland tomorrow, and Aesclepius on Tuesday. Man, I'd think with Baton Rouge being so close to New Orleans that they'd have parades all the way up to Fat Tuesday.

I don't know why BR finishes up sp early, but I can't find anymore big parades in BR city. I always though Spanish Town brought it all to an end for this city.

I don't know why BR finishes up sp early, but I can't find anymore big parades in BR city. I always though Spanish Town brought it all to an end for this city.

Still looks like quite a few people turn out for the parades there. It's much more popular up here than you'd ever imagine. We typically average about 500,000 people at our parades... this year they were expecting around 600,000. I'd say they probably got it. It was wild where we were tonight. My wife stepped on an empty bottle of Seagram's Gin and we kept kicking beer bottles and cans around in the dark. After being in the area we were in tonight, with houses all around and people all crammed into one area (the parade route is about 4-5 miles long and we were only in a small area) I could only imagine what Bourbon Street must be like during Mardi Gras! Bourbon is wild enough on a normal night...

I could only imagine what Bourbon Street must be like during Mardi Gras! Bourbon is wild enough on a normal night...

Oh wow, it's not even walkable at the moment. Thousands and thousands of people on every corner of the street. Young people, old people, gay people, straight people, drunk people, (a couple) sober people, and on and on. That's why I love it. :lol:

I'll post the "Bourbon Cam" from NOLA.com, to show you guys what's going on right now.

Oh wow, it's not even walkable at the moment. Thousands and thousands of people on every corner of the street. Young people, old people, gay people, straight people, drunk people, (a couple) sober people, and on and on. That's why I love it. :lol:

I'll post the "Bourbon Cam" from NOLA.com, to show you guys what's going on right now.

Oh yeah I love the BourboCam at Mardi Gras time!!! :D

Yes it's over for BR. The next few days we go to N.O., Lafayette, Houma or New Roads. I don't think any BR Krewes want to compete with the big boys in N.O. and Cajun Country.

Archived