Mardi Gras Pictures

byrde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, I had no idea. That's really cool to know, though... I think I'll check theirs out sometime. Lafayette isn't a long drive for me, so perhaps I'll try that next year.

Yes, Lafayette is actually a major Mardi Gras city. And as Byrde mentioned, the celebration there is second to only New Orleans in Louisiana. I highly recommend checking it out, as it's quite an interesting cultural celebration throughout Cajun Country.

These were all great, byrde. In that last one, however, it was quite ironic to have a clown face float in front of a McDonald's sign! :)

Don't you have a Rebel XT or a 30D?

I thought it would be a cool shot when I saw the clown coming down the street.

I have a Minolta Maxxum 5D. Minolta sold their photo business to Sony. The Sony Alpha 100 is the new version of my camera.

I thought it would be a cool shot when I saw the clown coming down the street.

I have a Minolta Maxxum 5D. Minolta sold their photo business to Sony. The Sony Alpha 100 is the new version of my camera.

I don't know why I thought you had a Canon. Weird. The Sony Alpha is supposed to be a good camera, and I'm very familiar with Minolta.

I like the William Jefferson frozen assets donation box :lol:

That's neat to see tiny St.Gabriel.

You know the signs on Spanish Town floats can be rather raunchy. There were a couple I took that I could not post to UP.

You can see them at the links below. They really took some shots at Gov. Blanco.

http://singbyrde.smugmug.com/gallery/24295...14560#130314578

http://singbyrde.smugmug.com/gallery/24295...14560#130314622

http://singbyrde.smugmug.com/gallery/24295...14560#130314661

On the pic with Blanco, the caption reads, Louisiana, on the road ho. :whistling:

Okay, so I've finally gotten around to processing some more photos. These are all from Saturday night's Krewe of Gemini parade. At this parade I was near the end, in an area of Shreveport called the Duck Pond. It was dark when it got to us, so I finally got to take some night time Mardi Gras photos! I should be able to get some more night time shots on Fat Tuesday!

394934922_5e79dc8193.jpg

394934440_c18c7adf98.jpg

394934198_29e78ca283.jpg

394930348_f0a731ec9f.jpg

394933002_2246f05523.jpg

394928974_dc89e0b077.jpg

394927949_e7c1e27c5c.jpg

394919494_d1a1deede8.jpg

394919681_e787578d8e.jpg

394919210_e64c21a6d0.jpg

394918943_a11997f4a4.jpg

394918170_e9d34b4970.jpg

394917599_1654fd1ad3.jpg

394911907_793a7698fb.jpg

394912212_1aa0424ad4.jpg

394911384_3c781c5c9b.jpg

394911031_94729f4838.jpg

394910652_44effd8771.jpg

394909922_7cee8646ff.jpg

394909413_9bc66bb5ee.jpg

Okay, so I've finally gotten around to processing some more photos. These are all from Saturday night's Krewe of Gemini parade. At this parade I was near the end, in an area of Shreveport called the Duck Pond. It was dark when it got to us, so I finally got to take some night time Mardi Gras photos! I should be able to get some more night time shots on Fat Tuesday!

394911907_793a7698fb.jpg

Good job with the night time pics. They can be rather tricky.

I really like the bull.

Thank you very much for posting the Cajun Country Mardi Gras pictures, bryde! I haven't been over there for Mardi Gras in years, so it's nice to see some views from that celebration. It looks like you had some pretty crappy photography weather over there as well. We had the same luck in New Orleans.

Yes, that's right, I headed Uptown to see the Krewe of Rex this morning, and I brought my camera. Brian said a few days ago in another thread that it just isn't Mardi Gras without New Orleans, and I agreed. I've got about 50 photos to upload to my Flickr, and once that's done, I'll share some of my favorites here. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for posting the Cajun Country Mardi Gras pictures, bryde! I haven't been over there for Mardi Gras in years, so it's nice to see some views from that celebration. It looks like you had some pretty crappy photography weather over there as well. We had the same luck in New Orleans.

Yes, that's right, I headed Uptown to see the Krewe of Rex this morning, and I brought my camera. Brian said a few days ago in another thread that it just isn't Mardi Gras without New Orleans, and I agreed. I've got about 50 photos to upload to my Flickr, and once that's done, I'll share some of my favorites here. :thumbsup:

It was warm, but stayed cloudy. I did the best I could. Lafayette is a fun Mardi Gras Celebration. You guys can view all 249 of my Mardi Gras Pics here: http://singbyrde.smugmug.com/gallery/2429527

Great shots today from New Orleans and Lafayette!

I, too, attended a Fat Tuesday parade today, down on the Boardwalk. This was supposedly the most family-oriented of all our parades, but I actually liked this one the least. Everyone was extremely pushy and rude, it was extremely ghetto, and it was not family-oriented at all. I thought I was going to have to kick an old lady's butt, because no matter how nice I was to her, she continued to be a royal byotch. Had I not been carrying my expensive equipment with me, I wouldn't have been nearly as nice. Don't glare at me unless you want your glasses crammed down your throat. Stupid, inbred people. There were so many people I would have loved to have beat down tonight.

Anyway, sorry, I get carried away sometimes. I really was pissed off, though. Woob, from the Shreveport-Bossier forum, joined me down there and the two of us had a good time shooting together as we always do, but the other people down there tonight were just horrible.

I think I got some decent shots, though, but I guess I'll see once I finally get a chance to go through them.

...until Midnight... Happy Mardi Gras! :)

Just wanted to throw out some early attendance and money stats from Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The official attendance of 2007's Carnival season has not been calculated yet, but it is estimated that over 1,000,000 people visited Bourbon Street alone this season, and well over $1 billion was pumped into the city's economy. This was an absolutely fantastic Mardi Gras, and everyone in the city is benefiting. Bars were running out of booze, all the hotels have been booked up for days, the streets have been packed, shops, restuarants, museums, etc. have been packed with tourists, and even the cab drivers have been having some serious business. I talked to all kinds of tourists in the Quarter today, and all I heard was "New Orleans is back.," and it was definately great. New Orleans may not be completely back physically, but that famous "New Orleans experience," the lore of this place, is most definately back. :D

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone!

Archived