Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

achtuleba

Concord Rd. construction - Chattanooga

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is being built off Concord Rd. near the I-75 & 153 exit? Looks as though it may some type of townhomes.

Does anyone know what is being built off Concord Rd. near the I-75 & 153 exit? Looks as though it may some type of townhomes.

It is an R-2 PUD for condominums. It is supposed to be called "The Palms". 88 Units at 8 units per acre gross.

cool thanks for the info. do you anything about that tract of land on E. Brainerd road that was cleared a couple of years ago, across the street from the Concord Apts?? Is it for sale?

That land was apparently illegally cleared by the owner and it has stood barren since that time. The current proposal is for condominiums in an R-2 PUD. The 'R-2' part upset several neighbors with concerns of density. The site has problems...that's why it is still vacant today. The odd slope makes for a difficult site plan. Underground parking as proposed is turning out to be very expensive...perhaps too expensive for the developer who wanted to buy it. In the meantime, the scrub will green up in another month. I don't know if it is still for sale.

Hey, Hankster, my wife has a cousing who lives out in E. Brainerd at the Mountains Shadows area. That's a pretty area. You'd be sitting pretty if Toyota moves in. Sorry for getting off topic.