I'm still wondering...why no Trader Joes...

misskelliecmu

I'm on the NE side and Knapp Meijer is my regular stop. They have whole wheat pastas, but not whole wheat couscous and no brown basmati. I haven't been able to find those two things other places and the whole wheat pasta at TJ's is organic and cheaper than most name brands (though I did see Meijer just came out with their own ww pasta line).

I also wish we would get a place that sold flour and other whole grain items in bulk (flours, wheat bran, oat bran, flax, bulgar, quinoa, wheat berries, etc). I know TJ's does not have that, but Whole Foods does (even though in general WF is very pricey).

Anyway, I usually plan a foodie trip to Ann Arbor and throw in a trip to TJ's, Zingerman's, and one of the cool restaurants there. I have friends there too so it's usally an entire day. I don't think I would drive for the sole purpose of ww couscous. ;)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on the NE side and Knapp Meijer is my regular stop. They have whole wheat pastas, but not whole wheat couscous and no brown basmati. I haven't been able to find those two things other places and the whole wheat pasta at TJ's is organic and cheaper than most name brands (though I did see Meijer just came out with their own ww pasta line).

I also wish we would get a place that sold flour and other whole grain items in bulk (flours, wheat bran, oat bran, flax, bulgar, quinoa, wheat berries, etc). I know TJ's does not have that, but Whole Foods does (even though in general WF is very pricey).

Anyway, I usually plan a foodie trip to Ann Arbor and throw in a trip to TJ's, Zingerman's, and one of the cool restaurants there. I have friends there too so it's usally an entire day. I don't think I would drive for the sole purpose of ww couscous. ;)

You can get bulk items at Harvest Health, they are measured and bagged in the back and you can request whatever amount you like. Also, the Knapp Meijer and more so the Leonard & Fuller Meijer are carrying more and more organics. It certainly is not cost effective to drive 2 hours each way to save a few dollars. And, yes, I have too bought couscous from Meijer.

Archived