Australian PM criticizes Barack Obama

MadVlad

Australian PM John Howard just criticized Barack Obama's stance for pulling the troops out of Iraq on a given date. "I think that will just encourage those who want to completely destabilize and destroy Iraq, and create chaos and a victory for the terrorists to hang on and hope for an Obama victory," Howard said on Nine Network television. Funny how Howard can criticize a country that has tens (hundreds?) of thousands of troops in Iraq, yet only sends 1,400 Australian troops there for largely non-combat roles. Maybe if it meant so much to him, he should send more of his own troops....

John Howard loves Bush!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Howard is Tony Blair lite. He's about as loyal to Bush and his war as a foreign head of state can get, so its really no surprise he's attacking critics of the war.

1400 troops is a substantial committment for a country with an army of only 25k or so total personnel. It certainly earns the PM the right to express an opinion on the war, even if that opinion is outdated. Rather than contributing more troops, the prudent thing for the Australians to do would be to pull out, as have most other members of the 'coalition.'

Who cares? Why is Barack Obama being criticized considered news? Howard doesn't like Obama...again I say who cares.

I am frustrated with the news. So much of it seems to fall in the 'of course' category. It irritates me that the obvious gets headline status. Or it falls into the 'who cares' category like the Howard stuff.

Where is the news?

Archived