Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pcdoctor

Question for those who live in the condo buildings

7 posts in this topic

I have a question for those of you who live in Union Square, Boardwalk, Cityview, and some of those other condominiums. Do you have a problem with fire alarms going off at all in those buildings? And if so, how often does it usually happen and what causes them to go off? When the alarms sound, do you evacuate? I hope you do. It would suck for the alarms to be going off at 3AM.

I have a question for those of you who live in Union Square, Boardwalk, Cityview, and some of those other condominiums. Do you have a problem with fire alarms going off at all in those buildings? And if so, how often does it usually happen and what causes them to go off? When the alarms sound, do you evacuate? I hope you do. It would suck for the alarms to be going off at 3AM.

Here at Boardwalk, alarm went off at 3 AM once (in 5 months). A handful of people were outside when I exited. According to management, some youth from outside were in the building, and pulled the alarm.

I have been at hotels when alarms sound and hardly anyone evacuates the building. Amazing! I guess people forget the lesson learned at the WTC on Sept. 11.

It could be because a lot of those people assume it's either a false alarm or just testing the alarms. But does the alarm go off every now and then and if they have to test the alarm, are all residents usually notified?

Here at Boardwalk, alarm went off at 3 AM once (in 5 months). A handful of people were outside when I exited. According to management, some youth from outside were in the building, and pulled the alarm.

I have been at hotels when alarms sound and hardly anyone evacuates the building. Amazing! I guess people forget the lesson learned at the WTC on Sept. 11.

I go to school at Cooley. We had two fire alarms in two weeks. One was a drill. We didn't know about the other one. The noise from the alarm was so piercing that it would have been stupid to stay inside.

But we all evacuated b/c you just never know and with these old buildings there's no sense taking a chance.

When I lived in Secchia Hall on GVSU's downtown campus the alarm was so loud it was almost painful to stay inside. The alarm was pulled probably at least 6 times in the 3 years I lived there. I would expect a condo to have more courteous residents than typical students.