A few shots of Hartwell

suburban george3

I was in Hartwell with work recently and took a few snapshots around the courthouse. There is more to see there than the pics I took. I really like this town and imagine it would be a great place to raise a family or retire. Lake Hartwell being close by helps a lot too!

P1310121.jpg

P1310120.jpg

P1310119.jpg

P1310118.jpg

The county courthouse which replaced the old courthouse which burned down.

P1310117.jpg

P1310116.jpg

P1310115.jpg

There's a lot more to see in Hartwell; beautiful homes, churches, and natural scenery as well! Hope you enjoyed!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartwell is a beautiful community. My Dad's family lives there. Most of his side are dispersed in the Hartwell/Toccoa region. My grandfather moved to Statesboro to attend Georgia Teachers College - now GSU. Hartwell has a lot of potential, but we need to make sure they develop it sensibly while being a progressive community. There will be a struggle for a balance in growth when Hartwell starts booming. I can see it emerge as a resort community, perhaps even a development corridor between Anderson, SC and Hartwell coming into play.

Do you have any photos of the Walgreens in downtown. Someone else posted that they tore out some nice historical property and built a tacky Walgreens that doesnt go with the rest of downtown. What do you think?

Andremurra, I was in Hartwell today and stopped and grabbed a few pics of the CVS right behind the County Courthouse downtown.

P2140132.jpg

P2140134.jpg

P2140138.jpg

At least they're building this fairly attractive structure across the street...

P2140133.jpg

They're also getting a newer, bigger Ingles

P2140141.jpg

I also took a couple of extra pics while I was there..

The post office...

P2140139.jpg

First Baptist Church...

P2140137.jpg

First Methodist Church...

P2140135.jpg

A couple of older homes...

P2140136.jpg

P2140140.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed!

Im really suprised they let this CVS go up Downtown. I dont care if it is brimmed with gold it is damn tacky to have a CVS with a big parking lot in the MIDDLE of Downtown Hartwell. It replaced a beautiful little neglected strip of retail probably from the 1920's with an old movie theater and several shops.

Archived