Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

citykidd

Seafood restaurants around the Triad

22 posts in this topic

I saw an ad on t.v. for Libby Hill, and it reminded of my love for good seafood. Can you think of any other good seafood restaurants around the Triad?

I saw an ad on t.v. for Libby Hill, and it reminded of my love for good seafood. Can you think of any other good seafood restaurants around the Triad?

Full Moon Oyster Bar in Lewisville right outside Winston-Salem and Jimmy's on Stratford Rd. in Winston-Salem. Both are excellent places. Also, Capt. Steven's Seafood in N. Davidson County is pretty tasty as well. :thumbsup:

There's the Tides Inn on High Point Rd. in Greensboro and Dockside in Clemmons. Both of those are my favorites.

I just love Red Lobster. The only thing is that they are usally packed on the weekends

Here's another vote for Bert's. Best I've had in GSO.

Mahi's on Lawndale has been around for some time. Not my fav, but my girlfriend likes it.

We don't go to High Point often, but did like a place on Samet Drive that I believe was called Aquarius. It was there that I discovered the wonder of garlic butter on corn bread. Couldn't find 'em via google, so I'm not sure if they're still around.

Here's another vote for Bert's. Best I've had in GSO.

Mahi's on Lawndale has been around for some time. Not my fav, but my girlfriend likes it.

We don't go to High Point often, but did like a place on Samet Drive that I believe was called Aquarius. It was there that I discovered the wonder of garlic butter on corn bread. Couldn't find 'em via google, so I'm not sure if they're still around.

anybody ever try the Under Current in downtown Greensboro? its sort of an upscale seafood type restaurant.

anybody ever try the Under Current in downtown Greensboro? its sort of an upscale seafood type restaurant.

I went to Under Current a long time ago when they were downtown and it was pretty good but that was when when Greensboro had very few fining dining establishments except for the overpriced and overhyped Nobles.

Yea I kind like Under Currents new location. Its very close to the ballpark and that end of downtown needs more restaurants. I know there is a few like the Smith Street Diner and Acroplis, a greek restaurant across the street from First Horizon Park.

Yea I kind like Under Currents new location. Its very close to the ballpark and that end of downtown needs more restaurants. I know there is a few like the Smith Street Diner and Acroplis, a greek restaurant across the street from First Horizon Park.

This thread inspired my palate. Went to Bert's tonight and had a delightful scallop & bacon bisque and salmon.

Full Moon Oyster Bar in Lewisville right outside Winston-Salem and Jimmy's on Stratford Rd. in Winston-Salem. Both are excellent places. Also, Capt. Steven's Seafood in N. Davidson County is pretty tasty as well. :thumbsup:

I will have to cast my vote for Captain Tom's Seafood. It is located near Staley, NC (Randolph Co.) about 3 miles off Hwy 421 South. High grade seafood! I don't know what kind of connections he has in the seafood industry, but great quality and they

pile it on your plate! Great, relaxed atmosphere and out in the sticks!...about 35 miles South of Greensboro and worth the drive.

I'm not sure, but I think this same guy use to own a Capt. Tom's in Kernersville??

I will have to cast my vote for Captain Tom's Seafood. It is located near Staley, NC (Randolph Co.) about 3 miles off Hwy 421 South. High grade seafood! I don't know what kind of connections he has in the seafood industry, but great quality and they

pile it on your plate! Great, relaxed atmosphere and out in the sticks!...about 35 miles South of Greensboro and worth the drive.

I'm not sure, but I think this same guy use to own a Capt. Tom's in Kernersville??

Libby Hill, good? :shok:

I like cheap fast food seafood like Cap Dees and Long John Silvers, but Libby Hill is gadawful. Never fails to give me very sore stomach afterwards. :wacko:

There are certainly some interesting choices around the Triad. I used to say that Bert's was one of the best but since they moved to Market Street it has gone down hill. Service has gotten awful and the quality of the food is not as good. I think the restaurant has too many tables for the kitchen to keep up with. http://www.bertsseafood.com/

I will say I've had some hit or miss meals at Aquaria in High Point but my overall experience there has been good, the menu can be found here http://www.giannosaquaria.com/ (yes it's owned by the same people who own Giannos in High Point).

1618 West Seafood Grille is a decent choice as well although the service is lacking and overall the staff isn't usually very friendly the food is very good. Couldn't find a website.

And while I always hesitate to suggest a "chain" restaurant I will safely say that the best seafood I've had in a restaurant in Greensboro has been at Bonefish Grill near Four Seasons Town Centre. They are owned by the Outback company but the food is always fresh, is cooked perfectly and the service has always been great. http://www.bonefishgrill.com/home.asp