Seafood restaurants around the Triad

citykidd

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another vote for Bert's. Best I've had in GSO.

Mahi's on Lawndale has been around for some time. Not my fav, but my girlfriend likes it.

We don't go to High Point often, but did like a place on Samet Drive that I believe was called Aquarius. It was there that I discovered the wonder of garlic butter on corn bread. Couldn't find 'em via google, so I'm not sure if they're still around.

Here's another vote for Bert's. Best I've had in GSO.

Mahi's on Lawndale has been around for some time. Not my fav, but my girlfriend likes it.

We don't go to High Point often, but did like a place on Samet Drive that I believe was called Aquarius. It was there that I discovered the wonder of garlic butter on corn bread. Couldn't find 'em via google, so I'm not sure if they're still around.

I will have to cast my vote for Captain Tom's Seafood. It is located near Staley, NC (Randolph Co.) about 3 miles off Hwy 421 South. High grade seafood! I don't know what kind of connections he has in the seafood industry, but great quality and they

pile it on your plate! Great, relaxed atmosphere and out in the sticks!...about 35 miles South of Greensboro and worth the drive.

I'm not sure, but I think this same guy use to own a Capt. Tom's in Kernersville??

• 5 months later...
I will have to cast my vote for Captain Tom's Seafood. It is located near Staley, NC (Randolph Co.) about 3 miles off Hwy 421 South. High grade seafood! I don't know what kind of connections he has in the seafood industry, but great quality and they

pile it on your plate! Great, relaxed atmosphere and out in the sticks!...about 35 miles South of Greensboro and worth the drive.

I'm not sure, but I think this same guy use to own a Capt. Tom's in Kernersville??

• 2 weeks later...

There are certainly some interesting choices around the Triad. I used to say that Bert's was one of the best but since they moved to Market Street it has gone down hill. Service has gotten awful and the quality of the food is not as good. I think the restaurant has too many tables for the kitchen to keep up with. http://www.bertsseafood.com/

I will say I've had some hit or miss meals at Aquaria in High Point but my overall experience there has been good, the menu can be found here http://www.giannosaquaria.com/ (yes it's owned by the same people who own Giannos in High Point).

1618 West Seafood Grille is a decent choice as well although the service is lacking and overall the staff isn't usually very friendly the food is very good. Couldn't find a website.

And while I always hesitate to suggest a "chain" restaurant I will safely say that the best seafood I've had in a restaurant in Greensboro has been at Bonefish Grill near Four Seasons Town Centre. They are owned by the Outback company but the food is always fresh, is cooked perfectly and the service has always been great. http://www.bonefishgrill.com/home.asp

Archived