Cable Trouble

megk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have Cox digital cable, telephone and internet service and all 3 suffer from RF interference from the ham radio operater who lives across the hall from me. Much too close. I could not hold a telephone conversation during the morning hours when he was transmitting. I never had any problems that I can remember untill I upgraded to digital service. I left a note on my neighbors door, who basically ignored it, and contacted the FCC to file a complaint which turned out to be a waste of time. I suppose I could climb atop his balcony and cut his coaxial wires. :ph34r:

Does anyone get Verizon yet? God I can't wait to get rid of Coxopoly.. I called verizon, and they said they only offer service within 3 miles of Broad Street. I am within that, but they don't offer service.. Typical RI huh.. Verizon comes to town but offers service only within a 15 minute walk I guess from their central office.. Anything longer is a dial up... :rolleyes:

Update

My Cox installation went off without a hitch. The 1081i is superb, the cable high-speed is faster than my old DSL, and the phone is...well...a phone. The install was done in about an hour and a half and there were actually two technicians on site to set everything up. As far as timing goes, they were actually 15 minutes EARLY, called my on my cell phone to ask me if they could come early and stayed until they were sure everything was working 100% properly.

Although it is expensive and of course a monopoly I'm sort of addicted to digital cable and HD in particular. Discovery HD is pretty rad. If verizon was available, I would have definately checked it out but such is life.

Hopefully, no one has a hammy in my building.

Does anyone get Verizon yet? God I can't wait to get rid of Coxopoly.. I called verizon, and they said they only offer service within 3 miles of Broad Street. I am within that, but they don't offer service.. Typical RI huh.. Verizon comes to town but offers service only within a 15 minute walk I guess from their central office.. Anything longer is a dial up... :rolleyes:

the only thing that i'm excited about having verizon cable and fios available is that cox might lower their prices to compete. their phone prices are already cheaper than verizon. fios does nothing for me. it's the same speeds as cox cable internet and for the same price and the same crappy TOS that doesn't allow you to run servers from home (which i would do, and have done in the past, if it were allowed). the only thing fios has over cox is that they offer faster speeds, but for higher prices.

verizon cable might be interesting, but unless i can save on all 3 services, i won't be switching to verizon.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived