The Hat Factory

wrldcoupe4

If and when The John Marshall Hotel building ever gets going again, I wonder how this hip hop club activity will affect sales of condos -- or at M&R, for that matter?

Journi, are you hearing any word about a restaurant on the ground level of Berry Burk? Millie's tossed its hat in for a go at it about a year ago, but quietly slipped away from further considerstion.

M&R says it has plans for about 25,000 s/f of commercial along its Broad Street frontage. What will happen on the Grace Street side? The buildings adjacent to BB and across from M&R on Grace have a great deal of charm and potential for retail, IMO.

The Berry Burk space is vacant and seems to be on a road to remain that way until M & R opens. The developers for M & R havent heard anyone say they wouldnt buy because of the clubs, but these people dont often visit after 8 either... I think people will buy based off the day time activity and then get the shock the first weekend they live there... John Marshall, man that guy just needs to move on that remodel or sell it off, that building just sitting there drives me nuts. I just spoke with the owner of Berry Burk this morning and he says that the retail block across from M & R (Grace side) is owned by a family who is waiting for the finish of M & R to either sell or remodel. So another year of vacancy there. But the guy said the upstairs of that block is prime for affordable apartments, New Orleans style with their shuttered windows and existing hardwoods... If I had the money personally I would buy it now and do the redo myself... The M & R commercial space apparently has some bites for leasing but nothing major and it will remain that way until the courthouse is done and one or two more of the apartment conversions in the area are filled out. As far as the Grace Side, I am not sure for commercial space, but it will do well if it is planned, Ill see what I can find out on that.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I sure have messed up this thread! It's supposed to be about Toads, but I've led it to M&R and Grace Street development.

Sorry!

Back to Toads.

They cannot tell me whether or not HIGHWATER will be open by August 5th when I and my party of nine are going down there to hear Ken Navarro. I looked on Blackfinn's site, but damned if I can find whether or not it's open on Sundays. I called and got a robot who gave no such information.

Amanda at Toad's suggested MORTON's for dinner, but I don't believe my party wants to go that high-end.

There's always The Tobacco Company. It's open Sundays and unlike some people, I've always enjoyed it. :)

Suggestions?

Well, I sure have messed up this thread! It's supposed to be about Toads, but I've led it to M&R and Grace Street development.

Sorry!

Back to Toads.

We should open an insiders information thread or something...and I do believe BlackFinn will be open Sundays... hard to believe they wouldnt be since they are supposed to be a 'game-watching' location... who can afford to miss NFL and NASCAR fans?

We should open an insiders information thread or something...and I do believe BlackFinn will be open Sundays... hard to believe they wouldnt be since they are supposed to be a 'game-watching' location... who can afford to miss NFL and NASCAR fans?

That makes sense, journi, with all the plasma TV's around. But there's no football in August. Maybe they'll have on a Yankees game :thumbsup: .

Incidentally, if you order tickets online for Toad's events, they charge a $5.71 fee for each $30 ticket. I suppose that's more or less according to basic admission charged.

That makes sense, journi, with all the plasma TV's around. But there's no football in August. Maybe they'll have on a Yankees game :thumbsup: .

Incidentally, if you order tickets online for Toad's events, they charge a $5.71 fee for each $30 ticket. I suppose that's more or less according to basic admission charged.

Black Finn is open every day until 2:00 a.m.

Wow. That's a ridiculously hefty fee considering most of the shows I go to cost less than that auxillary fee. How can one nab tickets without messing with that fee?

Wow. That's a ridiculously hefty fee considering most of the shows I go to cost less than that auxillary fee. How can one nab tickets without messing with that fee?

Yea, Aaron. There will be a fee, but golden circle seats for Navarro are selling at $30 each. General admission for that act is $20, so I'm sure the fee would be proportionate.

I think Gen Admish at these youth-oriented venues means you have to stand up, and we old folks weren't about to entertain that thought.

I inadvertantly changed the font and don't know what the original one was.Oh, well!

Black Finn is open every day until 2:00 a.m.

Snif, thanks for this info. I think BLACKFINN will be our ansewer if HIGHWATER doesn't get its act together by August 5th.

I want to take my guests for a boat tour around four o'clock (The damned boats only run once an hour [if they are serious about attracting business, they'll need greater frequency than that] and like many Richmond area residents, none of my 10 friends and relatives know much about the canal).

Snif, thanks for this info. I think BLACKFINN will be our ansewer if HIGHWATER doesn't get its act together by August 5th.

I want to take my guests for a boat tour around four o'clock (The damned boats only run once an hour [if they are serious about attracting business, they'll need greater frequency than that] and like many Richmond area residents, none of my 10 friends and relatives know much about the canal).

be nice to allow street vendors along the canal soon, for a sort of market... especially running along the frontage of toads.

Burt, I thought I heard that the boats would be running at greater frequency during the summer. Have you called to inquire recently? I know they have expanded the hours and dates the canal rides are available.

I've heard many good things about the venue from several places... I'm hoping to go to a concert there soon... hopefully Buddy Guy.

Also, for those who don't know about parking, I noticed the large lot south of the floodwall and east of the Mayo Bridge is dedicated to patron parking.

Burt, I thought I heard that the boats would be running at greater frequency during the summer. Have you called to inquire recently? I know they have expanded the hours and dates the canal rides are available.

Coupe, according to the "Inside Buzz" I received from VR on June 20th, "departs on the hour" Wed-Sat noon to 7PM, Sundays, noon til 5pm. $5 for adults and :hi: $4 for seniors.

I hope no one has as much trouble reading Melissa Ruggieri's Concert Wire as me! It's an unintelligible jumble on inRich.

I was about to announce that Beyonce and Yamin had been added to Toad's schedule until I decided to double check with the club. I was assured that I had misread the mess at inRich.

The name of the performer comes before the venue :thumsbup: Yamin will be at the Norva, while Beyonce will be at the Hampton Coliseum.

Yeah -- I found that out after struggling to decipher that jumble of info and getting apologies for inRich from the writer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was misled by the format.

Archived