Starwood Kaput

Justiceham

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a new amphitheatre could be constructed in Shelby Park. It would be a beautiful and central location and could possibly help the continued improvment of the area.

...on second thought the traffic would be even more of a nightmare than Starwood.

I just don't see the new ballpark as a feasible option. True, the number of actual seats might be close to the same number, but Starwood (i believe) sat upwards of 15k in the grass in addition to the seats.

I bet the owners of the water-park/beach (whatever it's called) on Old Hickory Lake could make a killing if they added an amphitheatre. Although noise pollution could be a problem. And yes, once again....traffic!

Obviously I shouldn't be in the amphitheatre site-selection business. :lol:

What about the old ballpark... Doesn't it sit in a bit of a natural bowl on the downslope of the old fort? Far enough from the freeway too! Or then again, maybe there's not the market for outdoor venues of that size. I still go to Chastain, but I haven't been to Lakewood (or whatever it's called these days... um, Hi Fi Buys) in over ten years. Of course, I'm 36 now, and some would say, out of that target demographic.

I remember that the first phase of the riverfront redevelopment is to include an amphitheatre w/a floating stage near the new civic square. i'm sure this wasn't planned to be a large venue, though. If Chicago can fit a Starwood sized outdoor venue in their downtown area (and do it beautifully) then surely Nashville can too. I think the idea of putting an outdoor concert venue in Shelby park, but I like the idea of putting it where the scrap metal place is even better. Obviously anywhere it would go it would take some problem solving because of sound/traffic issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, while guzzling vodka at the Gold Rush, I came up with a humdinger of an idea. How about a huge outdoor concert venue in the community of Martha on Hwy 109. The land would probably be less expensive. It would be accessible from the Music City Star, and is easily accessed from Nashville. Anyone 2nd the motion?

Last night, while guzzling vodka at the Gold Rush, I came up with a humdinger of an idea. How about a huge outdoor concert venue in the community of Martha on Hwy 109. The land would probably be less expensive. It would be accessible from the Music City Star, and is easily accessed from Nashville. Anyone 2nd the motion?

• 8 months later...

Looks & sounds to me like it will become just another suburban strip mall type thing like we have all over the city. The Starwood site, which was once something special and unique, will probably fade away in everyones mind as just another neighborhood....

Archived