Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowguy716

U.S Rep. Charles Norwood Jr., of Georgia dies

6 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/13/nor...t.ap/index.html

He is remembered as a folksy dentist that was elected in 1994.

I think with the situation with Tim Johnson of South Dakota and with Charles Norwood just shows that even great democracies must succumb to the human condition.

I sincerely hope that his family can find closure and solace in knowing that he is no longer in pain.

Part of his district encompassed suburban Augusta and he's very well-liked here. Though I didn't agree with him on many issues, he was a good man who had a lot of integrity. He was also my girlfriend's dentist at one time!! I shudder to think about the losers they have lined up to replace him..........

Yeah, I don't even want to think about a new election.

Though, I think dentists would make good politicians. Anybody that can actively drill into your teeth without causing harm to you is trustworthy, in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't even want to think about a new election.

Though, I think dentists would make good politicians. Anybody that can actively drill into your teeth without causing harm to you is trustworthy, in my opinion.

Governor Sonny-Do of Georgia will set up a special election to be held in ten days. Then, all the neo-cons will line up giving speeches about how illegal immigrants are bad, fiscal conservatism is good, et al.

What is the standard routine when a House member dies? Seeing how there's no "vice representative," does the state immediately have an election?

Speaking of famous dentists, I used to have my teeth cleaned by former Cy Young Award winner Jim Lonborg.