Visteon plans to open new plant in Highland Park

RustTown

I read this title, and thought my eyes must have been tricking me, but it looks as if Visteon is going to open a plant in Highland Park, a place that has been left for dead. This is going to be huge for Highland Park.

Visteon plans to open new plant in Highland Park

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...EWS03/702130382

More auto supply jobs may not be what we're looking for, but ANYTHING to help HP, if only temporarily, is a good thing.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the comments on freep.com that express how much of a dump Detroit (Highland Park) is and then do a complete 360 and argue locating new facilities (leading to improvement) in such dumps. Is there something wrong w/ the people in SE Michigan that is a direct correlation between the state of the economy and the intelligence level here? Good grief!

I think it's wonderful and Chrysler should reestablish their HQ back in HP as well. That would show em!

I know. LMich has permission to smack me upside the head first. The rest of you can get in line and then I will finish off by smacking myself upside the head! :)

Seriously though, I just get suckered into reading them sometimes because I want to see how stupid some people are.

I actually responded last in the Winter Blast one and have yet to get a reply. I bet 1/2 the time the people are lying about who they are anyway.

Anyway, I don't see how anyone has the right to criticize this. Everyone in Michigan is hurting no matter what your socioeconomic status.

Highland Park is 50/50 in my eyes, dtown. I've done some pretty extensive surveying there and while its "book cover" is pretty rough and easily judgemental, there are some really good neighborhood pockets, particularly on the east side that represent the good 50.

If you want to experience what America typically stereotypes all of Detroit as, just go anywhere around the Davison where it meets the Lodge on the lower west side of the city. That's where Project Orange is and literally the city is in ruins.

Archived