Okay all you Hartford Neighborhood Boosters...Here is your chance

JayHass

I post over on City-Data where people look for relocation and area information. A lot of people say the very things about Hartford you all try to educate people on regarding the neighborhoods.

Have at em: http://www.city-data.com/forum/connecticut

P.S. This forum is a totally different type than UP so I didn't think this link would ruffle feathers - if it does, my apologies ahead of time.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I post over on City-Data where people look for relocation and area information. A lot of people say the very things about Hartford you all try to educate people on regarding the neighborhoods.

P.S. This forum is a totally different type than UP so I didn't think this link would ruffle feathers - if it does, my apologies ahead of time.

I stumbled upon that board the other day. It's interesting. I have not really read through it, but I wouldn't mind giving insight to people looking to move to the city or the area. There is no need to apologize either there's nothing there anyone doesn't hear all of the time. No one denies that Hartford and poor people have problems. I personally feel like I pull no punches about Hartford, I just offer the good with the bad and being a positive person maybe I tend to dwell on the positives.

I agree with you Tycoon, your posts are real and positive. Good stuff.

I was apologizing about a possible spam here. I don't know how posting other forums is recieved here to be honest.

I think Whaler already signed up. LOL

Pretty much. You sometimes get the sour grapes person who moved away and is miserable so they bad mouth the state blindly out of their own bad choice. lol

I don't want to start any wars over there, but did anyone read this? It is located in the "Best school districts in Hartford" thread.

And we wonder why Hartford can't suceed?

"lol I love how everybody repeats everything I say like 2 minutes later I'm glad that I could be of some help. If I had to choose between Avon and Farmington I would choose Farmington for my own personal reasons. If I were trying to put myself in your shoes I would also choose Farmington b/c its slightly better commute and I've had friends that have grown up in both towns and I can say that there is not going to be much difference in town life, school systems, etc. they are very similar and with farmington at least you're a little closer to civilization. Both have very nice town centers and libararies and all that stuff you are looking for. You are within a close driving distance to West Hartford where you can go to West Farms mall (west farms b/c its border of west hartford and farmington how clever huh? it is a very nice mall tho) and around that area are plenty of restaurants and shops and everything you'll ever need. No more going into hartford like the olden days before I was born, everything has made its way to the manchesters, west hartfords, stamfords, norwalks, danburys of the state (all once suburb only towns - now much more populated and useful) Final answer..Farmington..ultimately its your decision "

I don't want to start any wars over there, but did anyone read this? It is located in the "Best school districts in Hartford" thread.

And we wonder why Hartford can't suceed?

"lol I love how everybody repeats everything I say like 2 minutes later I'm glad that I could be of some help. If I had to choose between Avon and Farmington I would choose Farmington for my own personal reasons. If I were trying to put myself in your shoes I would also choose Farmington b/c its slightly better commute and I've had friends that have grown up in both towns and I can say that there is not going to be much difference in town life, school systems, etc. they are very similar and with farmington at least you're a little closer to civilization. Both have very nice town centers and libararies and all that stuff you are looking for. You are within a close driving distance to West Hartford where you can go to West Farms mall (west farms b/c its border of west hartford and farmington how clever huh? it is a very nice mall tho) and around that area are plenty of restaurants and shops and everything you'll ever need. No more going into hartford like the olden days before I was born, everything has made its way to the manchesters, west hartfords, stamfords, norwalks, danburys of the state (all once suburb only towns - now much more populated and useful) Final answer..Farmington..ultimately its your decision "

Update:

I've noticed a trend over there. Seems the people who come and trash are Hartford are from two groups.

1. Those in FF County who have an elitist attitude that Hartford is some stepchild wasteland that only drains their pocketbook.

2. Those who have moved away X years ago and come to the CT forum and just rag on Hartford. (And sometimes they ONLY post in the CT forum which tells you something) I think a lot of those people are either homesick and trying to justify their decision to move to a suburban sprawl wasteland (And if you folks think CT has sprawl you need to go visit a city like Atlanta) or are just miserable people in general and don't realize their location can't change that.

I say we might have actually benefitted from the negative people who hated it so much here they just "had" to move. We are probably better off without them.

Archived