Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dombalis

Green facade on South Street parking deck

5 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not, but i was wondering if anyone else has noticed a green facade on the south side of the South Street parking deck (just south of the new Convention Center.) I don't remember seeing it before. Does anyone know what's going on with it (whose idea is was, was it put up recently?)

I'm pretty sure its been on there since it was built. Ties in nicely with the green glass on The Progress Energy Center.

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not, but i was wondering if anyone else has noticed a green facade on the south side of the South Street parking deck (just south of the new Convention Center.) I don't remember seeing it before. Does anyone know what's going on with it (whose idea is was, was it put up recently?)

Its always been there- I watched them install a few of those panels.

However, it reminds me of a question I've meant to ask for a while: What, if any, plans does the City have for the surface lot right in front of it on Salisbury Street? That will be right next door to the entrance to the new Convention Center. I think it would look pretty crappy to walk out and look over at and asphalt lot. Is that one of the numbered "sites" that the city plans to sell? Anyone know?

However, it reminds me of a question I've meant to ask for a while: What, if any, plans does the City have for the surface lot right in front of it on Salisbury Street? That will be right next door to the entrance to the new Convention Center. I think it would look pretty crappy to walk out and look over at and asphalt lot. Is that one of the numbered "sites" that the city plans to sell? Anyone know?