King's... rising from the ashes

DanRNC

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the new King's will be opening in the Moore Square area although a date has not been set.

Link? Can you tell us which site? The old Greenshields perhaps? If true, that's excellent news. I just hope they establish a good long term relationship with the owner, so we're not in the same situation in a few years.

That is good news! I was just thinking the other day about how there still wasn't any news about this. I was hoping it wouldn't fall into the "gone/forgotten" category, since it deserves better.

"Moore Square area" could point to several potential locations:

- the old Greenshields space, finally something to go there, and would add more nightlife to the area. Or move the farmers' market somewhere else within City Market and lease that space to Kings, though it would be small.

- the old Raleigh Furniture building on Hargett, or the other Empire spaces along that block. Hatem and company know the value of the area would be enhanced by having a performance space as flexible as Kings was (will be?).

- the old designbox and/or icehouse behind Moore Square Magnet Middle school. Might upset the neighbors, but the area wouldn't be under serious development pressure for years, if ever.

• 1 month later...

Any news? Good, bad or otherwise? There were some "end of September" rumored announcement, but that never came to pass. What gives?

Rennovations are well underway for the Raleigh Furniture building space, but there are no signs as to what is going in there, just west of Roly Poly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was hoping we'd have heard something definite by now... when I pass the Alibi/DEC, I look for signs of Kings... it seems like a natural fit to me... struggling club is replaced by rebirth of minor-local-legendary rock club in new digs. I like that Alibi is right there too. Crossing my fingers...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived