Griffin Plaza

Lukin

The tennessean has the scoop:

http://my.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...021301/70214073

I don't think I've ever heard this one mentioned before, by Crosland has just announced a third project for the gulch

- 10 Stories

- Retail

- 140 apartments

- construction begins in april with completion in late 2008 (about the time of terrazzo and ICON)

also, the story mentions that the sliver building across from the Terrazzo won't begin construction until 2008 when terrazzo begins to wrap up....

it says it is at 300 12street...anyone know whereabouts that is? The tennessean map is tiny

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For cryin' out loud, I used to take pride in knowing every brick laid around here. I give up; I can't take it all in. I guess I'll just drive around saying, "what's that?" "and that?" "and that?"

Looks to be next to the Best One tire property. Some places have trouble getting a new Krystal, and we're so red hot with the announcements, I just don't know what to say anymore. In some ways, I'd like to leave town and come back in late '08, but I'm afraid I couldn't find my way home.

I don't know why but this is a project that really just got me excited to think about. Maybe it's because I like the idea of the design in my head, of course that could turn out to be way off...but I like the description of the base with the two existing buildings. I'd love to see some pictures are what is there now.

I also of course love to hear that it will have apartments. I know that when I graduate and move back to Nashville that I will be apartment shopping, even though I'd love to be in one of these condos. Am I crazy for being so excited over a 10-story mixed use property? haha...Or does it make sense because it just backs up our thoughts that the Gulch will in no time be THE hot spot to live, hang out, party, as a younger person....now I feel out of place on this forum haha

Wow that is the sorryiest looking website I've ever seen. Double WOW on how this project sayed under the radar for so long. Construction is planned for a month and a half from now!!!! According to google maps this is a block down from Demom. at the corner of 12th and Laurel Ave (southeast corner)

I just thought this was interesting:

The six projects planned for the gulch (ICON, Terrazzo, Sliver, Velocity, Pine Street, and Griffin Plaza) have a combined total of more than 1,000 units. By 2009, we could have over one thousand people living in the gulch alone! That is some amazing density, and that's not even counting the units already there...I know of mercury lofts, but are there any other significant residential buildings in the gulch?

From today news paper: Griffin Plaza

It would be nice if the paper knew the background on this thing. Crosland bought the property a year ago from the Hortons, the owners who sort of opted out of The Gulch plan and got their own approved, allow there were some pieces they still had to follow with respect to the redevelopment district and The Gulch plan. Crosland didn't have to step out too far since Barkley and Armistead have been involved from the start and the template was already set.

Background on a story? But, Richard, that would be expecting too much from the Tennessean.

Ha! Yes knowing how the project go here would be interesting to know, that it just didn't drop from the sky. I knew something had been working down there but hadn't dug around enough. The release came out about 5 pm yesterday and the paper just basically put the release up on the web site. I wasn't around to do much with it right away but I posted a story on our site about 1:15 this morning because I knew the paper wouldn't know the history.

Wow, this is getting really exciting. Over one thousand units announced, and at least 500 more. That's a lot. Those articles were also pretty informative. We learned that one, this is another large project with cheap apartments, which is exactly what we've been wanting. Two, it's starts in only two months. Three, the sliver building will have only 25 apartments. And four, there will be more retail coming to the gulch.

It all sounds good!

Novare and Tony G. Own land on the other side of Demom correct? Those warehouses off of 11th and Charolette?? Does he own any more land? Any close to the area currently being developed? Because those warehouses are pretty far down the street...

Do we know if Novare and Tony G's Gulch project is still planned to be a tripple tower complex or has this been reworked?

I don't recall seeing any specifics on Giarratana's plans for his Church Street property. Of course, there have been rumors, and there was that old schematic diagram that showed three midrise buildings. There was also a rumor some time ago that the Four Seasons ripoff (Twelve) would be joining forces with him on his Church property. But nothing was concrete.

I remember watching a news story awhile back and Tony G. had said his plans for the Gultch would follow next after Siggy. I remember the news story making mention to the Novare Tony G. complex and I rememberd reading about the rumored project I believe somewhere hear on this site.

Thanks ALTBrian :thumbsup:

According to the Gulch plan, there are 1500 units planned for the Gulch. That means there will be another 500 or so to follow.

Judging from the incredible density, and the significant amount of land that could be developed in the Gulch, it may be safe to that the area will ultimately have quite a few more than 1500 units. Either that, or there will be an amazing amount of retail that should be announced before too long.

If Novare annouces something for the Gulch, look out! The number of units could race close to the 1500 number with that one announcement. The Gulch is smoking!!!

thank you for that....the gulch is still the hardest area for me to imagine where things will be or even the area without anything because I never have spent time there, really driven through etc...that will change next time I am home

Isn't the Eaking project slated for the other side of Demonbreun from where it is on the map? However, a very helpful visual aid.

And where is Pine Street Flats?

No, but the Eakin towers are rotated incorrectly. The long section of the towers should be perpendicular with 12th Avenue and parallel with Demonbreun. The Griffin project is also not correctly located. It should be on the opposite side of 12th. I believe Pine Street flats is actually one of the two buildings labeled Velocity.

Archived